• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Which TD did you use if you don’t mind me asking? Reason why I ask is I’ve been hearing some TD saying the quality of this watch is “average” and some it’s “very good” even though they come from same factory?

I just want to be as happy as you when you got it and the quality.
I got it from my local CN dealer for CNY$5400. Actually I've also asked him how's the quality of this new 055 like a month ago and he "thought" it isn't much of the differences from the old one. Now that I am owning one, I suspect if he ever handled it when he made that statement.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Which TD did you use if you don’t mind me asking? Reason why I ask is I’ve been hearing some TD saying the quality of this watch is “average” and some it’s “very good” even though they come from same factory?

I just want to be as happy as you when you got it and the quality.
And if you are uncertain, wait for more reviews from the forum members, people are starting to receive theirs, buyer opinions are more reliable than dealers IMO.

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
while it is always safer to use a TD. Be very weary of their over inflated, frankly scam prices. Some TD's are literally committing highway robbery to those that are uneducated. 15-20 k for a CNC build with this ZF movement is laughable. They will tell you it is "refinished" to gen spec, etc etc. All BS.

Buy smart

Reactions: sfbatman787

VBLKR

Getting To Know The Place
17/6/24
Netherlands
while it is always safer to use a TD. Be very weary of their over inflated, frankly scam prices. Some TD's are literally committing highway robbery to those that are uneducated. 15-20 k for a CNC build with this ZF movement is laughable. They will tell you it is "refinished" to gen spec, etc etc. All BS.

Buy smart
I’m glad that my TD under sells it. They say that it’s an average quality and prone to repair.

GiantSquid

Renowned Member
18/9/19
Can any experts say if this is an actual automatic movement?
Also anyone have any idea why this would be a fair bit cheaper than ZF RM055?
That's the oooold BBR movement with an autowinder slapped on. I don't know if it's an actual auto but I do know that it's the prervious movement from the v2 BBR. The escape wheel location is a dead giveaway, and that would probably be the reason it's so cheap!
That's actually really really good.

Never believed in the 100 hour nonsense.
That "120 hour" things seems to be based on a quote from a Chinese video that actually says something like "this has two large barrels, it must have a long power reserve! Perhaps 100 hours". There was no way a clone was going to have over double the PR of a Vaucher-based movement.

Mightyjoke

Getting To Know The Place
5/6/24
【#碳纤维材质ZF二代一体机理查RM005系列百万名表理查德米勒-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/ffTW4KK

Another video claim that it could reach 120 hours of reserve because it had 2 winding box

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
【#碳纤维材质ZF二代一体机理查RM005系列百万名表理查德米勒-哔哩哔哩】 https://b23.tv/ffTW4KK

Another video claim that it could reach 120 hours of reserve because it had 2 winding box
I think we need to quit it with the 120 hour power reserve crap.... and focus on the more important stuff like....... many other things.

nobigdeal2010

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
11/11/13
USA
Nope it’s the new cnc case, with newest vaucher clone movement . This is a close to 20k build
If that's true, it's insane, They are spot on. There are significant differences between that watch and the empty case that was posted a few pages back though