• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

" Where is RUDY40" Please help a fellow member out!

Maron

Mythical Poster
16/2/15
Canada
Did you pay with PP gift? If you have approval to do so, it'd probably be best if you can exhaust the PayPal dispute option first. I know a few members have volunteered some parts to build a watch to soften the blow. But as a matter of due diligence, I think enough time has elapsed for you to exhaust a refund from PayPal (provided you are clear to do so from the mods).

We should wrap this up so we can get back to our normal threads. This thread is not great press..
I'm thinking any money @J__ would have sent him would have taken place for than 180 days ago so he can no longer file a dispute.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
I'm thinking any money @J__ would have sent him would have taken place for than 180 days ago so he can no longer file a dispute.

It could be... I had one issue with a bitcoin miner preorder deal that went south, where I was outside the time frame. I had to escalate to PP executive support to move it through. But I got a refund. This situation is similar, it was a preorder.

The worst they can say is no.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
So question... If many of you knew Rudy wasn't a modder why didn't anyone speak up sooner? If he was just an "agent" between people then his con has been a long time in the making.

So what, he has a few K in posts (mainly sales bumps) does that allow such double standard treatment? I'm actually not just disappointed in him but anyone who said nothing. [emoji848]

So it's cool to see people step in now to help but this was easily avoidable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I along with most likely 99% of the people here had no clue. I don't think there is a double standard treatment. I think there is a respect for the man. I can say that no a majority of his post are not bumps. He has contribute a hell of a lot. So I do give him the respect that I believe he deserves. Its not like he is a guy who has been here a year and is doing this. I am just as shocked and annoyed at the people who held this from us. Also the back door buying and selling. That is the reason there are rules here and even as a senior member you should keep those rules. Look this is a perfect example of what happens with rules that are broken. Instead of one watch, we have 3 watches that are not delivered.
[MENTION=11620]trailboss99[/MENTION]...Not tailboss...LOL. I was going to mail the parts out. If we agree on a builder like Mike let me know. I will see him this weekend and I can give him all these parts. That way I won't have to ship them. I would rather hand deliver them.

Robert

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Also from a PM or was it this thread, J said it was mostly trades and some cash and its been a year. I will give what I can. I was just looking in my movements and found another 2824. I have a ton of 2836's that need service or keyless work. Some are gen and some are asian. The issue would be cases. I will do what I can to help anyone I can. Just let me know. I think in reading we have enough parts to make J's watch. If we do one at a time in the order that Rudy did this, then we have J, then the OP and then Maron. If the OP and Maron get the $ from the authorized disputes then the victim is down to 1. If the are out the $ then we will, as a group, build their watches too.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
" Where is RUDY40" Please help a fellow member out!

I have one v3 TC DWOs and a set of hands from Ken. But I think the hands have the skinny minute hand. I ordered by accident, and can be shipped to any builds here that need it? Don't know. :shrug: but I know the TC DWO can be used! All brand new in original packing too.. Lol

Just PM me and I'll ship them to wherever they're needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Esavy

Renowned Member
31/5/12
You guys are freaking Awesome. Seriously. Just reading the kindness and willingness of help offered here is enough to lighten the blow and is greatly appreciated! A sincere thank you for all of your help fellas :D

Sbybbuser

I'm Pretty Popular
20/7/12
ba9c5f909ff72ff9c810a7b44d7aa239.jpg

This is what I have in my parts bin.
Not sure about the version of each part.
Let me know how and where to ship them to.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9100 using Tapatalk

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
I'm glad this thread mood has lighten. I just can't wait until J___ wakes up and see's that he is going to have a watch. It will be like Christmas again...What else do we need?
Case...Check
Movement...Check
Movement holder....Check
Band....Check
Crystal....Check
Crystal ring and bezel assembly....Check
Dial...Check
Crown...Check
We need hands and date wheel and bezel insert. Also someone who will clean and service the movement and put it all together.

Did I miss the part where Esavy gets a watch built as well?

agd47

18/4/15
If this helps I've a serviced nickel plated perlage gmt movement that I took out when mike installed a modded yuki movement. If this is any use to the missing builds let me know and I'll get it shipped.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
[MENTION=48613]bradj[/MENTION] you are more than welcome to donate to build him a watch. I will also help him. I have been in contact with him. I said it once I guess you didn't read it which I can understand. There are 23 pages. J___ is the only one I know about that Rudy had mention here. I have read post where he said he was next. He has been waiting a year for a build. So I, myself, donate all the above parts for a build for him.

I have contacted the OP by PM that I will help him. I have a movement and tons of regular SUB parts. As far as LV parts. I have a LV that I finished a long time ago and it is mostly all gen but the case. I stopped buying stuff for an LV.

If you have any parts bradj or if you want there is a nice case over at RWG
https://rwg.cc/topic/181804-fs-brand-new-modded-sean-etaswiss-16610-midcase-with-tc-crown-and-tube

He has the TC case left and I was going to buy it for $350. You can donate to help him get the case. That is one thing I don't have any more of.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
This result is why RWI is the only rep forum I frequent...

Kudos to all who are helping out...

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
So we're missing a case, hands, dial and insert?

I have a clark LV insert is no one else has a TC LV insert. I volunteered my TC LV insert for the J___ build. But right now, for the Esavy build, I have a TC bezel assy, tc crown, and tc lv crystal. I have a tc bracelet also but it needs some work. sybbbuser's bracelet is probably the best of breed.

What else fellas? @bradj [MENTION=27175]rsh[/MENTION] - anyone have a dial, hand set or a case to make this bad boy complete?

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Sorry to everyone affected. I don't have any spare parts, but I'm happy to donate to help buy parts or whatever if needed.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
The case is the big thing. A TC case is $250 from him direct. I only had one. I wish I had two.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
This result is why RWI is the only rep forum I frequent...

Kudos to all who are helping out...

we're all human and we all have compassion. I'm sure we, on any other neighboring form, would have done the same. but RWI is freakin cool.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I have a few brand new LV inserts from Startime. I did a bulk buy of inserts. LOL. I tell you I have way too many parts... They are nice replacements but the pearl isn't the same.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
The case is the big thing. A TC case is $250 from him direct. I only had one. I wish I had two.

Yeah, if we end up needing to go that route or if someone has one they can let go for cheaper I can definitely pitch in towards the cost.

J___

M2M Stalker
Certified
3/7/14
Unfortunately, it has been well over a year since this deal started with Rudy, so PayPal won't be able to help me.

Aside from the cash, $50 for shipping when he said that it was all he needed to finally get me the watch, after he told me that I just needed to pay Tagfan for the mods, there were two watches included in the transaction as well. I sent him a Tudor BB Blue and a pristine WM9 16613 black initially. It really is a shame that the 16613 is now lost with him and nobody else could have it. He had PM'd me the day I got the watch from M2M and told me that if I ever decided that I needed money, he would love to have it and I saw that he was a very helpful member and very active and respected here. He then offered me the 16610LV for trade and to help me with building. Now we're here.

I no longer have that original thread, but it was a beauty and quickly filled with "PM'd I'll take it" within minutes. Luckily, I had seen it 50 seconds after it was posted, as was told by the buyer.

I'm out well over a grand on this, but to be God honest, the generosity from this forum and its members is quite a breath of fresh air. I thank you all.

J___

M2M Stalker
Certified
3/7/14
When you decide who's building this let me know an address, I'll have tc ship a V3 DWO to them.

I spoke to Tagfan last night and he said he would be willing to help. I appreciate the gesture Mr. Bossman!

J___

M2M Stalker
Certified
3/7/14
Also, anyone who is helping me with parts and shipping it to a modder (I spoke to Tagfan through PM and he said he was willing to help), please include your name.

I need to properly give my thanks and this definitely won't be the end. I will forever be in debt to all of you and this forum.

Mike, I appreciate the gesture as well and if Tagfan decides that he doesn't have the time, I would greatly appreciate any help. He has also told me that he's been quite busy and hasn't been modding much.