• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF IWC Portuguese 3714 review, including movement break down

BadSamaritan

MULTI ACCOUNT
21/3/15
Well, learning that they've basically replicated the gen movement, I believe I'll have to get one of these to keep my SWF one company. I'm curious to examine how much they differ in thickness and general exterior appearance. Will wait a bit though to see what other colours are offered.

Thanks for dissecting and reporting your findings, @chris3007!!!

ffuhcu

14/7/16
Accepted QC on a stainless steel with rose gold numerals :)

Also got a genuine gator strap on the way from Vietnam :)

Alas there's going to be a bit more of a delay while the TD sources the other watch in my order :(

rigoletto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/8/12
Great review

I guess the thickness of movement is 1mm short from the dial side like original?

What about the hour numbers? Its look like made from blue heated steel?

benji251

8/10/16
Hi,

Concerning the movement, the fact that the movement running seconds at 6 position, isn't it a problem ?

It is my understandinf that thz A7750 @6 sec was the less reliable of the A7750 movement.

Is that "bug" now adjusted ?

Thanks for the answer :)

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Kriaz01

Known Member
Certified
16/4/16
Hi,

Concerning the movement, the fact that the movement running seconds at 6 position, isn't it a problem ?

It is my understandinf that thz A7750 @6 sec was the less reliable of the A7750 movement.

Is that "bug" now adjusted ?

Thanks for the answer :)

As the review shows, the issue of @6 seconds should be solved since the movement is made as the gen, they also did add jewels which makes the friction minimum. But keep in mind at the end it's just a Chinese 7750 which normally can have some flaws. But the sec at @6 shouldn't be a movement killer...

thermalboyz

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/14
United Kingdom
Cool @chris3007 , as always very informative review of movements especially the IWC one. Now we all know ZF is the best on almost all IWC especially add on with this new improved sec@6.

In future we all could enjoy better movement of Sec@6 as below, (As for sure if ZF decided to rep them)
3714, aquatimer series and Old Ingenieur model.

Perhaps in future can develop 89361 calibre with hour and minute counter at 12 too.

Em, need to start saving for preperation now for ZF future watch release.

benji251

8/10/16
As the review shows, the issue of @6 seconds should be solved since the movement is made as the gen, they also did add jewels which makes the friction minimum. But keep in mind at the end it's just a Chinese 7750 which normally can have some flaws. But the sec at @6 shouldn't be a movement killer...

Tanks for the answer :)
I will waot a little before actualy buy it to be sure and examine the feedback on it :)

dorsen

Known Member
28/9/15
Does anyone know if they'll be repping the IW387802 with this movement? Been holding off for about 2 years because of the sec@6 haha

D

d4m.test

Oh man, looks like I'll have to get one of these.

Thanks for the great review!

vz.fanatics

20/12/14
You just made me buy the reverse panda and the gold numbers ... thanks for the review!

rul111

Horology Curious
17/12/16
Does anyone know if they'll be repping the IW387802 with this movement? Been holding off for about 2 years because of the sec@6 haha
I have the 3878 , i use it every day and work perfect, really good watch. I dont do nothing wen i buy it, no Watchmaker maintenance