• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
So is it true that 120 hour of reserve 😱?
No one here knows yet and won't until at least 120 hours after someone actually gets one in hand. I personally doubt this very much because the gen has a 55hr reserve and I don't expect a chinese clone to more than double the reserve compared to a respected and skilled swiss factory, but hey, if they get 120hrs out of it that's pretty cool.

Mightyjoke

Getting To Know The Place
5/6/24
No one here knows yet and won't until at least 120 hours after someone actually gets one in hand. I personally doubt this very much because the gen has a 55hr reserve and I don't expect a chinese clone to more than double the reserve compared to a respected and skilled swiss factory, but hey, if they get 120hrs out of it that's pretty cool.
Can’t wait to get mine within few weeks from puretime

Reactions: GiantSquid

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Here’s mine

Opinion on the screws ?

A known non TD that sells screws sets said the screws that are interchangeable with gen won’t fit the ZF case.
ZF claims everything is interchangeable with gen.

So now it’s a bit of an information limbo.

Any timeograph numbers yet ?

Reactions: Prizon

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
What do you think of this ZF , @GiantSquid ?

Speaking of which one is better bbrv3 or zf?
My thoughts on BBR vs ZF are at https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/zf-rm55-new-super-clone-movement.10978408/post-11779665

In short, we don't know which is better, but the ZF is closer to gen in appearance. We don't know yet how "good" it is IRL and won't for a couple months until enough people have them to give us some good data. What I do know is that the BBR v3 is an awesome watch and the ZF appears to be even better.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
My thoughts on BBR vs ZF are at https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/zf-rm55-new-super-clone-movement.10978408/post-11779665

In short, we don't know which is better, but the ZF is closer to gen in appearance. We don't know yet how "good" it is IRL and won't for a couple months until enough people have them to give us some good data. What I do know is that the BBR v3 is an awesome watch and the ZF appears to be even better.
You’ve always been so helpful with RM stuff….. I swear I’ll never hunt squids for food ever again

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Opinion on the screws ?

A known non TD that sells screws sets said the screws that are interchangeable with gen won’t fit the ZF case.
ZF claims everything is interchangeable with gen.

So now it’s a bit of an information limbo.

Any timeograph numbers yet ?

I received timegrapher #’s , and I sent them to @dogwood . He said they were pretty healthy

Reactions: Th4ySoN

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I received timegrapher #’s , and I sent them to @dogwood . He said they were pretty healthy
I was mostly looking at the amplitude, which I recall was around 280 with the lift angle set to 52 degrees (a good assumption until we know better). Given the case construction and the use of those five lobed RM screws, it will be a pain in the ass to regulate these watches once they are in your possession. Not the regulation itself of course, that's trivial given the standard balance design, but getting into the watch to access the two levers will be a pain for most watchmakers unless they have tools for those pesky RM screws.

greenbeans

12/9/20
I was mostly looking at the amplitude, which I recall was around 280 with the lift angle set to 52 degrees (a good assumption until we know better). Given the case construction and the use of those five lobed RM screws, it will be a pain in the ass to regulate these watches once they are in your possession. Not the regulation itself of course, that's trivial given the standard balance design, but getting into the watch to access the two levers will be a pain for most watchmakers unless they have tools for those pesky RM screws.
Isn't there somewhere we can buy a screwdriver set for this?

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
Isn't there somewhere we can buy a screwdriver set for this?
AliExpress has a set:

C$64.68 | Free Shipping 1 Set Screwdrivers 4and5 Spokes Star Stainless Steel For Richard Mille Watch Repair Tool

I’m not sure if these will work on the ZF case, but I suspect they will.

Hector119

Do not accept unsolicited offers
24/6/24
Anyone has the link to buy this ZF RM55, new super clone movement ? I want to buy one