• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheating at QC pictures?

renoz

25/5/12
And what about DOA... How can a watch be inspected and arrive DOA... Don't tell that it can be during the transport when you see how well the parcel are bulletproof packed.... QC pictures for me are just stock pictures...they send you several untill you are happy, indicating that the watch +-5sec/day and then arrive DOA which a bit more than +-5sec/day delay...

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
yesh Raddave, but did Ryan turn away from op or ignore him? NO, he did not. Before even Ryan could get in touch with him, op started this thread...

I can respect your point of view on this, however the poster has every right to post his dealings with anyone, if he contacted the dealer before or after the fact is of no diffrence here.

No one here is required to contact a dealer and complain (thats up to them), no one here is required to give a dealer a chance to fix a mistake before they post here either. It really doesn't matter what the problem is, if a member wants to log on and post about his purchase, the quality or lack there of, or any part of the deal I would encourage them to do so.

Many members here recieve poor quality watches with problems, or the wrong watch, or a damaged watch. They then contact the dealer and work it out. Thats fine also, but our purpose here is to inform each other of these things. If we just accept the I'm so sorry heres a new dial, set of hands, and go get your watch fixed apology we are hurting ourselves.

When a dealer sends you a F'ed up watch and then offers a small discount on another purchase later I call that horseshit. I don't want a discount later and I don't want to have to install a new dial in my new watch at my expense, F that.

2jedi0

8/8/13
A NON Dropshipping TD WILL HAVE CONTROL over the the QC pics sent, after all, hes sending them to you. It does not matter if the pics are taken in another room where he may or may not be present. If he was not present and he trusted someone who should not have been trusted to take the pics, then shame on him.

If I own a used car dealership and you are looking for a used car and I find one you like, I have my mechanic check it out and he lazily says its good to go. I pass this info on to you. You buy the car from me, drive home and next it will not run because of the massive oil leak, which caused the crankshaft to seize. Are you going to go to the mechanic complaining? No. You are going to come back to me. My responsibility. He may have been lazy. But I trusted him.
And I am accountable for his actions.

Its going to come down to the Service Manager then the tech will get pulled in for 1 on 1 counseling

The customer would then get the car fixed for free...

I work in a parts dept...I have seen this before

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Its going to come down to the Service Manager then the tech will get pulled in for 1 on 1 counseling

The customer would then get the car fixed for free...

I work in a parts dept...I have seen this before

Right.
But whats NOT going to happen is the dealer is not going to say "its not my fault, its the service managers fault". And the service manager is not going to say "its not my fault, its my techs fault".

And you are not going to blame the service manager or the tech, are you?
Maybe you are. But ultimately, the dealer is responsible, and will burden the costs. And the reputation.

EDIT: lets put it this way...IF they would not take care of the problem and fix the car, and you felt you had to sue, who would you sue? The dealer, the service manager, or the tech.

mydnytrydr

Mythical Poster
25/9/09
When a dealer sends you a F'ed up watch and then offers a small discount on another purchase later I call that horseshit. I don't want a discount later and I don't want to have to install a new dial in my new watch at my expense, F that.

....:ninjastar:Watcheden..

alb1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/13
How many times have we seen this in the past where someone gets a screwed up watch and get the reply about discount on next order or a dial to fix a damaged one...etc...etc... I know of a few that I've read here on the forum.

I don't send the dealer broken money that doesn't work or damaged money, therefore i'm not expecting that i'll receive or have to deal with a broken or damaged watch in return or have to pay for having the repair done myself because I can't do it.

I don't care who has to sweat to get me the proper item in working order or how much they have to sweat to take a few pics to send me. I had to sweat to to earn the money i'm sending to pay for my purchase. It's called work...

I give the dealer a chance to send me proper product. If theres a problem I allow him a chance to take care of me. If they can't be bothered to do so, then I can't be bothered to spend anymore money with them and will let others know that they shouldn't be bothered either.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
alb1, I like that you use common sense, good to see that from a new member, keep it up brother. On a side note STFU, LOL, your posts are to long.:sub4me:

alb1

27/7/13
alb1, I like that you use common sense, good to see that from a new member, keep it up brother. On a side note STFU, LOL, your posts are to long.:sub4me:
Thank Yuh!
I've been in retail far too long. I bust my ass to make sure customers want to come see me and buy from me again, because that's how I earn a good reputation and it puts food in my belly/pays my bills.

Don't get me wrong, I realize buying these things is like buying your drug of choice. You don't want to know what happens to my dealer if he shorts my bag or sells me some bunk shit. :goat:

beovision

Known Member
9/11/10
Had a bad deal with a TD recently

Watches arrived

Bracelet not staying secured

Returned watches

Promised refund

They get watches all of a sudden they say no refund

alb1

27/7/13

Watches arrived

Returned watches

Promised refund

Then they probably should return your watches on their dime plus reimburse your money spent on returning them. Otherwise you need to contact a mod here and get it sorted out.

thefinger

11/2/13
Seems to me that the TD's (even the most respected) send out watches with obvious problems because a good percentage of buyers won't want to deal with the hassle of return shipping and emails back-and-forth to the TD. If the buyer decides to pursue a replacement then the TD will make it happen, because they want to remain a TD. But that is not "good service." Good service would be the TD only sending out watches that don't have big issues.

As it is right now, the TD's seem to think it's okay to send out crap watches as long as they agree to exchange the watch if they get "caught" and the seller wants to go through the hassle of return shipping.

Honestly, I'm satisfied with this current arrangement only because I hold chinese counterfeiters to a low moral standard. I have low expectations, so it's hard to dissappoint me.

nikemok55

Known Member
10/6/11
How many times have we seen this in the past where someone gets a screwed up watch and get the reply about discount on next order or a dial to fix a damaged one...etc...etc... I know of a few that I've read here on the forum.

I don't send the dealer broken money that doesn't work or damaged money, therefore i'm not expecting that i'll receive or have to deal with a broken or damaged watch in return or have to pay for having the repair done myself because I can't do it.

I don't care who has to sweat to get me the proper item in working order or how much they have to sweat to take a few pics to send me. I had to sweat to to earn the money i'm sending to pay for my purchase. It's called work...

I give the dealer a chance to send me proper product. If theres a problem I allow him a chance to take care of me. If they can't be bothered to do so, then I can't be bothered to spend anymore money with them and will let others know that they shouldn't be bothered either.

TRUTH

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06

Watches arrived

Returned watches

Promised refund

Name the dealer and explain with detail or shut up, seriously.

Seems to me that the TD's (even the most respected) send out watches with obvious problems because a good percentage of buyers won't want to deal with the hassle of return shipping and emails back-and-forth to the TD. If the buyer decides to pursue a replacement then the TD will make it happen, because they want to remain a TD. But that is not "good service." Good service would be the TD only sending out watches that don't have big issues.

As it is right now, the TD's seem to think it's okay to send out crap watches as long as they agree to exchange the watch if they get "caught" and the seller wants to go through the hassle of return shipping.

Honestly, I'm satisfied with this current arrangement only because I hold chinese counterfeiters to a low moral standard. I have low expectations, so it's hard to dissappoint me.

Very true and also very funny.:hehehe:

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
Absolutely. But I should add one subtle nuance - factories refuse to replace the watches in most cases. You buy the watch from the dealer, you send money, dealer go to the factory representative, pay him, and order the watch. Watch arrive to fac. rep.'s office, and dealer must to take it, even if there's some minor flaws. Dealer will complain - he'll never buy any watches from this factory anymore. So, after you reject QC pictures, dealer or must to refund you, or beg fac. rep. to replace the watch or the flawed part. It doesn't work every time. As I said - factories hate returns.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
:hehehe:
null_zps2b03fa50.jpg

bgreg

I'm Pretty Popular
18/11/12
Florida
wow .. ive also read this from the first post and ryan is my dealer of choice and many time he as advised me to wait for a new version that is coming out .. here is a qc pic from ryan .. i dont see him hiding any flaws here by placing the minute hand to cover up the crocked @12 markers ....He very honest up front dealer !! and not hear to cheat anyone !!

do you see anything being hidden here ?

That blue tape is hiding something.lol:)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I used my 800 magnifiaction loupe and I think the 22 date is touching each other, I want you to get another and send me pics so I can compare.

Rush2112

Renowned Member
27/4/13
Absolutely. But I should add one subtle nuance - factories refuse to replace the watches in most cases. You buy the watch from the dealer, you send money, dealer go to the factory representative, pay him, and order the watch. Watch arrive to fac. rep.'s office, and dealer must to take it, even if there's some minor flaws. Dealer will complain - he'll never buy any watches from this factory anymore. So, after you reject QC pictures, dealer or must to refund you, or beg fac. rep. to replace the watch or the flawed part. It doesn't work every time. As I said - factories hate returns.

So the dealer should take a good look at watch before taking possession?