• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

" Where is RUDY40" Please help a fellow member out!

Nickdao.njd

22/12/15
I must say WOW,
Despite the issues with a well-known member with whole lot of donate became somewhat-scammer-look-alike.
This community are beyond imagination with humanity and generosity.
If i was u J, when i have my hand on the watch from "United Community of Watches Enthusiasts" literally i'd shred tears badly.
Great to found this place.
Best wishes to you all!

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

mclarendude

𝙟𝙚𝙩𝙨𝙥𝙚𝙚𝙙
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
16/2/11
ATL
Guys:

I'm amazed and proud of you all, this has turned out to be amazing. Honestly. Kudos to every single one of you. I sadly have no parts to contribute, but, if is there any parts that's missing and needs to be bought, I'll gladly donate all I can to help out.

Long Live RWI.

PS: Rudy was always great to me, sad to see this go how it went. He tried to source a gen pearl for my Franken SMP and failed to do so. Oh well...

Reactions: P..DR..D

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I just realized another person who just died to cancer. He was a guy I knew from the Porsche community. He use to own PAR Porsche here in NY. He did something similar but benefited a lot more money. He took peoples cars in on consignment and then he would give them a portion of the money after the sell and would make an excuse like Rudy did, his wife or something else. Once they took that payment, it would no longer be a criminal matter it was a civil matter. He did that for about 7 months. He also owned the Label "Recaro" here in the US. So he hand seats and steering wheels and a lot of stuff. Just think about it. Recaro is a huge company. He had a wear-house full of stuff. He just walked away. Took everything and sold it on eBay. He had like 5 account and would sell them all over the place. He gave his wife all the money and went declared bankruptcy for the Cooperation of PAR Porsche. He just died of cancer. So God does't like ugly.

Weird. He owned the recaro patent? I've been there a couple times as my dad has bought from there.. Lol

And I'm with you about the cancer and lying. I've dealt with it before from someone close to me (was.. I should say). But, whatever his reasoning, the community pulled together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

J___

M2M Stalker
Certified
3/7/14
I must say WOW,
Despite the issues with a well-known member with whole lot of donate became somewhat-scammer-look-alike.
This community are beyond imagination with humanity and generosity.
If i was u J, when i have my hand on the watch from "United Community of Watches Enthusiasts" literally i'd shred tears badly.
Great to found this place.
Best wishes to you all!

Sent from my HTC One_E8 dual sim using Tapatalk

I was just telling Tagfan1 while seeking his advice for parts that this watch would be my keepsake forever and that is on my word and life. The most prized possession in my collection, hands down. Built from the kindness of this amazing forum. No watch will ever mean as much to me.
[MENTION=36101]mclarendude[/MENTION] thank you for your kind gesture! Fortunately, I think all the parts have been sourced by the awesome members who have decided to contribute and will be shipped to Tagfan!

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
He had the copyright if that is the right word for it. He was the exclusive dealer of Recaro USA. So if you needed a seat or any racing stuff, Paul Resnick was your man. He just passed away a month before christmas of prostate cancer. I went with him to Lime Rock a few times. My friend was his tech/mechanic. He now owns the shop that was at the location of PAR. I'll be there tomorrow putting snow tires on my 996 911 turbo. Not a fun car to drive in the snow. It is garaged but the summer tires I have on it don't respond well to temps of 40 and below.

gbxx

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/14
I was just telling Tagfan1 while seeking his advice for parts that this watch would be my keepsake forever and that is on my word and life. The most prized possession in my collection, hands down. Built from the kindness of this amazing forum. No watch will ever mean as much to me.
@mclarendude thank you for your kind gesture! Fortunately, I think all the parts have been sourced by the awesome members who have decided to contribute and will be shipped to Tagfan!

I'm never one to put strings on kind gestures.....

If you want to sell it, please do so with out any sort of guilt. After all, we're just trying to help with the financial hit you took when you got took. We have no emotional attachment to these parts...

treat it like any other horse in your stable.

surf

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/8/12
Tracking # for parts go out tomorrow. Best of luck! USPS 9405503699300237000292

J___

M2M Stalker
Certified
3/7/14
I'm never one to put strings on kind gestures.....

If you want to sell it, please do so with out any sort of guilt. After all, we're just trying to help with the financial hit you took when you got took. We have no emotional attachment to these parts...

treat it like any other horse in your stable.

I appreciate that! But there's not a chance I'd sell this. I might be overly sentimental, but this watch wasn't built by just my love of the hobby, but our collective love of this hobby as a people! Not built by a luxury brand for profits, but by the good will of humanity found in this very community.

Many thanks to all those who are involved and anyone offering support to [MENTION=46745]Esavy[/MENTION] [MENTION=96825]MaronAckay[/MENTION] and I! May they also come out of this situation on top...

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
I'm glad this thread mood has lighten. I just can't wait until J___ wakes up and see's that he is going to have a watch. It will be like Christmas again...What else do we need?
Case...Check
Movement...Check
Movement holder....Check
Band....Check
Crystal....Check
Crystal ring and bezel assembly....Check
Dial...Check
Crown...Check
We need hands and date wheel and bezel insert. Also someone who will clean and service the movement and put it all together.

If whoever builds this will send me the mid-case I'l chip in lug engraving with the new owners choice of custom serial number...

jmb

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/09
Thanks, Mike, glad to help out with a special build...

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I'm beginning to cry!!!! Do you want me to ship the case to JMB first? I will repackage the box....again.....LOL. [MENTION=85911]J___[/MENTION] let me know by 10AM. Thanks

alessandri

I'm Pretty Popular
28/10/15
Can i say one thing that might make you all smile.......?

that looks like a miniature butt in the top left of the pic ........:D

569e4c5223dc2b5a1465a39e955a2622.jpg

Only time I have laughed in this mess!
Lol

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
[quote name="occb2" post=2586896]I'm glad this thread mood has lighten. I just can't wait until J___ wakes up and see's that he is going to have a watch. It will be like Christmas again...What else do we need?<br />
Case...Check<br />
Movement...Check<br />
Movement holder....Check<br />
Band....Check<br />
Crystal....Check<br />
Crystal ring and bezel assembly....Check<br />
Dial...Check<br />
Crown...Check<br />
We need hands and date wheel and bezel insert. Also someone who will clean and service the movement and put it all together.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
If whoever builds this will send me the mid-case I'l chip in lug engraving with the new owners choice of custom serial number...

Very cool JMB. .....this watch is becoming a very special piece. Kudos again to everyone involved.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Please engrave it with, IluvB(*)(*)bs

Nice gesture jmb and all.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
tc will be shipping a V4 DWO to TF1 as soon as he's back home (aprox a week).

Weird. He owned the recaro patent?
No, he was the US agent is all, Recaro is a German company.

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
TCLV complete hand set is in the mail.
On its way to Tagfan1.

9505 5123 8549 6008 2115 76

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk