• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

jamesliegortze

Do not accept unsolicited offers
9/7/24
Hello everyone, first post on RWI!

Would like to ask if any small wristers bought the Ingenieur? I'm measuring in at about 6.5inch and have tried the 40mm Tissot PRX before and felt that it was too big for my wrist. My worry is that the Ingenieur will be too big and it becomes a wasted purchase.

For reference, I've worn the BB58 and it fits nicely on the wrist.

Appreciate if anyone could help, thank you!

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21

Would like to ask if any small wristers bought the Ingenieur? I'm measuring in at about 6.5inch and have tried the 40mm Tissot PRX before and felt that it was too big for my wrist. My worry is that the Ingenieur will be too big and it becomes a wasted purchase.

it wears smaller than prx...shape of the lugs and integrated bracelet is better

BigDatta55

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
@AndyDav55 Both stunning, especially the Breitling, I love it! What kind of an idiot hates such a watch is beyond me..Thank you for sharing! Now you got me thinking about Navitimers, thanks for that too...😬🤣
Sorry for a noob question-what size and reference is the Navi? I once tried a gen and it looked like a dinner plate on my wrist, yours looks perfect!
I dont know what witchcraft you hit me with but im actually gonna keep the IWC ingy over the mark xx.
After feeling both of them, the ingenieur is just far superior in terms of build quality and feel even though they are both v7f.

The clasp and bracelet is smoother and better finished. The case is better finished. The movement/crown feel better in the ingy than the mark.

Man, it was an obvious choice

btrizzy1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/09
USA
Well I finally got my extra links and of course they are with polished center links instead of the correct ones for my V7F Ingenieur. And for some reason V7F made the polished and brushed links differently where as the polished links come with a slightly larger diameter spring bar. Ugh, it's easier to lose weight and slim up my wrist than getting some freaking links

• Haha
Reactions: Valaj

pippo

Respected Member
10/1/10
Well I finally got my extra links and of course they are with polished center links instead of the correct ones for my V7F Ingenieur. And for some reason V7F made the polished and brushed links differently where as the polished links come with a slightly larger diameter spring bar. Ugh, it's easier to lose weight and slim up my wrist than getting some freaking links
Interesting. May I ask the precise diameter of the pins if you own a caliber?
You can easily create your own pins assuming the smaller diameter pins get steadily secured in the all brushed links mechanism.

pippo

Respected Member
10/1/10
Interesting. May I ask the precise diameter of the pins if you own a caliber?
You can easily create your own pins assuming the smaller diameter pins get steadily secured in the polished links mechanism.
I meant polished, not brushed

supatime

Getting To Know The Place
9/6/24
The TI is gen, I assume
Man, that's gorgeous! I'm surprised to see it's only slightly more expensive than the steel version on chrono24
I'm awaiting QC on mine, and will report back once it arrives in a few weeks.
the upper right corner of the C, where the corner (?) ends and turns into the vertical part
Not sure if I see this, in all my forum crawling, I don't think anyone's mentioned this before. Might try to do a side-by-side but couldn't easily find very zoomed-in pictures of gen and rep in the time I had today.
Hilarious! Good luck on your weight loss journey. If I have any extra links, I'll let you know. So many people have said that it doesn't come with enough.
Another for the day
Of all the 3 colors, I still love the Aqua better... There is the element of surprise when you look at it different angle giving different shades of green.
Hear that! It's what drew me to the Ingnieur in the first place. Can't wait to get mine in hand.

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13

As another member before me has already said - it wears much smaller. My wrist is 7.25" and I found the PRX impossible to wear. The Ingenieur is very slim, lighter, the shape of the case is much more ergonomic and it doesn't have male links coming from the case like the PRX. I also had the 58 some time ago and the wearing experience is very comparable. I prefer the Ingenieur though, I think it's perfect in every way.

Reactions: pack11

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Just for you!

Thank you ;) I was always impressed by tool watches and loved the idea of a utilitarian/ rugged/ preferably titanium watch. But as I purchased a couple of them over the years ( Sinn UX, Marathon Navigator, Tudor Pelagos, Omega Seamaster NTTD, Ti Citizen pilots ), I discovered that I enjoy looking at pictures of them more than I actually enjoy wearing them. I like a tiny speck of bling here and there, polished edges, yada yada...Ti tool watches were too dark for my taste and I didn't like the weight. But I do understand why people like them, I'm just not one of them. I'm very happy that you have bought the watch you like and wish you wear it in good health for years 👍 It's just that the titanium model of the Ingenieur is missing all the tiny details that I love about the steel version. So I'll skip on it if they ever release it.

Last edited:
Reactions: JohnnyDangerous