• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My Franken PB DSSD - Thanks Pbdad!

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
I found this Forum a few months back, and have really enjoyed reading, and leaning many things about so many different watches. I have been an avid collector, and dealer of Gen watches for years, but I have learned more in the last few months on this forum than the last 2 years dealing with Gens. I have also met a few friends along the way.

My quest for a Franken DSSD started this summer when I ran across Blue Rocket's PB Franken DSSD Thread. I had no idea who Pbdad was at that time, but I knew I would be sending a watch to him to receive the Gen Bezel Assembly & Dial makeover.

A few days after reading about Blue Rocket's watch, I ran across a BK DSSD in the sales section here on this forum. I didnt even haggle over the price, I just bought it as fast as I could. I had seen a few pop up that were literally "gone in 60 seconds" so I knew I had to act fast!

I sent the watch to PB in October with the intentions of having him work on the AR, Dial, Movement, and WR while I was sourcing a Gen Bezel Assembly. In early November I found a Gen Bezel Assembly, and sent it overnight to PB. The rest is history...

I am in the process of sourcing a Gen Bracelet and Clasp for the watch. IMO, this watch deserves so much more than the Rep Bracelet. Construction-wise its fine, but it has many tells - Cornette on the clasp, Link Screws, SEL Fitment, etc.

In the mean time, I purchased a black Rubber B Strap. I have grown to love Rubber Straps on my AP's, and Pam's so I figured, Why not on a Rolex? The fit and feel are amazing, and it looks pretty good too!

Thanks for reading, now on to the pics!

Here is a Shot of a Gen DSSD that I recently sold for comparison. Pretty darn close if you ask me...

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Forgot to mention how nice it was dealing with PB. He answered every email, and never seemed to get tired of my relentless questions.

PB, if you are reading this, I really appreciate your hard work man.

Thanks!

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
lovin all the gen bezel builds lately.
just noticed my sig links don't work anymore.... sigh, will fix later

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
lovin all the gen bezel builds lately.
just noticed my sig links don't work anymore.... sigh, will fix later

Thanks, this is my first ftanken. I think I just opened the flood gates....

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

my1hype

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/11/13
Sam, sounds like you are ready for another project ;)...I can buy this one from you in the heart bit. I love this watch and been searching for the super modded version. Interested?

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
This one is not for sale, yet....

Honestly with all the time and money I have tied up in it, I would have to ask way more that someone would be willing to pay I imagine.

ceoCorona

Renowned Member
5/5/13
Good work man! I have enjoyed following the entire build process with you. Nice to see it finally assembled!

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Thanks Brotha, but your builds are really something. Cant wait to see the new Two Tone GMTC!!

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Nice work, Sam !

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
Thanks guys. It has been a long road. Funny thing is this rep - both the build, and now wearing it - give me more satisfaction than the gen did. I guess it's just all of the effort and time I put into it.

BMW, you have some nice builds, do you ever feel this way about your reps?

arcadia

Put Some Respect On My Name
11/8/11
That's a nice build you have there Sam. The gen bracelet will send you back another 4 digits but enjoy the rep hobby.

Sent using Android via Tapatalk

JJBliss

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/1/12
That's a nice build you have there Sam. The gen bracelet will send you back another 4 digits but enjoy the rep hobby.

Sent using Android via Tapatalk

I'd pay that - If I could find it..... I haven't seen one - and the one quote I got was over $3K

Sam1977

I'm Pretty Popular
17/6/13
I haven't seen an entire bracelet yet either, although before I was really looking I would run accross the dssd clasp on trf occasionally.

benjji

I'm Pretty Popular
2/7/13
hi Sam congrats for your great job! i have two questions for you:

- about dial, Bp VS Noob.. wich is the better ?
- with AR work on BP crystal, it will be good as the noob ?

PS- Oh GAD! sorry Sam i confused your treadh with other to comparison DSSD BP vs NOOB .. sorry again! :adoration:

live1

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
25/3/13
bp has a more accurate case vs noob thats about it imo