• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Anyone have the brown version?

Yep, mine arrived from Trusty the other day. I got it with the metal bracelet and paid and extra $90 for the rubber with clasp. After handling the gen at an AD just this afternoon, I can honestly say that this is practically a super-rep minus the Miyota dress up. Looks and feels the same and is now possibly my favourite watch.

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
So you have the firm impression that it is too tall or thick ?
would be interested in this as well. the 2000V feels flat but rather wide (diameter wise) on the wrist. So if the 4500V feels even bigger thats something which I at least have to consider

centrum

27/7/14
So you have the firm impression that it is too tall or thick ?

Contrast to my expectations, yes.

It could be the noisy looking bezel that amplifies the look of the size. This was a gift to my dad who likes relatively thinner, smaller watches like the Patek 5167A, 5711, 5227, 5396, and 5296.

I should've checked the VC in person before I purchased it. But the watch doesn't wear any bigger than regular sports watches.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
For me personally, the overseas ultra-thin would be a perfect watch with a non-sunburst dial that shows off the serious skills of their dial making and a date complication (that actually fills the date window). Design of case and bracelet is a bit better than even the Royal oak 15202 IMO.

That being said the Overseas 4500V does wear a tad thick for sure, crud gets stuck in the crevasses of the bezel and it’s hard as shit to clean, and the first generation bracelet is a bit thick for my taste. However it’s an amazing watch that deserves to be in any collection, even if it doesn’t get aggregate more wear time than it’s brothers from the other watchmakers. I go in phases with the 4500V where I can’t get enough, then I don’t wear it for over a month. Partially because of thickness, partially because other watches are so damn fun to wear.

Reactions: 160million

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Both the gen and rep are serious 'man's' watches. They take up some serious real estate on your wrist and the ZF rep is 1.5mm thicker than the gen which some might notice, but I've got large wrists so I don't notice the difference. It's a joy to wear and I also fly under the radar as only serious watch buffs know what it is, most say nice watch but have never heard of the brand.

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Both the gen and rep are serious 'man's' watches. They take up some serious real estate on your wrist and the ZF rep is 1.5mm thicker than the gen which some might notice, but I've got large wrists so I don't notice the difference. It's a joy to wear and I also fly under the radar as only serious watch buffs know what it is, most say nice watch but have never heard of the brand.

I think the 4500v thickness is right in line with gen, which is 11mm

Reactions: majwilliams0308

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
For those still trying to get the rubber from ZF:

I got QC for the ZF rubber strap in 3 days only from Jtime (bought seperately , so strap only without watch). The strap code (082631), clasp code (5015/1), VC hallmark on clasp & thicker clasp handle all checks out.

zfa

Horology Curious
13/1/22
For those still trying to get the rubber from ZF:

I got QC for the ZF rubber strap in 3 days only from Jtime (bought seperately , so strap only without watch). The strap code (082631), clasp code (5015/1), VC hallmark on clasp & thicker clasp handle all checks out.
What price was it?

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
What price was it?
168 USD with 5% discount

hefty price tag compared to 8F I reckon but at least it's a perfect fit and presumably better built. Also cheaper than other aftermarket options out there. (Vagenari, Ebay, Aliexpress, OEM etc.)

Reactions: zfa

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
I have noticed today another small difference compared to GEN. The way ZF has replicated the contrasting/double color of the minute marks is astonishing, but if you look closely, it misses a fine soft line that clearly differentiates the minute markers track from the rest of the dial. Pic of GEN for comparison:

A very small detail that won't bother anyone, but I thought it's still nice to share :D

• Wow
Reactions: DrGran

zfa

Horology Curious
13/1/22
One of the extension pieces on my 4500v bracelet clasp is a bit loose so pops open during the day making my watch loose.

Anyone any idea how I could tighten that up a little?

160million

🎰 Rien ne va plus
Certified
14/4/19
Vice City
Just for info. If you had the bad luck to get a model with a bad aligned bezel - just send the watch to skilled watchmaker with experience in modding. It doesn´t cost a fortune ;-)

before:

after:
can you send me your watchmaker via PM or is it the one you already told me?

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Reactions: 160million

myapplesauce

Horology Curious
3/1/22
New York City
Has anyone placed a new order for this watch recently?

I'm thinking about ordering this in the gorgeous blue dial with both the SS and rubber strap (confirmed with TD that rubber strap is ZF not 8F, and it's $168 additional to add on) and I'm curious if people are still seeing the crooked dial problem that was pretty common earlier in this thread.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Has anyone placed a new order for this watch recently?

I'm thinking about ordering this in the gorgeous blue dial with both the SS and rubber strap (confirmed with TD that rubber strap is ZF not 8F, and it's $168 additional to add on) and I'm curious if people are still seeing the crooked dial problem that was pretty common earlier in this thread.
received mine about 2 weeks and ordered this end of July. Crooked dial was still an issue and still is now afaik, but as I have posted earlier in the thread, it's not "that" noticeable. You'll learn to live with it as long it's not extremely crooked.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I think the datewheel is a bigger issue than the bezel (which can be easily fixed). Really like the watch but most dates are slightly left of centre which does annoy me.