• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF IWC Portuguese 3714 review, including movement break down

MrOptional

8/10/18
awesome review! is this still the best portuguese? what are some differences vs. gen? sorry if this was discussed in other threads and I missed it.

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
The subdials are too shiny, the hands are not 3d enough. The tachy font is too bold and the hour numbers at tachy are too close to the marks. Or was it too far away from the marks? I cannot remember actual, but without a magnifier you won't see this.

Mostly nitpicking, but the shiny subdials are a really obvious tell, you can spot it meters away. So if you want to franken the watch, start with a gen dial. The gen hands do not fit to the rep movement, so you need some skills or a good watchmaker.

The new rep movement with sec@6 is working stable, so actual I see no need for a swap. Also it's not easy to source a 79350 and you have to be careful the sec@6 module is installed! There are many 79350 out there without this module!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: Rickhardth

bavarex

Omega collector/watchmaking
3/4/21
EU / CAN
It's really running stable for a modified 7750. The only thing i noticed was that the little brass spacer between the seconds wheel and the coverplate tends to move during time and blocks the seconds wheel. Lubrication on that spacer makes it work again but drops the amplitude. Didnt find any better methode to really fix it.

explorer1655

Looking Around
25/2/21
Reactions: xairate