• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
@GiantSquid What do you think of the carbon pattern and shine compared to Gen?
I think it looks great; it is slightly different from gen but not by much, and I busted out my old ZF Yas to compare, and while I'm comparing a photo to IRL, they're very similar. It looks like the sheets are slightly more uniform than on gen, so the pattern is slightly less complex, but it's not a dealbreaker to me and I'm pretty sure it's one of those things that we notice but no one else really does. The shine IRL is much more varied with several different reflections and highlights depending on the angle of the watch, and a large part of the effect is that ever-changing reflection. As long as the rep pulls that off, which basically all NTPT has for a couple years now, it'll look great in the sun.

Now we get to wait to see if anyone reps the new carbon style they started using with the latest Nadal tourb...

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I think it looks great; it is slightly different from gen but not by much, and I busted out my old ZF Yas to compare, and while I'm comparing a photo to IRL, they're very similar. It looks like the sheets are slightly more uniform than on gen, so the pattern is slightly less complex, but it's not a dealbreaker to me and I'm pretty sure it's one of those things that we notice but no one else really does. The shine IRL is much more varied with several different reflections and highlights depending on the angle of the watch, and a large part of the effect is that ever-changing reflection. As long as the rep pulls that off, which basically all NTPT has for a couple years now, it'll look great in the sun.

Now we get to wait to see if anyone reps the new carbon style they started using with the latest Nadal tourb...
I’m hoping for that gray ceramic to come this time.

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
Received mine, swapped with gen velcro strap. The actual watch is way much better than pics & vids. The thickness of ribs doesn’t bother me at all.

This is the best RM rep with realistic budget. I can’t believe this beauty is mine :)
Pls the link of the straps 🙏

notyouravgwatchconsumer

Getting To Know The Place
11/10/22
I think yout prayers are to be answered soon. Maybe not by ZF but custom Grey Titanium cases are in the works.

Thanks for sharing !! Finally there's some work starting on the grey boutique piece !! The Gen case polishing is so amazing & reflective. Really hoping this is a ZF piece and not crazy priced CNC.

Reactions: jsanta

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Received mine, swapped with gen velcro strap. The actual watch is way much better than pics & vids. The thickness of ribs doesn’t bother me at all.

This is the best RM rep with realistic budget. I can’t believe this beauty is mine :)
May I know the screw driver size? I would like to try different straps as well.

puipui_molkah

MULTI ACCOUNT
15/5/21
May I know the screw driver size? I would like to try different straps as well.
You can just get a 4 prongs screw driver with 2.7mm (±0.5mm) driver head. You should apply plastic wrap to the screw during the procedure to avoid scratches.

puipui_molkah

MULTI ACCOUNT
15/5/21
Pls the link of the straps 🙏
I got a gen strap from my local dealer so there’s no link.. But you may try drwatchstrap.com where offers decent RM straps as far as I see their pics.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Yup and those are proper rubberized titanium just like Gen ! RM055 rep game is moving at an insane speed!
Do you have outside knowledge or is that from the pic? I'm not coming for you, I'm genuinely interested if there's a tell I can't see in the photos or if you know that from somewhere else, because if there is that's an AMAZING spot

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
Do you have outside knowledge or is that from the pic? I'm not coming for you, I'm genuinely interested if there's a tell I can't see in the photos or if you know that from somewhere else, because if there is that's an AMAZING spot
I don't have insider information, but as far as I know, the custom CNC cases have been around for a while. They feature a rubber-coated titanium mid case and case back, along with a ceramic bezel in black and white colors. However, the Gen grey RM55 which is limited to 50 pieces is a full titanium watch, which means the bezel, mid case, and case back are all titanium and not rubber-coated. Therefore, I'm a bit confused about the comments regarding the grey model being rubber-coated or grey ceramic.

Reactions: GiantSquid

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
I don't have insider information, but as far as I know, the custom CNC cases have been around for a while. They feature a rubber-coated titanium mid case and case back, along with a ceramic bezel in black and white colors. However, the Gen grey RM55 which is limited to 50 pieces is a full titanium watch, which means the bezel, mid case, and case back are all titanium and not rubber-coated. Therefore, I'm a bit confused about the comments regarding the grey model being rubber-coated or grey ceramic.
I know about the CNC black and white ones, but I didn't know that about the boutique edition! Thanks for that, I like learning new stuff. I know they've used that blasted titanium finish in one of their earlier watches (can't remember which one without my ref book, lol) and it's cool to see it return here. I wonder what the reps are made of because the pic definitely shows two different colours, could def be ceramic/rubber Ti that happens to be wrong for this particular edition.

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I know about the CNC black and white ones, but I didn't know that about the boutique edition! Thanks for that, I like learning new stuff. I know they've used that blasted titanium finish in one of their earlier watches (can't remember which one without my ref book, lol) and it's cool to see it return here. I wonder what the reps are made of because the pic definitely shows two different colours, could def be ceramic/rubber Ti that happens to be wrong for this particular edition.
For the longest time the wechat dealers kept saying that grey one isn't coming. But I was pleasantly surprised to see these pictures pop up. Hopefully ZF will follow suit and also release thier Grey Ti version after or along the Ceramic Versions.