• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

zfa

Horology Curious
13/1/22
Has anyone placed a new order for this watch recently?

I'm thinking about ordering this in the gorgeous blue dial with both the SS and rubber strap (confirmed with TD that rubber strap is ZF not 8F, and it's $168 additional to add on) and I'm curious if people are still seeing the crooked dial problem that was pretty common earlier in this thread.
Yeah, I also got one in the last couple of weeks (PPF hang tag). Dial still off - weirdly mine is skewed slightly clockwise unlike most others. I don't notice it any more and will probably try to tidy it up a little when I have reason to open the back up. GL'ed it as my date was pretty good all things considered - dates a tad 'high' which is excerbated by the reflection on the top edge of the date window. All in all I'm happy for it but have to say at the prices being asked I'm not enamoured with the quality delivered, cf some other reps. Certainly not an OMG you gotta buy this piece IMO.

Biggest problem I have is the bracelet extender keeps popping open on one side so I can't get a decent fit. Annoying enough that I'm not wearing it. If anyone has a soln (i.e. can I pop an end off and plier something tighter please let me know.

Reactions: myapplesauce

myapplesauce

Horology Curious
3/1/22
New York City
Yeah, I also got one in the last couple of weeks (PPF hang tag). Dial still off - weirdly mine is skewed slightly clockwise unlike most others. I don't notice it any more and will probably try to tidy it up a little when I have reason to open the back up. GL'ed it as my date was pretty good all things considered - dates a tad 'high' which is excerbated by the reflection on the top edge of the date window. All in all I'm happy for it but have to say at the prices being asked I'm not enamoured with the quality delivered, cf some other reps. Certainly not an OMG you gotta buy this piece IMO.

Biggest problem I have is the bracelet extender keeps popping open on one side so I can't get a decent fit. Annoying enough that I'm not wearing it. If anyone has a soln (i.e. can I pop an end off and plier something tighter please let me know.

Yeah, that's why I'm walking not running to get this rep. I'm new to the world of rep, with my first and only being the Clean V1 Daytona Panda. I wanted something a little less in-your-face for my second rep, and absolutely love the overseas. But from all the reading I've been doing on each watch, I'm worried that I'll be spoiled by the Clean Daytona quality. Especially when the prices are pretty much the same (if you include the extra strap with the ZF Overseas).

Curious if anyone has both the Clean Daytona and the ZF Overseas in-hand and has opinions.

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21
6369ee75d232f096c0236c56f0b7a038.jpg

a2a1ac2ea1ae453e650f70cbcb1f5309.jpg

After 2 days one of the pushers on the clasp fell off. While I can put it back in to release the clasp, it is super annoying… any recommendations on how to fix this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just received mine and I have the same issue! It’s popping out ! How did you manage to fix if i may ask? Thanks

Reactions: germanynrw

Olivier bond

Known Member
24/5/22
Bonjour à tous, je viens de recevoir mon QC sur ce modèle VC oversea de ZF et je remarque qu'il manque une vis sur le cadran arrière à la position 5.00.pm Avez-vous eu ce cas sur les CQ que vous avez validés ? Merci de votre aide. Je le trouve moyen pour un modèle à ce prix.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Such a beautiful watch from ZF but with so many issues….. bezel , date and now the clasp issue..
Will be following this with interest to see if all these get resolved before pulling the trigger.

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
I just received mine and I have the same issue! It’s popping out ! How did you manage to fix if i may ask? Thanks
I have this issue as well. I've had to order a replacement from Jtime. If it happens again I'm done with this watch and will just have to save up the 30 grand for gen 😆

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Is this a better option ?

I know its the 2000V but aesthetically its still same style and perhaps better quality than the newer 4500V from ZF in terms of bezel / date and clasp issues......

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
My bloody clasp pusher has come out- i think i have a fix but any tips b4 i attempt it? At least i have other strap options to go with

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
My bloody clasp pusher has come out- i think i have a fix but any tips b4 i attempt it? At least i have other strap options to go with
There is a small spring that pings out as well. Hopefully you found that. Otherwise its going to be looser than @hurk 's bottom.

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
There is a small spring that pings out as well. Hopefully you found that. Otherwise its going to be looser than @hurk 's bottom.
Bugger, didn't find a spring- was lucky someone else found the pusher! It will come out again so I'm going to fix that side in place as the clasp still works like that and just rely on the other side

Genera74

29/12/14
i love the dial but for that price it shouldn't have this much problem.

My last ZF IWC movement went dead after few days. I took it to service and costed me USD250. For this money and cant even have a peace of mind

ilsed

Horology Curious
11/8/22
Just for info. If you had the bad luck to get a model with a bad aligned bezel - just send the watch to skilled watchmaker with experience in modding. It doesn´t cost a fortune ;-)

before:

after:
Good morning, I ordered the same watch. I have the date slightly to the left. From the photos I can not see your problem, is it the same? . Were you able to move the date to the right? Thank you very much

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Good morning, I ordered the same watch. I have the date slightly to the left. From the photos I can not see your problem, is it the same? . Were you able to move the date to the right? Thank you very much
Maybe you can see the problem now ;-)

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
hi guys
as i am going for a 4500 franken project i found a nice looking dial in my favorite color. unfortunately the back of the dial is not pictured hence i am hesitate. can someone help me identify if its gen?

merci!

• Love
Reactions: JayBee0815