• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
So is this close to a NWBIG with the lastest ZF versions? The main issue seems to be the date wheel alignment, correct?

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
Assuming you get a good one with good alignments, it is a superb watch out of the box.
Quick change strap also works flawlessly on mine. I recommend you also order an extra ZF rubber strap if you already got the bracelet.
The ZF rubber strap quality blew me away.

Dial color is very close to the newer model gen dials which has the same stronger sunburst. It is the best blue rep dial I've ever seen.
That being said, it is still not the same as gen.
There is a ring that wraps around the minute markers that are much more pronounced on the gen dial and can't really be seen on the rep.
Number indicators at 60, 15, 30, and 45 are also more bold on the gen compared to the other numbers. Rep seems to all be the same boldness.
Also the movement seen through the open case back is not going to be anywhere near gen.
Other than those flaws, this is my favorite rep right now and the best 4500v rep out by far.

Here's a shot of it next to my gen dial.

Please note, the gen dial I have is from an older model. Therefore the ZF dial will be closer to the newer gen models(2021 and after I believe) with more pronounced sunbursts.

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
Assuming you get a good one with good alignments, it is a superb watch out of the box.
Quick change strap also works flawlessly on mine. I recommend you also order an extra ZF rubber strap if you already got the bracelet.
The ZF rubber strap quality blew me away.

Dial color is very close to the newer model gen dials which has the same stronger sunburst. It is the best blue rep dial I've ever seen.
That being said, it is still not the same as gen.
There is a ring that wraps around the minute markers that are much more pronounced on the gen dial and can't really be seen on the rep.
Number indicators at 60, 15, 30, and 45 are also more bold on the gen compared to the other numbers. Rep seems to all be the same boldness.
Also the movement seen through the open case back is not going to be anywhere near gen.
Other than those flaws, this is my favorite rep right now and the best 4500v rep out by far.

Here's a shot of it next to my gen dial.

Please note, the gen dial I have is from an older model. Therefore the ZF dial will be closer to the newer gen models(2021 and after I believe) with more pronounced sunbursts.
Does the newer dial still have that dark, inky blue/black look? I've seen pictures of some 2022 gens and the dials are very bright blue compared to their pre-2021 counterparts.

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
Yeah they do. Don't just look at photos online, they can be deceiving. I suggest you look up videos instead where you can see the dial color changing in real time from the lighting of the environment.

Here's one I found that should show you quite accurately how the newer gen dials look.

Reactions: fpi87

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
As you can see, it is pretty damn close to the ZF in terms of color and even sunburst.

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
As you can see, it is pretty damn close to the ZF in terms of color and even sunburst.
Oh wow, that DOES look much better than the pictures I've seen. Has ZF ever repped the pre-2021 dial? Or is this the only version they've ever made for the blue 4500v?

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Does the newer dial still have that dark, inky blue/black look? I've seen pictures of some 2022 gens and the dials are very bright blue compared to their pre-2021 counterparts.
The blue hue is more or less the same pre-2021 and post-2021, it's the dial finishing technique that differs. The pre-2021 version has a lacquered dial with much more matte finish and very little to no sunburst, while the post-2021 dial has heavy sunburst finish. Sunburst dials reflects much more light so this is the reason why it's deceptive sometimes that the blue hue is "lighter" , especially in pictures with staged lightning.

I prefer a matte lacquered dial as this is less common and the lacquer gives much more "depth", unfortunately ZF only produces the sunburst dial version, but I know we can't complain, it's the best 4500V we have till now

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
@fpi87 nailed it.
Btw I too, like the older lacquered dial better. Maybe 10x better.
It gives it a much more rich and sophisticated look.
Personally I don’t like too much sunburst, in any dial really.

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
I will add one thing though. The pre 2021 gen dial finish is not matte at all.
It is actually very glossy with a much more even and subtle dispersion of blue tones when compared to the newer models due to less sunburst.

Boy I cannot wait for my watch to come back with Gen dial intact. One of if not the Best blue dial in the entire watch industry currently.

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
Another question, how loud is the rotor on this watch? It's a Miyota, so I assume it won't be dead silent. But is it noticably bad?

I just put my order in with Jtime, so fingers crossed I can GL the first QC pictures he sends.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Another question, how loud is the rotor on this watch? It's a Miyota, so I assume it won't be dead silent. But is it noticably bad?

I just put my order in with Jtime, so fingers crossed I can GL the first QC pictures he sends.
I have no issues with a loud rotor with the 4500V.

In fact, I never had a particular issue with miyota rotors being loud, the spinning is more noticeable than some other automatics yes, but the 'free' spinning and very 'loudy 'rotors that it even starts to disturb people are only few cases out of the million miyota's being produced each year. Either it's me being lucky or others exaggerating.

photoman9988

Known Member
16/4/11
So I just got my QC pictures from Jtime and gave it the GL. I was wondering if there are any decent rep or even aftermarket leather straps that have the quick release for the 4500v? All I'm finding are super sketchy listings on DHgate and AliExpress.

Kongor

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/15
So I just got my QC pictures from Jtime and gave it the GL. I was wondering if there are any decent rep or even aftermarket leather straps that have the quick release for the 4500v? All I'm finding are super sketchy listings on DHgate and AliExpress.

Looks like it's available through delugs at an okay price - based on the reviews, the quick release'll work, just not as well as rep/oem.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium

Looks like it's available through delugs at an okay price - based on the reviews, the quick release'll work, just not as well as rep/oem.
I have one from them and I confirm they provide nice straps. Just bit pricey compared to the rep itself, especially the strap is unique to the overseas.

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
I have one from them and I confirm they provide nice straps. Just bit pricey compared to the rep itself, especially the strap is unique to the overseas.
Do they fit well with the ZF 4500v? The Delug straps.

Falter

Gold Patron
Certified
8/8/20
Thanks!
The case has been rebrushed to genlike spec.
Here you can see the case work done more clearly.