• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cheating at QC pictures?

2jedi0

8/8/13
let me share some experience with you abt Ryan...

I brought my very first ap diver from him last year. Experience was extraordinary, sorry if i have used this word again too many times and many fellow members have already used! Just this gentleman has gone the extra mile for me as a first time buyer! He volunteered to email me more pics which i turn him down but he still email them to me...i remembered telling him, "hay bro, you just help me check the numbers" i believed those whom have the V3 diver would know how crappy were the lume applications on the numerals.

Ryan has no loupe at that time, but he is helping me checking and checking for my diver! Like i said in my earlier post, i believed is his men in gz to be held responsible for the photos...

I agree with every word

I also believe that the peeps taking the photos should get pointy end of the sword not Ryan..

I dont know how ryan has patience for me with all my questions and concerns but yet he replies to me and is happy to help :D:

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Like i said in my earlier post, i believed is his men in gz to be held responsible for the photos...

I also believe that the peeps taking the photos should get pointy end of the sword not Ryan..

:D:

Really? I dont agree with this.
Does it really matter if its him or "his guys"? They are working for him.
If they cant be trusted then they shouldnt be trusted.
Im dealing with him, not "his guys".
He is responsible for their actions.

EDIT: Im not talking about Ryan in particular, This is about all TDs

2jedi0

8/8/13
I dont think TDs have control over who takes the pics all the time...

I do believe that the TD should take the pictures

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I dont think TDs have control over who takes the pics all the time...

I do believe that the TD should take the pictures

If the TDs ( or any of their employees) actually touch the watch, to ship it (IE NON dropshippers), then they would have control over QC pics, weather or not some one else took pics. They could have taken their own pics. If they didnt, they are trusting someone they shouldnt trust.

alb1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/7/13
yes , i agreed on somethings you pointed out. But the price part, i didn't realized that. I thought the prices are most or less the same since last year?

I guess it all depends on what you're buying and whom you are buying it from. I've seen quite a few threads about people whining about increased pricing for certain popular items and parts.. While i'm new to the site here, i'm far from a noob at retail pricing structures and policies.

Yes, years ago (early 90's) I bought a crap quartz Rollie day date rep when that's all you could really get was canal street crap. The thing lasted about two weeks until I forgot to take it off while washing my hands and shorted the darn thing out. I wasn't too concerned because it was only a $20 mostly fantasy rep.

I've done a lot of watching and reading over the years since then, but never pulled the trigger until now because of the high risk of being ripped off. The only reason and only way i'm buying now is because of this site and the trusted dealers that at least have been somewhat vetted.

So far i'm two watches into this and seem to have found a good TD that doesn't play many games, the QC pics are decent and they seem to have checked the watches over enough to know that they are in working order. They are both keeping nearly perfect time with good reserve and are both $60-80 economy models. Pretty decent for a 2813 movment, if you don't care about having the perfect replica or the latest greatest perfectly sweeping minute hand.

All in all they are what they are and i'm satisfied, even though I realize that for the same money I could've bought myself a gen cheap seiko that is still twice the watch that many of these things are and are nearly flawless.

My opinion is that you TD's could and should take advantage of what you have here in this site. You have plenty of good customers here (65,000 and counting) that are willing to spend money for good reps at reasonable prices. Providing good service and after sales service can only benefit you in the long run. Sure you might have to repair a few watches or send a new one out sometimes, but that can be offset by good (increased) sales numbers for outstanding service to the members here. Good word of mouth gets around as fast or faster than bad word of mouth, Bad word of mouth is much harder to recover from and can be quite costly in the long run though.... There should be no need for any TD to be playing deceptive games and risking his earned reputation for a few dollars more. The more honest you treat your good clients the better they will feel comfortable treating you. In the end it works out as a win-win situation for all of us involved from top to bottom.

You seem like a nice guy and pretty reasonable. Someday, in a couple years when my post count is high enough maybe i'll buy from you. Maybe by then i'll be rich enough to visit the far east and be able to take you up on an offer to teach me how to live like an emporer....:hehehe:

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
I guess it all depends on what you're buying and whom you are buying it from. I've seen quite a few threads about people whining about increased pricing for certain popular items and parts.. While i'm new to the site here, i'm far from a noob at retail pricing structures and policies.

Yes, years ago (early 90's) I bought a crap quartz Rollie day date rep when that's all you could really get was canal street crap. The thing lasted about two weeks until I forgot to take it off while washing my hands and shorted the darn thing out. I wasn't too concerned because it was only a $20 mostly fantasy rep.

I've done a lot of watching and reading over the years since then, but never pulled the trigger until now because of the high risk of being ripped off. The only reason and only way i'm buying now is because of this site and the trusted dealers that at least have been somewhat vetted.

So far i'm two watches into this and seem to have found a good TD that doesn't play many games, the QC pics are decent and they seem to have checked the watches over enough to know that they are in working order. They are both keeping nearly perfect time with good reserve and are both $60-80 economy models. Pretty decent for a 2813 movment, if you don't care about having the perfect replica or the latest greatest perfectly sweeping minute hand.

All in all they are what they are and i'm satisfied, even though I realize that for the same money I could've bought myself a gen cheap seiko that is still twice the watch that many of these things are and are nearly flawless.

My opinion is that you TD's could and should take advantage of what you have here in this site. You have plenty of good customers here (65,000 and counting) that are willing to spend money for good reps at reasonable prices. Providing good service and after sales service can only benefit you in the long run. Sure you might have to repair a few watches or send a new one out sometimes, but that can be offset by good (increased) sales numbers for outstanding service to the members here. Good word of mouth gets around as fast or faster than bad word of mouth, Bad word of mouth is much harder to recover from and can be quite costly in the long run though.... There should be no need for any TD to be playing deceptive games and risking his earned reputation for a few dollars more. The more honest you treat your good clients the better they will feel comfortable treating you. In the end it works out as a win-win situation for all of us involved from top to bottom.

You seem like a nice guy and pretty reasonable. Someday, in a couple years when my post count is high enough maybe i'll buy from you. Maybe by then i'll be rich enough to visit the far east and be able to take you up on an offer to teach me how to live like an emporer....:hehehe:
thanks albi, no reason for me to be Mr tough guy here. We all here for our passion, but for me due to my work i'm in and out of zaina. And eventually finding myself getting more and more reps for my friends and made me turned into a SV! :hehehe: cool to be a SV so far, i could list out more stuff for sale and i have my very own sub forum. :cheer:

Hahaha you been reading up yeah! I would be happy to show you the Emperor way, for an unforgettable experience if you would settle the bill. :hehehe:

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
If the TDs ( or any of their employees) actually touch the watch, to ship it (IE NON dropshippers), then they would have control over QC pics, weather or not some one else took pics. They could have taken their own pics. If they didnt, they are trusting someone they shouldnt trust.
If the dealer do not touch the watch - it's a dropshipping.
Or I'm wrong?

2jedi0

8/8/13
True but is the person taking the QC located in the same "room" as the TD

vinnyjones

Horology Curious
28/8/13
...4. If we want to change this, we maybe have to make the whole system changed, like for example TD status must come with a full warranty of replacement if certain conditions are met such as doa units, etc. And if this is not being taken care in timely manner, then status will be put on probation for, 2 weeks ?

It's a good idea but I wonder if the subjectivity of the buyer-dealer experience would make it difficult to weed out the "facts"of the situation in question? Because each customer is so different in terms of what they find acceptable etc. it might be tough to make an "objective" way to evaluate how a dealer is doing.

Maybe there could be a RWI review system such as like with Amazon or ebay where poeple can rank their individual purchase experience and write any comments. That way each "mini review" is subjective and we should be able to tell from the totals what that dealer is like.

For example is Ryan gets 1200 stellar reviews and 3 stinkers, one could tell what that dealer is like. Or if another dealer had 25 good reviews and 35 people Pis#ed off, a potential buyer would know what that dealer is like. That way the good dealers will sell more watches and the poor ones less (i.e. the market sorts it out). And if dealers want to sell more they will try to make customers happy. Just a thought and I have no idea how much work that would be to implement.

phoucku

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/11/12
@TImewilltell.. Will you be dropshipping? Or are you physically going to be in GZ full-time?

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
It's a good idea but I wonder if the subjectivity of the buyer-dealer experience would make it difficult to weed out the "facts"of the situation in question? Because each customer is so different in terms of what they find acceptable etc. it might be tough to make an "objective" way to evaluate how a dealer is doing.

Maybe there could be a RWI review system such as like with Amazon or ebay where poeple can rank their individual purchase experience and write any comments. That way each "mini review" is subjective and we should be able to tell from the totals what that dealer is like.

For example is Ryan gets 1200 stellar reviews and 3 stinkers, one could tell what that dealer is like. Or if another dealer had 25 good reviews and 35 people Pis#ed off, a potential buyer would know what that dealer is like. That way the good dealers will sell more watches and the poor ones less (i.e. the market sorts it out). And if dealers want to sell more they will try to make customers happy. Just a thought and I have no idea how much work that would be to implement.
errr didn't we already have feedbacks systems embedded in our profile?

@TImewilltell.. Will you be dropshipping? Or are you physically going to be in GZ full-time?
I gotto for the time being, as my colleague is still new and i can't sleep well if i don't have my eyes on him..i'm spending more time in zaina than i'm in sg. I hope soon to be a dropshipper! :cheer:

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
True but is the person taking the QC located in the same "room" as the TD

A NON Dropshipping TD WILL HAVE CONTROL over the the QC pics sent, after all, hes sending them to you. It does not matter if the pics are taken in another room where he may or may not be present. If he was not present and he trusted someone who should not have been trusted to take the pics, then shame on him.

If I own a used car dealership and you are looking for a used car and I find one you like, I have my mechanic check it out and he lazily says its good to go. I pass this info on to you. You buy the car from me, drive home and next it will not run because of the massive oil leak, which caused the crankshaft to seize. Are you going to go to the mechanic complaining? No. You are going to come back to me. My responsibility. He may have been lazy. But I trusted him.
And I am accountable for his actions.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
A NON Dropshipping TD WILL HAVE CONTROL over the the QC pics sent, after all, hes sending them to you. It does not matter if the pics are taken in another room where he may or may not be present. If he was not present and he trusted someone who should not have been trusted to take the pics, then shame on him.

If I own a used car dealership and you are looking for a used car and I find one you like, I have my mechanic check it out and he lazily says its good to go. I pass this info on to you. You buy the car from me, drive home and next it will not run because of the massive oil leak, which caused the crankshaft to seize. Are you going to go to the mechanic complaining? No. You are going to come back to me. My responsibility. He may have been lazy. But I trusted him.
And I am accountable for his actions.
yesh Raddave, but did Ryan turn away from op or ignore him? NO, he did not. Before even Ryan could get in touch with him, op started this thread...

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
yesh Raddave, but did Ryan turn away from op or ignore him no...he did not. Before even Ryan could get in touch with him, op started this thread...

I understand that, TWT, and im not disputing Ryans credibility, as i have dealt with him and had great service. Hes a stand up guy.

What im saying is the QC pics were misleading, possibly on purpose, either by him of his staff. (or my TD and his staff, in my case )
And im not pointing fingers here because it doesnt matter if it was him or his staff, who took the pics. He is responsible for those pics weather he took them or weather his staff did, or someone else took them. He was trusting them. He was staking HIS reputation on whoever took those pics.

2jedi0

8/8/13
What if not even in the same city?

hmmmm:thinking:

Good Question

If they are in separate cities does the watch get sent to him then does it get sent out?

Does the watch QCs and specs get sent to Ryan then sent to you with the watch being then sent from the factory to you?

I think the is a circular argument...The more I think about it the harder it is to decide or take a stance. I guess you need to have faith in your TD

s3g0y

Renowned Member
15/12/10
yesh Raddave, but did Ryan turn away from op or ignore him? NO, he did not. Before even Ryan could get in touch with him, op started this thread...

As the matter of fact I started this thread AFTER both Ryan and Jordan stated that it must have been an coincidence and they woud never do such thing intentionally.
And again (this is the last time i'm writing this) THIS IS NOT ABOUT if the dealer offered me a solution - yes he did! He offered me a spare dial or a discount at the next purchase. IT IS ABOUT TALKING Bull SH*T, MAKING CHEAP TRICKS, TRUST AND RESPECT. If the dealers want us to respect them they should do the same to us.
B.sh*t and respect have nothing in common.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
hmmmm:thinking:

Good Question

If they are in separate cities does the watch get sent to him then does it get sent out?

Does the watch QCs and specs get sent to Ryan then sent to you with the watch being then sent from the factory to you?

I think the is a circular argument...The more I think about it the harder it is to decide or take a stance. I guess you need to have faith in your TD
I can't answer these questions, mate.

TimeWillTell

I'm Pretty Popular
10/3/09
As the matter of fact I started this thread AFTER both Ryan and Jordan stated that it must have been an coincidence and they woud never do such thing intentionally.
And again (this is the last time i'm writing this) THIS IS NOT ABOUT if the dealer offered me a solution - yes he did! He offered me a spare dial or a discount at the next purchase. IT IS ABOUT TALKING Bull SH*T, MAKING CHEAP TRICKS, TRUST AND RESPECT. If the dealers want us to respect them they should do the same to us.
B.sh*t and respect have nothing in common.
hay s3g0y, i remembered i stated my opinion in my initial post on this thread as it is unacceptable and the runner/photographer shld open his eyes to turn them back to factory upon finding flaw but not moving the hands to take cover the flaw in the QC photos. And certainly not passing on to the customer, this is totally unacceptable.

I would have get very upset if i were to receive the watch with that impact mark at the marker. I hope this thread has serve it's purpose as a wake up call for the TDs in the house now..

:r2d4: