• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VRF Batman released

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I didn’t want to be a dick, but when he first posted his pics I thought the bezel letters looked different— too thin, color line is at the wrong spot.

Definitely looks like they swapped watches on him when he requested jubilee— unless the agreement was to swap to GMF.

You're right the insert engravings are thinner, another indicator of GMF.

Duc

I'm Pretty Popular
26/10/11
NYC
You're right the insert engravings are thinner, another indicator of GMF.

I even compiled a comparison pic and had a reply typed out, ready to send. But I just didn’t want to rile anyone up in case I was wrong. Your details have solidified my concerns and I’m very glad it was pointed out, in case I buy this in the future.

Reactions: KJ2020

chiccovn

4/10/19
I didn’t want to be a dick, but when he first posted his pics I thought the bezel letters looked different— too thin, color line is at the wrong spot.

Definitely looks like they swapped watches on him when he requested jubilee— unless the agreement was to swap to GMF.

Thank you all for finding out for me; sorry for having posted in wrong thread then (not a vrf)... just wonder how machine will last after our violent hour hand winding! i am more interested in the movement thing!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Not even close, that doesn't say or add anything, please be specific?

Well if you compare the pictures to a gen it's pretty obvious, and several members have stated the issues. So read back, look at the pictures... You don't need me to hold your hand do you?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you all for finding out for me; sorry for having posted in wrong thread then (not a vrf)... just wonder how machine will last after our violent hour hand winding! i am more interested in the movement thing!

No worries bro, sorry it went down that way if it's not what you wanted. Regarding the A2824 CHS movement, best practice is don't use crown position 2 any more than absolutely necessary. I would definitely open the caseback and post a pic, we can tell you for sure what it is so you know how to proceed.

If you have the Frisbee GMT hand hole surround, it's a GMF. Sorry!

ht6QP.gif

chiccovn

4/10/19
The poster showing oyster bracelet with the coronet logo looks like just a promo pic, maybe a photoshop rendering and is not accurate to gen.

Wait WTF? Are you saying YOUR QC pics had a dial with no coronet logo at 6 o'clock and then the watch you got HAD the logo on it?

Damn bro if that's true you didn't get a bracelet swap you got a WATCH swap. I should have picked up on it before but I wasn't looking for it. The smoking gun is your hand stack. The TRUE clone VRF VR3185 hand stack looks very much like gen, the hands hole surrounds get bigger as you go down the stack and you can see them all.

The BP/GMF hand stack on the other hand has the Frisbee sized GMT hand hole surround, SO BIG, you can't see the hour hand hole surround beneath it. The GMF also has a larger appearing date window through the cyclops. I would open the back and post a pic of your movement. It sure looks to me now like your watch is a GMF, which comes with a Jubilee bracelet and the dial coronet at 6 o'clock. It also comes with the timebomb A2824 CHS movement which is far, far, less desirable than the VR3135. I hope I'm wrong but this doesn't look good atm.

Puretime VRF Batman

Puretime GMF Batman

VRF vs GMF ftom Puretime

esvlj.jpg

VRF vs GMF? from this thread

es7f4.jpg
No that Qc pic was from others here... my qc was the violent video 2 way hourhand winding

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
But GMF also has ICHS models. The violent hour jump action was done on the QC video, have you done it yourself? You might be “lucky” and have a ICHS one.

chiccovn

4/10/19
But GMF also has ICHS models. The violent hour jump action was done on the QC video, have you done it yourself? You might be “lucky” and have a ICHS one.

No Its not a ICHS because the hour hand is below the GMt hand; and i been winding hr hand 20 days forth and back many times today and many rounds last 2 days,... and it is stable.
My humble and hopefull guess is Because i ordered JBl for 116710 which only comes with oyster, so for easy fitting they swapped both case and bracelet and dropped the vrf movement in there... These guys knew it could be wound 2 ways hour/date wise (intentionally on that video).. thats the only way to explain the video.. anyother CHS movement before vrf mostly one-way winding right?
Correct me if i am wrong
Thank you for keeping attention on this interesting case.. i will try to open the back tomorrow..
Cheers

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No Its not a ICHS because the hour hand is below the GMt hand; and i been winding hr hand 20 days forth and back many times today and many rounds last 2 days,... and it is stable.
My humble and hopefull guess is Because i ordered JBl for 116710 which only comes with oyster, so for easy fitting they swapped both case and bracelet and dropped the vrf movement in there... These guys knew it could be wound 2 ways hour/date wise (intentionally on that video).. thats the only way to explain the video.. anyother movement before vrf mostly one-way winding right?
Correct me if i am wrong
Thank you for keeping attention on this interesting case.. i will try to open the back tomorrow..
Cheers

In crown position 3, which way do the hands move when you turn the crown clockwise?

Also, a nice clear pic of your hand stack would tell the tale. This is the GMF CHS. You can clearly see the Frisbee GMT hand hole surround, no mistaking this for a VRF,

eEavE.jpg

e7vlo.jpg

Last edited:

chiccovn

4/10/19
In crown position 3, which way do the hands move when you turn the crown clockwise?

3rd position all hands move same direction with winding
and i specifically asked back then for vrf with ability to wind 2 ways like the old video of vrf posted before mine.. so they knew what i was asking for... what a trouble from asking for a jbl bracelet :)

Last edited:

mari115

Respected Member
9/6/18
Nearer than you think

Ok have a look at the watch guys! its fine to me, i am not picky or experienced enough to tell flaws
I wind hour/date hand forward backward several rounds .. 15 days both ways... (like the video post above) and it feels sweet smooth..
I wonder if they will launch pepsi.. i will be waiting
Cheers

Mmh. Why does your supposed VRF has a crown in the lower side of the dial at 6? If it were a VRF who had its oyster bracelet changed with a jubilee it should still have the classic old dial, did VRF release a new dial version? Or were you scammed and got sent another factory piece?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

mari115

Respected Member
9/6/18
Nearer than you think

RIP, you got sent a crappy modded movement

chiccovn

4/10/19
Mmh. Why does your supposed VRF has a crown in the lower side of the dial at 6? If it were a VRF who had its oyster bracelet changed with a jubilee it should still have the classic old dial, did VRF release a new dial version? Or were you scammed and got sent another factory piece?

I already answered that query above, case and bracelet obviously is 126710 not vrf.. i just wonder how the movement survive the abuses..that is the key CHS problem

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Set your hands ahead one hour. If you turn the crown anti-clockwise to do this, you have the timebomb movement.

chiccovn

4/10/19
Set your hands ahead one hour. If you turn the crown anti-clockwise to do this, you have the timebomb movement.

already answered .. its clockwise at either 2nd or 3rd crown positions... does that make it a non- eta base chs? if so and given that the only clockwise clones that allow 2-way winding of hourhand are vrf and arf, then the movement inside mine is vrf or arf, more likely vrf for i ordered vrf
So my conclusion: for i ordered vrf 116710 witj Jubilee they swapped the case or/and dial to fit and match jubilee bracelet of 126710; and then dropped the vrf into it; so what i have is a 126710 batman with a vrf movement inside.. ( will try open the case tomorrow if tools arrive)
Sorry for taking so much resource here for some silly jubilee braclete
Cheers
LoL at the batman video

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
already answered .. its clockwise at either 2nd or 3rd crown positions... does that make it a non- eta base chs? if so and given that the only clockwise clones that allow 2-way winding of hourhand are vrf and arf, then the movement inside mine is vrf or arf, more likely vrf for i ordered vrf
So my conclusion: for i ordered vrf 116710 witj Jubilee they swapped the case or/and dial to fit and match jubilee bracelet of 126710; and then dropped the vrf into it; so what i have is a 126710 batman with a vrf movement inside.. ( will try open the case tomorrow if tools arrive)
Sorry for taking so much resource here for some silly jubilee braclete
Cheers
LoL at the batman video

Whatever you find inside there I wan't it too.

I wonder does this mean you can just swap the A2824 CHS movement with the new VR movement with no mods required.

In that I case I wan't one for my Noob CHS Batman as well.

Last edited: