• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

ObscureShape

Getting To Know The Place
8/6/24
USA
@SMP_lover any idea on if your straps will fit this new ZF clone? Apparently gen straps fit so I imagine yours wouldn’t be an issue

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I think there's a fine line to ride between pointing out flaws and deeming them unacceptable, and it's also hard to talk about flaws without it seeming like a dealbreaker. I think the coolest thing about reps is the journey from shitter to clone, and it's rare that we get to see as big a journey as we have with RM55s in the last five years. In 2019 those giant thick KVFs with terrible deco, shiny ceramic, and the entirely wrong case shape was the best you could get. Now here we are five years later with multiple levels of clone at multiple price points, all of which are so good that they can be worn daily without worrying about them exploding. It's been so cool to see the progression, and from that perspective it's easy to ignore minor flaws like colours, brushing, etc. Not that they aren't flaws or don't exist, but in the grand scheme of things the fact that we're even talking about things that small for RM reps is pretty amazing.

mattmcgarnsy

Alea iacta est
26/5/23
UK
For those who wanna see what a gen NTPT looks like:

Theirs doesn't look half bad from that BiliBili vid above

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Joe Biden Debt Ceiling GIF by GIPHY News