• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

" Where is RUDY40" Please help a fellow member out!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I'm tired. I'm going to take a nap. LOL. Let me know exactly what you want from the parts I have to offer. I will mail them in the morning tomorrow. Good luck brother.

With Esavy not wanting a watch and Maron as of now might get his money back, I think you are the only one out a watch. So lets get this done. Tagfan1 sent me his info already.

J___

M2M Stalker
Patron
Certified
3/7/14
I hardly even know what my best options are at this point. I just know that gen is the best option. I'm not well-versed in what TC/brand/versions are the best this or that. That being said, I don't feel so comfortable choosing. I still feel undeserving of this kindness and it wears at me a little to even ask for these parts from you great people. It's whatever can be donated without burden that would make me the most comfortable and happy. Maybe I can seek some advice as to what my best options are from the lot of everyone participating/discussing in this thread? Let's build together!

J___

M2M Stalker
Patron
Certified
3/7/14
Also -- Tagfan gave me the OK to have all the parts shipped to him for building.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I can sum it up quickly.

As far as quality of build. TC is the way to go. He by far has the best 16610 rep. So if you can get a TC case which I am giving you it is a hell of a start. The last tc LV dial is great. TC LV hands and a TC date wheel. The band well not to tick him off lol but his V2 band is amazing. The latest bands I'm not a fan of. The band I have is most likely a TC band but there are so many different versions of his bands that I can say for sure. TC crystal I don't like. I would replace that with gen. A gen crown which was offered is great. The bezel insert is another thing that I would chose to go gen with. If not a TC is the best or a WM9.

Yea I got his PM. Parts will go out tomorrow. Hope you have your watch soon. Good luck with it and please post pics of the ending product.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Not to hijack the awesome convo going on here regarding the build.

I spoke to paypal about the peculiar message I received not allowing me to dispute but only go straight to a claim. They could not confirm or deny Rudy's account is closed, they did say they sent him a message and it went through. They suggested one possibility is that he blocked me. I quickly Google searched what the message meant and apparently it means his account may be frozen due to numerous claims or problems.

So I guess it's fair to say his paypal is not in good standing.

Now he has ten days to provide them valid tracking or my watch to show up otherwise they will refund me. I'll feel a lot better when this is put to rest. I just feel uneasy knowing an empty box could arrive that would complicate matters for me.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
sorry, i didn't know you already included a bezel assy. i can hold back on it and see if anyone else comes out of the woodwork with a Rudy40 loss.

I don't think his intentions were to cherry pick the parts... it's a long and confusing thread

I just thought there were a few more watches to be built. Right now he is the only one.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
[MENTION=96825]MaronAckay[/MENTION], I feel your pain. I had an issue with a Gen band a few weeks ago. When the seller doesn't help it feels like forever. Good luck with it and worst case, we can get you a watch built.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15

I spoke to paypal about the peculiar message I received not allowing me to dispute but only go straight to a claim. They could not confirm or deny Rudy's account is closed, they did say they sent him a message and it went through. They suggested one possibility is that he blocked me. I quickly Google searched what the message meant and apparently it means his account may be frozen due to numerous claims or problems.

Now he has ten days to provide them valid tracking or my watch to show up otherwise they will refund me. I'll feel a lot better when this is put to rest. I just feel uneasy knowing an empty box could arrive that would complicate matters for me.

Glad to hear your claim is progressing. I wouldn't worry too much about an empty box showing up. If he does provide tracking it will complicate things, but probably not as much as you think. If your suspicions are correct and his account is already under investigation, PayPal will be pretty much looking for an excuse to end the claim in your favor.

If anything shows up, empty or not, document document document. Take pictures and/or video of all angles of the box. Open it in front of another person who can write a statement to PP if necessary.

joes

I'm Pretty Popular
2/1/15

When I bought from him in May last year he would only use WU because he said he had PP problems. Guess this explains why.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Somebody wanna PM me TF1 info. I will send TCLV hands tomorrow.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Glad to hear your claim is progressing. I wouldn't worry too much about an empty box showing up. If he does provide tracking it will complicate things, but probably not as much as you think. If your suspicions are correct and his account is already under investigation, PayPal will be pretty much looking for an excuse to end the claim in your favor.

If anything shows up, empty or not, document document document. Take pictures and/or video of all angles of the box. Open it in front of another person who can write a statement to PP if necessary.
Have to remember too that since it's $750 US he requires a signature. I Google the type of "tracking number" he gave me, it's not actually tracking but more of a parcel number. So if he chose the cheaper international option without tracking I'm confident that it also doesn't come with signature meaning no seller protection for him.

If he had shipped with signature as agreed upon I think it would have arrived already.

Anyways paypal told me if I don't recieve anything or if I receive an empty box they will take care of me.

I'm hoping that he doesn't respond to paypal at all.

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
[MENTION=96825]MaronAckay[/MENTION], I feel your pain. I had an issue with a Gen band a few weeks ago. When the seller doesn't help it feels like forever. Good luck with it and worst case, we can get you a watch built.
Thank you sir. I was quietly watching your issue with the bracelet weeks ago. Makes me feel better knowing I have support

J___

M2M Stalker
Patron
Certified
3/7/14
Thank you sir. I was quietly watching your issue with the bracelet weeks ago. Makes me feel better knowing I have support

Bud, I pray that you get what's yours at the end of this predicament. It's quite a bit of money that you're out. Please keep us updated!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Paypal is not the greatest. I can see why as a seller why he won't take it. I know horror stories of sellers who sold a legit watch and a month and sometimes two months would go by and the customer would put a claim on you. Also the empty box thing is used sometime when stuff is sent. That is why Scottb57 is correct. I would video the box and open it on video. Paypal is great for the buyer. Not so great for the seller. Like I said. I would never take a paypal payment unless its a gift. Its a catch 22 here on this forum. I rarely pay with paypal as a sell unless I don't know the guy or he has no sales. I would and have paid Rudy by gift. I would have never seen this.

The system broke down here. We had forum members that are well known, know that he was not being legit. They should have spoken up. At least let the Mods know what is going on. Then we had him rushing people, which is a classic sign of fraud. I will not be rushed into buying a watch from anyone. If I am spending a large amount of $ on a watch I would take my time. Look at pictures. I also would insist he put it in an for sale post.

So all the things that are made to protect us as a buyer were bypassed here. That is bad form for him to take. If and when he returns, he has a lot of explaining to do to his buyer the Admin.

I have become friends with a bunch of people here. I have been texted asked if I wanted to buy something. I have brought things not on this site. I am responsible for it. I have been burned. I have been sold crap here. I brought watches on sales threads that were not anything what they said that they would be. The word Gen here is useless. I have got watches that didn't work out of the box I have got watches where the seller had no idea what they had. I've got parts that were "TC" that were not even close to it. I don't leave them feedback and let them know. Maybe they were sold that by someone who said that it was what they say it is. If that makes any sense.

I don't expect a Rolex when I buy here. I expect a watch that I can upgrade or part out to make something. That is just me.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
Pic of TCLV hands....just as they were sent back to me from Mike after gen upgrade. Will ship to TF1 tomorrow.

da507e6151f747f0088f22b744022e5c.jpg

47e5917271492c7d334397a3d0e59ad5.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

mocca

20/7/15
I have a TC crown and TC LN insert to contribute for those that affected in this thread. Let me know via pm the shipping address to ship to. I will be happy to help.
Regards.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oke, if you want me to organise a DWO from tc someone needs to PM me an address.

They could not confirm or deny Rudy's account is closed, they did say they sent him a message and it went through. . . . . I quickly Google searched what the message meant and apparently it means his account may be frozen due to numerous claims or problems.
Easy way to find out if his account is frozen, try sending him $5

JoeyT

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/14
Oke, if you want me to organise a DWO from tc someone needs to PM me an address.

Easy way to find out if his account is frozen, try sending him $5

Good idea!! Rep kudos for whoever performs that experiment

J___

M2M Stalker
Patron
Certified
3/7/14
I shot him Sbybbuser a PM to clarify with him, but have yet to hear a reply. So I decided to take Trailboss up on it.