• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Batman released

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
already answered .. its clockwise at either 2nd or 3rd crown positions... does that make it a non- eta base chs? if so and given that the only clockwise clones that allow 2-way winding of hourhand are vrf and arf, then the movement inside mine is vrf or arf, more likely vrf for i ordered vrf
So my conclusion: for i ordered vrf 116710 witj Jubilee they swapped the case or/and dial to fit and match jubilee bracelet of 126710; and then dropped the vrf into it; so what i have is a 126710 batman with a vrf movement inside.. ( will try open the case tomorrow if tools arrive)
Sorry for taking so much resource here for some silly jubilee braclete
Cheers
LoL at the batman video

I am not sure you understand what I am asking you to do. Or I am not clear with your answer. I am not talking about crown position 2 at all in this test. Use crown position 3. You can turn the crown both ways.

In crown position 3, which way do the hands move (forward or reverse) when you turn the crown clockwise?

BTW no TD I've dealt with (and that's a lot of ours) would even consider swapping a dial or movement from one watch into another. And I seriously doubt the VR3185 will fit in an A2824 CHS case without at least some modding. Can you post a close up clear pic of your hand stack?

chiccovn

4/10/19
“In crown position 3, which way do the hands move (forward or reverse) when you turn the crown clockwise?”

Answer again: at 3rd position,hands move forward (clockwise) as crown is wound clockwise (up)

Can you post a close up clear pic of your hand stack?
So here the pics, i Dont really know what the chinese factory did but its surely a correct handstack and non-eta base movement...for wildest guess, it might be a test model 126710 by vrf then i would have the very limited edition LOL...
eFhHt.jpg
eFHEF.jpg

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This one shows that the hour hand is below the gmt one
eFi5D.jpg

You hands show evidence of having been removed/replaced. So who knows what movement you have. Your GMT hand hole surround is definitely not like all the other VRF ones I've seen.

eFtBK.jpg

You didn't answer my question about the movement of hands in crown position 3.

"In crown position 3, which way do the hands move (forward or reverse) when you turn the crown clockwise?"

Something I didn't notice until after looking at my posted pic, the VRF hands are different from yours. Your lume plots are larger, and look at the borders around the lume on the hour hand. Also look at the cap on the second hand.

Last edited:

chiccovn

4/10/19
You hands show evidence of having been removed/replaced. So who knows what movement you have. Your GMT hand hole surround is definitely not like all the other VRF ones I've seen.

eFtBK.jpg

You didn't answer my question about the movement of hands in crown position 3.

"In crown position 3, which way do the hands move (forward or reverse) when you turn the crown clockwise?"

Something I didn't notice until after looking at my posted pic, the VRF hands are different from yours. Your lume plots are larger, and look at the borders around the lume on the hour hand. Also look at the cap on the second hand.

Hi i did answer that questions more than once; anyway here is the video of its third crown position just done now
Because i ordered the jubilee bracelet the chinese must have changed something to fit the bracelet (vrf does not have jubilee for that model) i dont know what they did.. but i am sure its a correct hand stack and a non-eta base movement similar to vrf.. i am going to open case in few hours

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu7XQ8wstuA

And i know the case is not vrf, nothing look like the vrf, thats not my concern, i really dont care... I am really curious what kind of new non-eta chs movement is inside that case; if it keep working like a charm like now..then i am happy...
but if the movement is old crappy chs then i will ship it back..i dont think thats the case becaue the discussion above shows it works like vrf movement

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Damn bro you got a unicorn! Maybe an advance mash up of what will come from VRF. In any event the non-ETA CHS movement is a real bonus, so you are not so screwed.

chiccovn

4/10/19
Damn bro you got a unicorn! Maybe an advance mash up of what will come from VRF. In any event the non-ETA CHS movement is a real bonus, so you are not so screwed.

Thanks bro for following this nut case of mine; i did not expect this after asking for a jubilee on a 116710 ...it is a trade off there; and i dont want to ship it back for they will send me an oyster instead.. and hell yeah this one is limited edition :) .. i enjoy this mixedup watch

Tommastie

Known Member
Certified
18/8/18
Can’t wait to see what the movement is once the case back is opened.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's the VR3185 movement alriright. They did you a solid giving you the dial to match the bracelet. I would see if they could get you a new set of VRF hands though. If you care about that. They short-changed you a tad there, IDK why.

chiccovn

4/10/19
That's the VR3185 movement alriright. They did you a solid giving you the dial to match the bracelet. I would see if they could get you a new set of VRF hands though. If you care about that. They short-changed you a tad there, IDK why.

Alrighty! case closed .. thank you.. imperfection is real beauty

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
Alrighty! case closed .. thank you.. imperfection is real beauty

Wow what a rollercoaster of emotion. You got quite the unique experience. You ordered through Li, or someone else?

Glad it turned out in your favor.

chiccovn

4/10/19
Wow what a rollercoaster of emotion. You got quite the unique experience. You ordered through Li, or someone else?

Glad it turned out in your favor.
Yeah i like the rough ride, not emotional though; always looked to the bright side and it turned out bright;
I dont think any TD would do something that exotic; i have had a trusted local shop who deal with logistic and custom corruption here, no headache.. i dont wanna deal with those hassles myself.. local shop had no idea what the chinese did anyway, he just made the order and passed it on... no QC process like pro TDs here
Cheers

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020 and Duc

srhoque

Respected Member
28/11/18
Posting some pics of my Franken Batman. Happy to help if someone has questions.

Specs:
Noob v10 case with Gen dial, hands, xtal, crown/crown tube
After-market insert (Someday I hope to get a gen, wish!!)
Movement: VR3185 with Gen date disc, autowind module, stem, ratchet wheel, barrel complete w/mainspring and winding/sliding pinion.
Movement fully serviced and watch is waterproofed.

chiccovn

4/10/19
Given the current situation I would say who cares just order it and do it the same way like you did with your batman and let's see what you get.

LoL you read my mind, i almost did it last night then decided to cancel and wait for official pepsi from vrf or others with that vr3185 movement. The chinese side said yes they could do similar for Pepsi... kinda tempting

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
LoL you read my mind, i almost did it last night then decided to cancel and wait for official pepsi from vrf or others with that vr3185 movement. The chinese side said yes they could do similar for Pepsi... kinda tempting

What insert would they use, Noob? If so, do it man but insist on VRF hands.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Posting some pics of my Franken Batman. Happy to help if someone has questions.

Specs:
Noob v10 case with Gen dial, hands, xtal, crown/crown tube
After-market insert (Someday I hope to get a gen, wish!!)
Movement: VR3185 with Gen date disc, autowind module, stem, ratchet wheel, barrel complete w/mainspring and winding/sliding pinion.
Movement fully serviced and watch is waterproofed.

That's an awesome build bro. Do you know if there were any mods needed to fit the VR3185 into the Noob case?

You could do a paint mod on the insert markers to make them silver. Digging out the white paint first is necessary on those shallow marker aftermarket ones.
It's worth doing IMO. The blue color on yours is nice.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...with-aftermarket-insert?p=7495716#post7495716

15703086604570.jpg