• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Ok fellas, theonewatches has pulled through - he just sent me QC of the rubber strap from ZF. When I asked if it was difficult, he said his supplier has a good relationship with ZF and so had to ask a few times. Took ~30 days for QC but worth it. I told him there were others here who wanted a rubber strap, so he should know that ahead of time to make sure it's what you want.

zmFkBS.jpg

zmFdUW.jpg

zmFTbP.jpg

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
I tried to get ZF rubber strap with my TD and he told me that it is out of stock now :(

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
I asked Toro about a ZF rubber strap and he said: "rubber strap not available yet, only when buy with watch"

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
Asking Hont if he has any availability of the straps, he has given me a very soft promise. We'll see how it goes

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
If anyone can get a ZF rubber strap I would love to get a black one with clasp too. I'm in EU. Thanks!

centrum

27/7/14
For those who's considering this watch:

The watch wears a bit thick and big. I was expecting a watch that has similar footprints as the Patek 5167A, 5711, and this watch turned out to occupy more wrist real estate.

I guess I'd be happier with the XF VC 2000V.

Reactions: RedBearrd

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Again my dealer confirmed that there is no ZF rubber strap and that what we see is actually 8F...

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Again my dealer confirmed that there is no ZF rubber strap and that what we see is actually 8F...
My strap in the QC is 100% ZF (well, 99.9% because it's not in hand lol). There are two primary tells:

1. Strap code ( by the case connection) is 082629 on 8F (older generation), and ZF is 082631 which is the newer generation.

zqmoH4.png

8F ^^^

zqmOgX.png

ZF ^^^

2. I didn't get a QC pic of the underside of my clasp, but from the top, the 8F has rounded edges on the clasp handles, ZF is more like a straight cylinder. Mine has a Cylinder

zqmI4c.png

8F ^^^

zqmyoi.png

ZF ^^^

Anyone have the brown version?
Yep! I love it. Not quite the same as gen though.

zLL5ci.jpg

z3TOTK.jpg

z3TY0v.jpg

Next to gen brown dial ^^^

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
My strap in the QC is 100% ZF (well, 99.9% because it's not in hand lol). There are two primary tells:

1. Strap code ( by the case connection) is 082629 on 8F (older generation), and ZF is 082631 which is the newer generation.

zqmoH4.png

8F ^^^

zqmOgX.png

ZF ^^^

2. I didn't get a QC pic of the underside of my clasp, but from the top, the 8F has rounded edges on the clasp handles, ZF is more like a straight cylinder. Mine has a Cylinder

zqmI4c.png

8F ^^^

zqmyoi.png

ZF ^^^

Yep! I love it. Not quite the same as gen though.

zLL5ci.jpg

z3TOTK.jpg

z3TY0v.jpg

Next to gen brown dial ^^^
Also, my 8F rubber strap has no VC hallmarks on the clasp. The ZF straps I've seen all have it.

centrum

27/7/14
Looks like the new release of ZF 4500V includes a ZF rubber strap. The old models that TDs sold were not ZF straps. I have a 8F strap on the ZF, and the combo works great. Would love to know which rubber strap is better.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Quick update: i asked another 4 different dealers and two claim they can source the ZF rubber strap

Reactions: germanynrw

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
This is good news - do you plan to order it? If so please keep us updated :) I would love to get the black one too.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
just a quick note to those worrying about the misaligned dial and therefore not ordering:

I have received mine today and it's really not noticeable on the wrist and also not really noticeable from every single angle other than when you look from a very straight angle. I was overthinking this issue. As mentioned previously, the date is now perfectly centered and if you would re-align the dial, the date window will be cut out on the upside. It's a regrettable issue, but still happy with the purchase.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Looks like the new release of ZF 4500V includes a ZF rubber strap. The old models that TDs sold were not ZF straps. I have a 8F strap on the ZF, and the combo works great. Would love to know which rubber strap is better.

^ yes indeed , as additional info: this is due to the first endlink that is "fixed" contributing to a longer lug to lug length. However, the endlink is curved so albeit the longer l2l, it gives a nice curve and wraps nicely around the wrist so it compensates IMO

Last edited:

DrGran

7/3/17
Ultima Thule
For those who's considering this watch:

The watch wears a bit thick and big. I was expecting a watch that has similar footprints as the Patek 5167A, 5711, and this watch turned out to occupy more wrist real estate.

I guess I'd be happier with the XF VC 2000V.

So you have the firm impression that it is too tall or thick ?