• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF 4500v

vcelkama

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
14/10/21
Looks nice. You mean the front of the case which brushed? (While the bezel was disassembled)

I was lucky to find a gen silver dial and it looks really nice compared to the ZF. Any luck or idea if any chance to find other gen parts? (Hands, crown,…)

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
Yes, the original brushing from ZF is not as prominent and a bit more subtle.
I've been looking for a long time for other gen parts to no luck. However I believe there are a one or two gen bracelets for sale on ebay currently.
I been eyeing it for some time.

If you're thinking of swapping it to the gen dial, I'd say do it. As good as the rep dials are, the gens are still on a different level.

zerodreamy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/6/23
Canada
I am super interested in the ZF release of the 4500V. With that said, I see that a not insignificant number of users have an issue with the datewheel misalignment. I can kind of live with that. Is there a reason no one really talks about the case's edge finishing being thinner compared to gen? Misalignments do happen even in gen, this is a reality, but the case finishing being completely different? Similar, to be sure, but far from identical if you just look at both.

The same goes for the movement but I am assuming there is little hope in getting a closer look in a clone movement? Mostly referring to the balance bridge and the fact it is too close to center relative to the movement it is emulating.

Reactions: dk2852

Falter

Patron
8/8/20
You aren't wrong. The chamfer edges of the ZF are indeed a different shape and thickness as the gen. Not quite as pronounced.
The misaligned dial and datewheel can always be fixed with a realignment but modding the chamfer edges to like gen-spect I suspect will be incredibly hard.
Hopefully one of the talented modders here would be able to give it a shot.

Nullinger

Horology Curious
12/9/19
Some time passed by since the last QC pics were posted and the last experiences were shared. Was wondering if someone ordered a ZF 4500v within the last month and if they are still so amazing. Was reading a lot about the ZF 4500v and I have the feeling that I need to get one. All of the posted watches are looking amazing!

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
I'd still be aware of the QC issues and know what to look for. They're really awesome watches. Just be prepared to reject one or two if it's not up to snuff. I'm contemplating selling mine, but it has nothing to do with the watch itself. It's awesome

Reactions: joeyc

Nullinger

Horology Curious
12/9/19
Main issues are the alignment of the date, twisted dial and twisted bezel as well as the alignment of the cross or did I miss something?

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
Main issues are the alignment of the date, twisted dial and twisted bezel as well as the alignment of the cross or did I miss something?
Pretty much. Date tends to be to much to the inside.
The twisted dial is an easy fix even for a total layman, as it requires loosening up a few scres, rotating the movement and then tightening the screws.
Rotating the bezel is doable, but i'd leave it to the dealer.
Cross alignment is not that big of an issue with this model. The 47040 and the new 222 are much worse

Reactions: joeyc

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
Pretty much. Date tends to be to much to the inside.
The twisted dial is an easy fix even for a total layman, as it requires loosening up a few scres, rotating the movement and then tightening the screws.
Rotating the bezel is doable, but i'd leave it to the dealer.
Cross alignment is not that big of an issue with this model. The 47040 and the new 222 are much worse
Thanks for posting this bro, anyone have the brown dial ?

Yondu

Horology Curious
21/1/24
What makes the ZF better than the MKS? Is the price difference worth it? I'm looking for a 4500v Silver Dial Stainless Steel Bracelet + Black Rubber and Blue Rubber

joeyc

I'm Pretty Popular
6/1/08
Nyc
so the latest ZF is almost NWBIG ?
so tempting to have a chat with TD on this....
So that’s what I’m trying to figure out- I want the brown dial which is alittle off - I think the blue maybe close to nwbig it’s a first class I’m thinking- minus the frame around the datewheel . There was someone here who has the Gen blue dial and the rep and put the rep on by mistake and couldn’t tell Álmost

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
It's not a NWBIG because it takes about 2 seconds to tell from the case back that the movement is lightyears from a Vacheron Constantin. Still a very good rep though.

Reactions: Reaps