• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
My YAS has arrived. First impression was how light it is, my only previous RM was the 001 tourbillon. The blue colour is on the lighter side as expected, almost like Tiffany blue. I also haven't own the previous ZF 055 either so I can't compare the NTPT. It is very well built tho and lot of fun to wear it.

let us know how it goes... and i'm particularly curious about the power reserve if it's supposedly 100 hours minimum

Reactions: Mightyjoke

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
let us know how it goes... and i'm particularly curious about the power reserve if it's supposedly 100 hours minimum
That's what I am looking to find out too. I've winded like 30 rounds and it still keeps going, both barrels at front have stopped rotating, yet the rear side still rotates, I guess it is fully winded now. Seems to have the clutch mechanism to prevent over-winding, but strange to see it on a manual wind watch?

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
That's what I am looking to find out too. I've winded like 30 rounds and it still keeps going, both barrels at front have stopped rotating, yet the rear side still rotates, I guess it is fully winded now. Seems to have the clutch mechanism to prevent over-winding, but strange to see it on a manual wind watch?
The BBR v3 does something similar, the front barrels will stop rotating but the rears don't. I also think it might have an automatic mainspring because I've wound mine 120 times without finding a hard stop; it's either a clutch or an auto spring, and it's weird to have it in a manual watch either way.

Eggroll_96

Known Member
4/12/20
Florida, USA
Or you can wait for a bit for the ZF v2, maybe next year I hope?
I'm primarily referring to the bang-for-buck.

I'm debating if the ZF v1 is worth almost double than the BBR v3, especially regarding quality, reliability, serviceability, thickness, weight, etc.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
I'm primarily referring to the bang-for-buck.

I'm debating if the ZF v1 is worth almost double than the BBR v3, especially regarding quality, reliability, serviceability, thickness, weight, etc.
I thought you've already got the BBR v3, my bad. IMO if you don't have the BBR v3, go for the ZF's now, it's beautifully made and solid built; else wait for ZF v2, should be some of room for improvement in gen-like looking aspect. It kinda reminds me the old days when noob 4130 first came out, the opponent had nearly perfect case with a modified 7750 inside, whereas noob had the ground breaking 4130 clone with not so gen-like appearance. However, the only advantage of the BBR's now is probably only the price tag. Here's another quick shot:

puipui_molkah

Getting To Know The Place
MULTI ACCOUNT
15/5/21
Received mine, swapped with gen velcro strap. The actual watch is way much better than pics & vids. The thickness of ribs doesn’t bother me at all.

This is the best RM rep with realistic budget. I can’t believe this beauty is mine :)

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
This is my take and everyone else has different opinions.

If you only want 1 RM or it will be daily wear the ZF makes more sense. ZF undisputedly is the better model.

But the BBR at half cost is better for those who only want to try the RM aesthetic.

Simply, the resale value and difficulty of RM reps is bad. I often see 30-50% price cuts on a resold RM rep. These reps are niche models and not for everyone. I think the resale of the ZF RM055 will also be bad. The RM models are not that popular on M2M if the price is too high.

notyouravgwatchconsumer

Getting To Know The Place
11/10/22
Received mine, swapped with gen velcro strap. The actual watch is way much better than pics & vids. The thickness of ribs doesn’t bother me at all.

This is the best RM rep with realistic budget. I can’t believe this beauty is mine :)
Thanks for Sharing your review and picture! Man the clarity shown here is insane! amazing shot!

Reactions: puipui_molkah

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Section Moderator
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
This is my take and everyone else has different opinions.

If you only want 1 RM or it will be daily wear the ZF makes more sense. ZF undisputedly is the better model.

But the BBR at half cost is better for those who only want to try the RM aesthetic.

Simply, the resale value and difficulty of RM reps is bad. I often see 30-50% price cuts on a resold RM rep. These reps are niche models and not for everyone. I think the resale of the ZF RM055 will also be bad. The RM models are not that popular on M2M if the price is too high.
Agreed. I recently sold my EURF RM027 tourbillon which cost me $1348 from my TD for ~$800. There’s not much of a “catch and release” market for RMs.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Thanks for sharing your on wrists shots man! Do you think the crystal are a little yellowish ? or is it just lighting ?
The reason of the yellowish crystal in the picture is between you are seeing through 2 crystals, it is hardly noticeable in real life, especially with my skin underneath. If you view the crystal in horizontal level, they are very clear in their own. The AR coating is outstanding, I would say it is about 80 to 90% of my gen omega Planet Ocean level.