• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Batman released

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Hi!

It's not the case with any of my VRFs. I've had the LN and the Batman. Both of them had 116710 engraved in between the lugs.

Every VR GMT with the 3186 is engraved for the newer gmt. You must had got a ARF. If not please take your bracelet off and show pics of engraved model number. Thanks.

Reactions: bootlegboy

Neo_7

Follow the white rabbit
Certified
12/10/19
EU
Good luck, please keep us posted!!

If you want my opinion (not that it matters), go with VRF. Because of the spring mechanism used in the 3186 jumping hour module (which ARF has cloned), it is weaker than than the 3185 (which VRF uses). Also, My watchmaker was pretty impressed with the VR3185 finish and quality. This was expected given their quality on the VR3135.

Yes for sure my friend! ;-) And above all thanks for your suggestion about the movement.. very useful for me. (Happy new Year! )

bootlegboy

Renowned Member
14/6/18
Every VR GMT with the 3186 is engraved for the newer gmt. You must had got a ARF. If not please take your bracelet off and show pics of engraved model number. Thanks.

Hi. I no longer have these watches. I sold them already but these are the QC that I got before I sold them. I'm pretty sure they're VRFs. Can you confirm? They all came in the VRF box with the sleeve as well.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Hi. I no longer have these watches. I sold them already but these are the QC that I got before I sold them. I'm pretty sure they're VRFs. Can you confirm? They all came in the VRF box with the sleeve as well.

They look like the VRF. Did you take the band off?

2f37e7890cc850cf2c87288fd2adf2dc.plist
e9bf2c3af338f72d49d951992348f739.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14

Plus that would be the correct model number for your Batman but not your LN.

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
Well not really. The dial is the first 116710BLNR but the band makes it look correct. The 126710BLNR said Swiss (Rolex crown) made on the bottom of the dial.

tdnguyen

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/8/18
Anyone check bezel structure of VRF Batman? Does it like Gen structure? In some VRF Sub, remove bezel = remove Crystal in same time. Thanks

Kmmas

7/4/15
I was on a break just got back on the forum after a month.... still no gen vs rep comparison of the VRF batman vs GEN, or the VRF batman vs ARF Batman?

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I was on a break just got back on the forum after a month.... still no gen vs rep comparison of the VRF batman vs GEN, or the VRF batman vs ARF Batman?

Well, no ARF Batman yet. And VRF still has a pretty ugly speedbump... and its otherwise the same mechanics of the black LN, which has been compared to Gen. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news lol. BUT ARF is supposed to be doing some releases after CNY- so there's the silver lining :)

Reactions: Kmmas

Kmmas

7/4/15
Thanks. Everything seems to be exactly where I left it! Let’s see what the Chinese New Year brings

Well, no ARF Batman yet. And VRF still has a pretty ugly speedbump... and its otherwise the same mechanics of the black LN, which has been compared to Gen. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news lol. BUT ARF is supposed to be doing some releases after CNY- so there's the silver lining :)

Reactions: Dissemination

occb2

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
10/6/14
I got them both. The VR LN and now I have 2 VR batman. Funny thing. One has the GMT loosing time issue and the other is perfect. So it isn't a constant like I was told. The bezel is horrendous. Hope the ARF is better.

No the VRF is not anywhere close to Rolex spec. The crystal ring is the wrong size. Way too thick so when you put on a real crystal it slides right one with no tension. Then you won't be able to fit the VR bezel assembly. What I did was use a real rolex crystal ring and crystal on the VR case and then use the ARF bezel assembly and if fit fine. The ARF bezel assembly is perfect you just need to change the insert. That is the LN. The ARF Batman isn't out yet.

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
I got them both. The VR LN and now I have 2 VR batman. Funny thing. One has the GMT loosing time issue and the other is perfect. So it isn't a constant like I was told. The bezel is horrendous. Hope the ARF is better.

No the VRF is not anywhere close to Rolex spec. The crystal ring is the wrong size. Way too thick so when you put on a real crystal it slides right one with no tension. Then you won't be able to fit the VR bezel assembly. What I did was use a real rolex crystal ring and crystal on the VR case and then use the ARF bezel assembly and if fit fine. The ARF bezel assembly is perfect you just need to change the insert. That is the LN. The ARF Batman isn't out yet.

That is interesting, thanks for finding this issue. Is the only problem the crystal/bezel assembly, or is the case also non-gen spec? I ask because I'd like to put a Noob BLRO bezel assembly and possibly gen crystal on a VRF Batman, and wondering if it will work.

Kmmas

7/4/15

So from what I understand we are still far from a good batman rep still. Even though the VR3186 is a game changing movement for the gmt reps. Batman bezel still seems to be the ongoing issue

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Last edited:
Reactions: occb2

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12

Already saw your brilliant work with fishing line, man! But even that won't work if the VRF case is not gen-spec, so hoping Rob can confirm if that's part of the issue. I would assume not, since I know he swapped the bezels with the first sample VRF and ARF he got last year, but we have seen factories change specs before.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Already saw your brilliant work with fishing line, man! But even that won't work if the VRF case is not gen-spec, so hoping Rob can confirm if that's part of the issue. I would assume not, since I know he swapped the bezels with the first sample VRF and ARF he got last year, but we have seen factories change specs before.

Very true bro, in fact the ARF V3 116610 has a lowered crystal retaining ring from the V2 and a V3 bezel will not fit on a V2. IIRC Rob used a gen crystal ring on the VRF to fit the ARF GMT bezel. So I think the new Noob bezel might work with an ARF or gen retaining ring but really you'd be better off just using some other bezel with a proper groove, like even a Noob V9 and the Noob Pepsi insert if that's the direction someone was going.

I'm not going to put my Noob Pepsi insert back onto the Noob watch/bezel, I'm making something different out of it and keeping the insert for a better use somewhere down the road.

ct83

Getting To Know The Place
28/12/10
I am looking forward buying a batman.

Should I go with this new VRF or with the A2186 GMF?

thank you guys.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
I am looking forward buying a batman.

Should I go with this new VRF or with the A2186 GMF?

thank you guys.

I went with the GMF which works great for me.
There was no VRF when I got mine but I think the GMF still has the upper hand
Hoping that ARF will get the bezel insert right ..... in which case I will upgrade

stufuse

Respected Member
22/10/17
UK
The gmf ICHS is a very nice rep for the money, dial is nice, the insert (for me) is the best blnr insert around. Case finish was good too. I had the VRF last week which a friend asked me to get, that is impressive with Gen functionality I had a look at the movement too. insert I’d swap out for gmf If you could. The dial is nice but the lume application is a bit off. Hands are on par on both I think

Last edited:
Reactions: Nivka and KJ2020