• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Have to say their Serica homage looks really great
I had no idea there was a homage of this watch, thank you 👍 It looks like a pretty decent watch too, people in user review section seem to love it and compare quality to San Martin. V7F should give it a try, that would be awesome 🙂

Reactions: Eldonsimon

montanari

Getting To Know The Place
5/4/24
Ciao guys
Today I went to AD again
Here for reference

And then the lady came out with the new arrival

Definitely more sporty

They also had the micro adjustable butterfly clasp for around additional 370eur/400usd ..
The original bracelet is tight on me.
I definitely need one or two additional links

After 3-4 times I went to try the gen I think the black is my favourite and the rep aqua does not look like the gen colour in picture
So if I m able to get extra 2 links I LL buy the black

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Ciao guys
Today I went to AD again
Here for reference

And then the lady came out with the new arrival

Definitely more sporty

They also had the micro adjustable butterfly clasp for around additional 370eur/400usd ..
The original bracelet is tight on me.
I definitely need one or two additional links

After 3-4 times I went to try the gen I think the black is my favourite and the rep aqua does not look like the gen colour in picture
So if I m able to get extra 2 links I LL buy the black

I agree. The gen aqua definitely looks darker here. But then, boutique lights do that to watches. Safest bet would be black. I went with aqua because I have way too many black watches. Also, finding someone in the wild who knows what IWC is, let alone seeing them wear an Inginieur or know what one looks like, is extremely rare. Haha.

Also. Is the butterfly clasp is for the steel bracelet? I didn't know they had one with micro adjust.

Reactions: leo6929

memox

4/6/24
Germany
I agree. The gen aqua definitely looks darker here. But then, boutique lights do that to watches. Safest bet would be black. I went with aqua because I have way too many black watches. Also, finding someone in the wild who knows what IWC is, let alone seeing them wear an Inginieur or know what one looks like, is extremely rare. Haha.

Also. Is the butterfly clasp is for the steel bracelet? I didn't know they had one with micro adjust.
And then someone who can 100% remember how dark the aqua was and is then aware of reps of this and how that color is? Id say 0% haha

montanari

5/4/24
Yes clasp for the steel bracelet
..Knowing myself, aqua will bother me cause I know it s different

Reactions: Valaj

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Yes clasp for the steel bracelet
..Knowing myself, aqua will bother me cause I know it s different
Haha it might probably bother me too but I've learnt to care less about my reps. Especially knowing that it's a watch rarer than Subs and DJs where I'm at.
I'm interested in the clasp with micro adjust. I'll be going to the AD here. Let me see if they have the aqua Inginieur in stock and if they have the clasp.

StripYourEgo

19/6/24
I really really would like to see an aqua side-by-side. This watch looks more blue, but light is everything to this dial. Every photo i see online looks more blue than my dial in person, HOWEVER, every time i take a photo of my watch, IT ALSO looks more blue.

Reactions: Valaj

StripYourEgo

19/6/24
I would also think that if the light is blue, unlike natural light, it will definitely change the dial. For now all of us are speculating.
1. Different people taking different photos with different phones
2. Devices are white balanced differently
3. Devices are taking photos in different lights/types of light, ranging from natural to display
4. Different monitors with different color correction (none of which are calibrated i almost guarantee you, since a calibrated monitor is incredibly expensive and used in fringe scenarios)
and so on and so forth

The ONLY way to have an idea of how close these are is to see photos side by side in various lighting, preferably natural.
Even then, the colors on your screen will look different than the watch you are wearing due to the 5 points i stated above. However, what that will prove is how close the v7f/retail are or are not.

centrum

27/7/14
So many pretty pictures of the watches on this thread. Magnificent. I love the steel models, but I am really hoping that V7 makes the Ti one. That's my favorite :love:.

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
I really really would like to see an aqua side-by-side. This watch looks more blue, but light is everything to this dial. Every photo i see online looks more blue than my dial in person, HOWEVER, every time i take a photo of my watch, IT ALSO looks more blue.
I went to the AD yesterday to check it out in person. Unfortunately, they said IWC didn't want a spot in their new flagship store and hence, they aren't dealers anymore. Sucks because I guess I have to go to Chicago, which is the closest and like 1.5 hours way. When I get my aqua, I'll pay them a visit and see if I can get pics of both watches. Or at least see if the difference is obvious to an untrained eye like mine.

Reactions: montanari and memox

icqmtl77

Known Member
19/7/09
Life is too short to worry about such things.
Buy a rep and be happy wearing it.
Else buy a Gen and be happy wearing it.
A shot to chase the Monday blues away. This is a good example of how the dial will change color. The dial became more like black while the date dial remain aqua

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Life is too short to worry about such things.
Buy a rep and be happy wearing it.
Else buy a Gen and be happy wearing it.
A shot to chase the Monday blues away. This is a good example of how the dial will change color. The dial became more like black while the date dial remain aqua
Jesus. To my untrained eye, that looks exactly like the boutique photo a few posts above. Man Wednesday can't come soon enough!

Reactions: Therion666

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Well. Wednesday came very soon. There was an update and FedEx delivered it today instead of after two days.

The watch is beautiful. The dial is nice and dark (like in the boutique photos posted above). I thought it was lighter but nope.

The clasp is a bit finicky on my watch. Als, it has a lot of sharp edges (edge of the bracelet and case touching the wrist). I'll need to smoothen it out and also give the bracelet an oil bath.

Overall, it is a great watch for the price.

Reactions: memox

memox

4/6/24
Germany
Well. Wednesday came very soon. There was an update and FedEx delivered it today instead of after two days.

The watch is beautiful. The dial is nice and dark (like in the boutique photos posted above). I thought it was lighter but nope.

The clasp is a bit finicky on my watch. Als, it has a lot of sharp edges (edge of the bracelet and case touching the wrist). I'll need to smoothen it out and also give the bracelet an oil bath.

Have received my watch too and have to agree with all your points. Its my first rep ss bracelet watch so dont know if this is good for reps or not.

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Have received my watch too and have to agree with all your points. Its my first rep ss bracelet watch so dont know if this is good for reps or not.
It's a good watch. I'm not very happy with the feel of the bracelet. Does feel cheap. I have VSF/ZF/BP/GF reps (Sub, Omega WT, SMP300, Breitling Navitimer World, SOH etc). They all have better bracelets. I'm hoping an oil bath will help reduce the jangly feel. I'll also try and smoothen the edges.

And I wish the clasp had micro adjust. I removed two links and it's a little tight. If I only remove one link, it's a little loose. I can't seem to get the perfect fit without the micro adjust clasp.

It also wears much smaller than the dimensions suggest. It's a very comfortable watch. Wrist shots make it look big on my small wrists. Mirror shots make it look small.

Reactions: memox

StripYourEgo

19/6/24

who was your TD?

StripYourEgo

19/6/24
Thanks!
Your watch looks stunning best one i've seen in this thread color wise, mine seems to be leaning more into the aqua side.
Do we think v7f have updated the dial and we are just now witnessing it? v3?

memox

4/6/24
Germany
Thanks!
Your watch looks stunning best one i've seen in this thread color wise, mine seems to be leaning more into the aqua side.
Do we think v7f have updated the dial and we are just now witnessing it? v3?
Its probably just the different lightings

memox

4/6/24
Germany
It's a good watch. I'm not very happy with the feel of the bracelet. Does feel cheap. I have VSF/ZF/BP/GF reps (Sub, Omega WT, SMP300, Breitling Navitimer World, SOH etc). They all have better bracelets. I'm hoping an oil bath will help reduce the jangly feel. I'll also try and smoothen the edges.

And I wish the clasp had micro adjust. I removed two links and it's a little tight. If I only remove one link, it's a little loose. I can't seem to get the perfect fit without the micro adjust clasp.

It also wears much smaller than the dimensions suggest. It's a very comfortable watch. Wrist shots make it look big on my small wrists. Mirror shots make it look small.

Keep us updated bout ur works on the bracelet! Ill maybe ask my local watchmaker if he can do something like that for my watch too.