• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

pippo

Respected Member
10/1/10
Another for the day
Of all the 3 colors, I still love the Aqua better... There is the element of surprise when you look at it different angle giving different shades of green.

Do you own all of them (3 colors)?

icqmtl77

Known Member
19/7/09
Do you own all of them (3 colors)?
Ya... Was forced to...
Got the 1st Aqua from Andiot but was a messy affair, sent it into ICU for restoration.
While waiting, cannot control the urge and went ahead to buy the other 2.
Both white and black are beautiful as well but it was love at first sight for the Aqua.

• Haha
Reactions: thenut and pippo

jamesliegortze

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/7/24
it wears smaller than prx...shape of the lugs and integrated bracelet is better

As another member before me has already said - it wears much smaller. My wrist is 7.25" and I found the PRX impossible to wear. The Ingenieur is very slim, lighter, the shape of the case is much more ergonomic and it doesn't have male links coming from the case like the PRX. I also had the 58 some time ago and the wearing experience is very comparable. I prefer the Ingenieur though, I think it's perfect in every way.

Thank you so much for your replies! I might just go ahead and get it now. One more final decision is black or aqua xD

Reactions: Therion666

thenut

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
I was Always picky when it comes to watches with steel bracelet because i thought there is No comfy one without Micro adjust clasp.
The Ingenieur changed my Rules. One of the best wearing watches i have ever Had on my wrist (best one is imho the Aquanaut on Rubber)

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Thank you so much for your replies! I might just go ahead and get it now. One more final decision is black or aqua xD
My personal opinion is that you can never go wrong with a black dial watch. It goes with everything and the contrast between the dial, indices and hands is the best. This watch has wonderful AR coating and it makes the dial pop.

I love it how the dial changes as you turn your wrist, but it's difficult to capture what you actually see in photos:

Polished edges on the bezel and on sides of mid links sparkle as you turn your wrist.

And of course there's the lume...need I say more...? 🤗

Last edited:

shomfo_8005

Getting To Know The Place
12/7/24
My personal opinion is that you can never go wrong with a black dial watch. It goes with everything and the contrast between the dial, indices and hands is the best. This watch has wonderful AR coating and it makes the dial pop.

I love it how the dial changes as you turn your wrist, but it's difficult to capture what you actually see in photos:

Polished edges on the bezel and on sides of mid links sparkle as you turn your wrist.

And of course there's the lume...need I say more...? 🤗

Wow beautiful, thanks for those pictures, you definitely sold me on this one, and now I just placed the order for black dial from one of TD listed in here ;)

On a side note, excuse me for being such a noob (which I am), on the older post I read someone managed to change the strap, but I am still curious how to remove the bracelet, been searching youtube to no avail (mostly just sizing/removing the link instead of the whole band), probably wrong keyword? If someone could describe how to or point me out the link to the video it would be extremely helpful, thanks and have a good one

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Wow beautiful, thanks for those pictures, you definitely sold me on this one, and now I just placed the order for black dial from one of TD listed in here ;)

On a side note, excuse me for being such a noob (which I am), on the older post I read someone managed to change the strap, but I am still curious how to remove the bracelet, been searching youtube to no avail (mostly just sizing/removing the link instead of the whole band), probably wrong keyword? If someone could describe how to or point me out the link to the video it would be extremely helpful, thanks and have a good one
You made a great choice, you won't be disappointed 👍🙂

Pay attention to the marker at 3 o'clock, datewheel alignment and alignment of screws on the bezel in your QC photos!

On the bracelet removal issue - unfortunately I can't be of any help, I was blessed with 2 left hands at birth and I avoid such activities the best I can. I have a rep friendly watchsmith who does these things for a very small fee.

I don't understand why there are no decent rubber straps for this watch, I'd pay good money for a quality FKM rubber strap. It would look great on rubber!

Hell, I love this watch so much, I'd buy a gen rubber strap, if there was one available 🙂

Last edited:

shomfo_8005

12/7/24
You made a great choice, you won't be disappointed 👍🙂
Pay attention to the marker at 3 o'clock, datewheel alignment and alignment of screws on the bezel.
On the bracelet removal issue - unfortunately I can't be of any help, I was blessed with 2 left hands at birth and I avoid such activities the best I can. I have a rep friendly watchsmith who does these things for a very small fee.

I don't understand why there are no decent rubber straps for this watch, I'd pay good money for a quality FKM rubber strap. It would look great on rubber! Hell, I love this watch so much, I'd buy a gen rubber strap if there was one available 🙂
Thank you very much for your kind words of advice, I'll be sure to take notes on those points. I just checked my email and saw TD just updated my order status into on process (without me even asking, props to him for this) and I shall continue wait until the pictures start to come, this would be my very first rep and hopefully lucky enough in getting one of the good batch.

Exactly my thought also on the rubber strap, I plan to make this my daily wear however work requires me to regularly travel to places where I might easily scratch/damage the steel bracelet and I'd very much like to preserve the steel bracelet only for during occasions at home, hence I think this calls for me having to be able to change the strap by myself every now and then. And completely agree with you that this baby would also look very gorgeous on rubber 😁

shomfo_8005

12/7/24
The bracelet is attached with spring bars

Thank you good sir, so I can just use a regular spring bar remover tool then, I've only had experience with removing the straps for seikos (either with or without the drilled lugs), should this be any different?

Reactions: Parto

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Finally caved in and ordered the aqua blue dial watch. I have way too many black and white dial watches. The black looks stunning in the pics posted above but yes.

Quick question. I saw that IWC sends you three tools to remove the links. How do you remove links on your reps? Do the spring bar pushers work? I thought it might need a tool with a particular diameter or something.

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Toothpicks work wonders
Perfect. I have tools that look similar to what IWC sends out with their watches. But the diameter of the whole looks bigger and wondered if that will be an issue. I'll use toothpicks to push the spring bar out.

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
Thank you @pippo and @Kup1712 . I'll be using a toothpic. I just realized I can probably break the toothpick in half and smoothen the broken edge to use it as a pushing tool. The metal tools I have are definitely sharp and will scratch. I thought I'd use some tape on the edge but it won't stick or will be too thick. Can't wait to get my watch hopefully sometime this coming week.

Reactions: pippo