• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF RM55, new super clone movement

notyouravgwatchconsumer

Getting To Know The Place
11/10/22
I used a private dealer . I got it in a few days with FedEx priority

Gen strap fits perfectly! Very happy with this watch

The new style rubber strap looks amazing on it, congrats on the NWA! I am planning to get one for mine as well in white. I ordered the japan exclusives, did you fit the strap on yourself and was it difficult to do so ?

Reactions: Prizon

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
The new style rubber strap looks amazing on it, congrats on the NWA! I am planning to get one for mine as well in white. I ordered the japan exclusives, did you fit the strap on yourself and was it difficult to do so ?

yup the double vented new style strap is amazing.
Very easy to swap, just need the proper screwdriver. 5 min job

notyouravgwatchconsumer

Getting To Know The Place
11/10/22
That is great to hear for the ZF piece! Saw a couple of example of the BBR screws breaking when changing straps in. Double vented for sure is the choice of straps moving forward!

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
Which screw drivers work and where to get the double vented rubbers?
you need a gen size screwdriver 4 prong. Available on amazon

Gen Straps I purchased from gen watch dealers that sell RM

DurbanPoison

Supporter
Certified
28/3/23
rolex factory
I used a private dealer . I got it in a few days with FedEx priority

Gen strap fits perfectly! Very happy with this watch

A real beauty bro 👍🏻 is it worth getting the gen strap? I could get one for under 500 USD used but wondering if there’s enough of an upgrade to justify getting it. Also wondering how’s the fitting on the rep strap because I have pretty small wrist

Th4ySoN

FailingToGetOutOfRepsGuy
Gold Patron
Certified
8/5/20
UK
I was fearing the screws would break same as the bbrs

dabestone

Renowned Member
6/12/14
Hi guys, wondering if there’s any fog issue with Zx? Had the bbr v1 and it fogs easily.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Hi guys, wondering if there’s any fog issue with Zx? Had the bbr v1 and it fogs easily.
My RM001 fogged like hell but no problem with this, the sealing is perfect. Honestly I was very concerned as well before buying.

Prizon

👑
Patron
Certified
10/11/21
A real beauty bro 👍🏻 is it worth getting the gen strap? I could get one for under 500 USD used but wondering if there’s enough of an upgrade to justify getting it. Also wondering how’s the fitting on the rep strap because I have pretty small wrist
I had them sitting around from other RM builds.

For the zf I would just get a rep strap

centrum

27/7/14
The ZF RM005 Asia edition seems to have different hues of gold compared to the gen? Also, the rep NTPT carbon case seems to have brighter, whiter lines than the gen. Can anyone verify?

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
The ZF RM005 Asia edition seems to have different hues of gold compared to the gen? Also, the rep NTPT carbon case seems to have brighter, whiter lines than the gen. Can anyone verify?
There are many obvious tells, the main point of this new ZF is that we finally have a clone movement (and seems reliable so far). Colour accuracy and NTPT pattern can be saved for later version updates. With that said, the watch is awesome on its own, looks nice and very comfortable to wear in the summer. Chance is 99.999% of people don't know nor care what you are wearing; For those who knows, you can't fool them anyway.

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/3/06
London
@Prizon That new black rubber strap is gorgeous. Can you provide the part number?

Any stuttering to the second hand, or that has now been fully resolved with this revision of the movement.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
@Prizon That new black rubber strap is gorgeous. Can you provide the part number?

Any stuttering to the second hand, or that has now been fully resolved with this revision of the movement.

I too would like to know if stuttering has been eradicated.