• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Hello together,
I have a gen dial on my watch, but it was glued, because otherwise it was not possible to use it. And the rotor was removed because it was to loud, and now I see my watch loose till 15-20 seconds per day, how I can regulate it? Did you mean itc can be because of the rotor?

Thank you very much🙏

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
When I got it, I opened it up and tried to silence the rotor. That center decorative plate came off so I threw it away.

The other day the whole rotor came off lol. Tried to glue it back but can't get it to hold while using minimal glue so that it doesn't gunk up the bearings. It's a manual wind now...

Still great watch though. My bezel/dial/date alignments are good, and my clasp and adjusters are solid with no play.

Reactions: germanynrw

germanynrw

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
5/11/22
Germany
Also manual wind, and it lost to much time..If I wind it, till night it loose about 20 seconds.
How I can fix it?

ChipsAhoy13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/22
I only had my watch for about two weeks and one of the pushers for the clasp already fell off :( It's a shame, I really love the watch, but the quality seems to be so poor with many others complaining of the same issue.

Reactions: Teamjlf

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Do 8F have the same bracelet / clasp issue ?

ChipsAhoy13

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/10/22
Oh, thanks! I'll probably get this is the other button falls off lol. I haven't heard of 8F having the same issue, though.

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Has anyone got one of these? I wondered if the clasp itself would fit the zf bracelet- can't see in the pics exactly how the end attaches
I’m pretty sure this will fit ! I have two watches inbound and will order replacements if I experience bracket issues.

jonnyboy74

Renowned Member
17/9/13
As well as sourcing straps- the annoying thing for me is if you get a strap it doesn't come with the pin to quickly detach and change- that comes as part of the buckle! It works beautifully just like the genuine but is completely pointless as you need multiple buckles to get the bloody pins!!

Reactions: johnlogan

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Hello together,
I have a gen dial on my watch, but it was glued, because otherwise it was not possible to use it. And the rotor was removed because it was to loud, and now I see my watch loose till 15-20 seconds per day, how I can regulate it? Did you mean itc can be because of the rotor?

Thank you very much🙏

The rotor should be staked together by someone with a proper staking set and it will stay put. Anything else will be a short term solution.

Reactions: germanynrw

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
As I mentioned on my earlier post, my rotor fell off too.

I tried to glue it back onto the rotor bearing, but I was imprecise with my glue application and gunked up the bearing. Also the bearing didn't seem to want to press onto the rotor. Maybe that's why it fell off in the first place. Three weeks and one $14 aliexpress Miyota 9015 bearing later, I put it all back together. I measured the bearing at ~0.1mm wider than the inside diameter of the rotor, thus it wouldn't seat correctly. I reamed the inside of the rotor with a sharp screwdriver for a while to remove some material and then it fit in fine. With the toothpick, I made sure to apply superglue further away from the bearing opening this time, along the side surfaces and not the top surface. Also don't use metal polish on the rotor. I tried to remove some smudges along the rotor lip but it started to strip the gold colored plating. Rotor spins fine now, not too loud either.