• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Also placed an order of the YAS via my local dealer, CNY$5400. Patiently waiting...hope he will have stock soon.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
The yas dial colour is not accurate tho
It's personal preference of each individual on what they can tolerate in a replica.

Shockingly, some of us don't buy replicas solely with the factor of how accurate the rep is to the gen.

If you get out of the mindset of "1:1 gen accuracy" then replicas become much more enjoyable, especially for RMs.

If you're in a scenario where you have the real 750k USD watch to compare or someone can tell that the color is off - there are much larger tells than the color on the replica.

fletch512

9/5/06
Sometimes i feel like this forum should be called "replica color info" , the amount of scrutiny i read on dial colors is amazing, AP Rolex you name it, pages upon pages are dedicated to dial color arguments/suggestions.
Some view replica-watch.info as exactly that, attempts to replicate gen watches (for less money), even if it means modding movements, buying gen dials/hands/date wheels, swapping crystals, etc., etc., etc.

Some view this community as homage-watch.info where it’s totally okay to have a watch that pays homage to the gen (for less money) yet no need for 99.5% accuracy.

Both make sense, though It always seems odd to me that those two mindsets bicker as much as or more than gen vs. rep communities.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I ordered a TW+ Ti Yacht-Master 226627 to keep me amused while I'm waiting for the next brushed rib version.

greenbeans

12/9/20
I think a good point is raised and a discussion is needed so members are more aligned to prevent this bickering which crops up in some form or another in every thread since joining rwi, which often doesn't add much.

I always thought the point of this forum was to share info. Including picking apart details to find differences to the gen so members are informed.

Of course everyone has their own preference as to what is acceptable but isn't that down the individual member to decide?
So I don't really get when members get ridiculed for saying things like: bridge finishing isn't right, struts are wrong, carbon pattern wrong or colour is wrong.

If you are happy with to live with it then enjoy your rep! But why shut down and ridicule a discussion? What does it add when you impose what's acceptable to you? Some of us might be unaware of those flaws and we just want to be informed to the best we can.

Isn't that the point of the forum? Or is it just a circlejerk? And we're not allowed to bring up flaws?
It's just a business for rep factories, if they could get away with a tonne of flaws and no one cared or pretended they weren't there, what's the point of making improvements