• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[3K factory] PP Aquanaut 5167 rep vs. gen

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
DW still not perfect need new print , I hope next version everything ok with new Swiss Made dial .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Whatever you say to help you sleep at night...

added to ignore list

If you keep ignoring every person who tries to have a discussion with you you're ignore list gonna be full very fast.

Stop acting like a crybaby and learn to take contra once in a while, you're not the nicest person either, so don't be surprised when someone responds in the same tone to you as you to them.

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Steady on, that was a bit uncalled for. It’s just an opinion, everyone’s got one. No need to start talking people down on the forum just for giving their opinion, after all that it what the whole point of a forum is, no?!

Agree with you about 3K factories efforts here though, personally printing is no issue for me, a clone of the 324SC has been a long time coming, I can’t wait to see it appear in more models!

DC

Hey DC , I am cool don’t worry , I just voiced my opinion on a post that makes no sense to me , foreseeing negativity whereas xf came out with a great product, and with a current offering on the 5711 from pf With correct crown and bezel , those are great news to me and reason for enthusiasm...

to have someone bragging a 99% certainty that next release would be a fluke is pathetic... but hey there will be always people seeing the glass half empty... they just need to be reminded others see the life on the bright side of things. Lol ;)

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
If you keep ignoring every person who tries to have a discussion with you you're ignore list gonna be full very fast.

Stop acting like a crybaby and learn to take contra once in a while, you're not the nicest person either, so don't be surprised when someone responds in the same tone to you as you to them.

Fortunately there are only few people in the forum who lack manners. Mostly people can behave even when sitting behind a screen.

Reactions: Glaude and Cheeps

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

Lol :):):) you actually did made me laugh...

you must be preacher or talk for a living, so even if you don't make sense, you learned to make nonsense eloquently....

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Lol :):):) you actually did made me laugh...

you must be preacher or talk for a living, so even if you don't make sense, you learned to make nonsense eloquently....

Close, I’m a consultant. It’s not nonsense though. Whenever someone disagrees with you or simply posts something you don’t agree with you get rude and demeaning, when the person answers in the same tone you start “adding people to your ignore list”.

you reap what you sow. Don’t be surprised.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Close, I’m a consultant. It’s not nonsense though. Whenever someone disagrees with you or simply posts something you don’t agree with you get rude and demeaning, when the person answers in the same tone you start “adding people to your ignore list”.

you reap what you sow. Don’t be surprised.

LOL :):)....General consultant to mankind...

tx for entertainment

good luck chief

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
kobe24 Is this 3K movement really a super clone? I see all the major dealers’ description states that it is a modified Miyota 9015 decorated to like 324SC

atozzotas

7/1/15
Well ordered the rose gold, will see what happen

Reactions: donpepe

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Sidhu6355
Thanks for your reply.
If it is really a super clone of Cal.324SC movement, then just curious, the question remained is..

why do the major dealers (trusty, ts, pf) states that it is a modified Miyota 9015 with decorated to Cal. 324SC ? All of them are saying that it is modified Miyota 9015 with deco, not even mentioning super clone.

( I am not confused with the other factory ZF and PPF’s movement. I did triple check each description carefully at each dealer’s website description for 3KF Aquanaut multiple times. ).

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I bought a PPF one, but its movement failed after a month or so. And unfortunately to get the slim profile, they have machined the edge of the 9015 to accommodate the larger date wheel required and then glue it all together, so it isn't possible to just do a movement swap if something fails.
It's rather put me off buying another.
PT did put up the '3K factory' one at $578 for a short time, but they seem to have removed it again...

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
I bought one, but its movement failed after a month or so. And unfortunately to get the slim profile, they have machined the edge of the 9015 to accommodate the larger date wheel required and then glue it all together, so it isn't possible to just do a movement swap if something fails.
It's rather put me off buying another.

This thread is about a new clone not just a decorated 9015 miyota movement.

sorry to hear that your miyota died but the reliability of this new product has to be proven i guess.

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
This thread is about a new clone not just a decorated 9015 miyota movement.

sorry to hear that your miyota died but the reliability of this new product has to be proven i guess.

I really can't see them creating a full clone for a low volume rep like a PP. We shall see at some point no doubt.

BIONONE

28/4/17
I really can't see them creating a full clone for a low volume rep like a PP. We shall see at some point no doubt.

Didn‘t you read the thread or at least look at the shared pictures? :D

actually the chinese market for patek is booming the past 2-2,5 years so the demand over there is very high - also reported by certain insiders on here. Just look at the variety of PP reps in the past year.

the clone was talked about since 3-4 years now so it is actually no surprise that factories evolve.

it is confirmed a clone movement - believe it or not. Functional clone or just optical up to a high visual accuracy compared to gen - time will tell how good it is. But it definitely is not just a miyota with glued on decorative plates :)

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

guessit

Known Member
17/11/19
Even if movement it's a clone, it's not engraved and in my opinion it's quite ugly

ssouthall6

10/10/13
This movement has been in the works for years, why are people so shocked about it? Whatever this factory name is, don't think they suddenly popped up out of nowhere....they aren't the wet bandits

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
This movement has been in the works for years, why are people so shocked about it? Whatever this factory name is, don't think they suddenly popped up out of nowhere....they aren't the wet bandits

Yeah it was promised a few years ago I think and they just stopped updating, finally going to be able to have a realistic franken

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Yeah it was promised a few years ago I think and they just stopped updating, finally going to be able to have a realistic franken

Yeah that’s what I thought lol. Genuine dial just gone up on eBay for $4800. Overpriced in my opinion, they were at $1200 a few month back. Having said that, once these watches are released properly and start selling well, which they will do, 5167 dials are going to rocket in value, just as the Daytona dials did on release of the 4130 clone and 116710 parts on release on the 3186. Grab em now while you can.