• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

powersurge1234

Looking Around
25/4/22
Has anyone bought a ZF from Jtime yet? Just worried if there is a difference in the version that is being sold there

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Has anyone bought a ZF from Jtime yet? Just worried if there is a difference in the version that is being sold there

I would be careful with naming a certain TD in a context of "bait and switch" without actual proof..

as for "different version", just need to do some research mate, be sure to know what the common differences are between the BP, 8F and ZF versions and also learn to recognize the movement decorations in each version, clasp codes etc.. basically any small detail.

if you really do enough research, the chance you'll get another factory version than advertised is low.

Reactions: powersurge1234

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
Anyone got nice shots of the black dial? Thinking of adding another to the stable!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Is this version close enough to gen to buy?
looking for the blue dial for sure

The blue dial is spectacular but the hands and movement mean it would never pass for gen up close but from across the room it looks great.
20220721-104430.jpg

Reactions: fpi87

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Did someone manage to align the dial back in its correct place without affecting the date window?

It seems there is only one member here who succeeded but it’s still unclear to me to what degree you can tilt the dial back..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

YKL boy

Horology Curious
26/2/21
Did someone manage to align the dial back in its correct place without affecting the date window?

It seems there is only one member here who succeeded but it’s still unclear to me to what degree you can tilt the dial back..

Yeah i would also like to know. Or if some pieces dont have the misaligned dial and left sided date

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
I received mine this morning and so far, it is certainly a very gorgeous piece. Visually it looks like the previous user stated; dial rotation should be fixable by loosening the three screws that are fixing the entire movement in place. Of course only to some degree, always keeping the stem in mind but I'll update once I'm back home where the workbench is!

Oddly enough though, my piece also had PPF sticker and the plastic seal on a ribbon kind of thing attached with string to the bracelet. Wonder what is going on there?

Last edited:

Meicmo84

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/20
Asia
I received mine this morning and so far, it is certainly a very gorgeous piece. Visually it looks like the previous user stated; dial rotation should be fixable by loosening the three screws that are fixing the entire movement in place. Of course only to some degree, always keeping the stem in mind but I'll update once I'm back home where the workbench is!

Oddly enough though, my piece also had PPF sticker and the plastic seal on a ribbon kind of thing attached with string to the bracelet. Wonder what is going on there?

Had the same. My TD told me that PPF is now part of the ZF group

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
Here is the new rubber strap from ZF, it doesnt look like the 8kf, just received my QC and don't find anything wrong

Looks great - nicely centred date as well.!!

Os-92

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/18
The blue dial is spectacular but the hands and movement mean it would never pass for gen up close but from across the room it looks great.
20220721-104430.jpg

Don't know anything wrong with the hands, can you point it out

KilltheDeath

Known Member
4/10/20

Thanks for sharing your gen shots, it made me look at my gen and rep, just relieved they're both aligned (any skewing is due to the way the pieces sit in the box). This hobby teaches way too much stuff :rolleyes:

May I know how does the date change on gen? I have looked it up on YouTube, but there is not much information.
Is it instant date change on gen? How does it compare to the zf date change?

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
May I know how does the date change on gen? I have looked it up on YouTube, but there is not much information.
Is it instant date change on gen? How does it compare to the zf date change?

So the rep will start changing date from roughly 10:45pm until it reaches the 12 hour marker and the date will click to the next day. When you adjust the date using the crown's 2nd position, the clicking is very pleasant and precise. IMHO 10x better than all Rolex reps.

As for the gen. it's definitely quickset,

Hope this helps!