• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
Thank you @pippo and @Kup1712 . I'll be using a toothpic. I just realized I can probably break the toothpick in half and smoothen the broken edge to use it as a pushing tool. The metal tools I have are definitely sharp and will scratch. I thought I'd use some tape on the edge but it won't stick or will be too thick. Can't wait to get my watch hopefully sometime this coming week.

I use toothpicks on my gen, and my IWC boutique recommended and use toothpicks also!

You don't need to break them in half, just use the pointed end... Standard toothpicks are too fat to fit all the way into the bracelet side hole (unless your toothpicks are very thin) and will only be able to push the pin out like 1/4 - 3/8 of the way out, when you will pull it out the rest of the way. Don't worry about smoothing it or breaking it... wood cannot scratch the watch!

Reactions: Valaj and pippo

Valaj

15/3/23
Illinois
I use toothpicks on my gen, and my IWC boutique recommended and use toothpicks also!

You don't need to break them in half, just use the pointed end... Standard toothpicks are too fat to fit all the way into the bracelet side hole (unless your toothpicks are very thin) and will only be able to push the pin out like 1/4 - 3/8 of the way out, when you will pull it out the rest of the way. Don't worry about smoothing it or breaking it... wood cannot scratch the watch!
Thank you for the insight. I'll be doing that then. In the pics I saw, it looked like the pusher on the removable links was big. I just realized it looked that way because it was zoomed in. Can't wait to get my watch!

adaptive

Getting To Know The Place
12/6/16
Has anyone been able to replace the clasp? I got mine but I cant seem to remove the old clasp to put in the new one... also recieved two bars with the new one that seems to thick to put through the holes?

FredOT89

Supporter
Certified
8/1/24
EU
Has anyone been able to replace the clasp? I got mine but I cant seem to remove the old clasp to put in the new one... also recieved two bars with the new one that seems to thick to put through the holes?
Maybe share some pictures?

adaptive

12/6/16
hDvWFE.jpeg

hDviAn.jpeg

hDvm83.jpeg

So my issue is that I dont understand where the bars I recieved with the clasp should go, since their too thick to go into the hole. And how do I get the other clasp off? Tried pressing the bar in the red marked circle but it seems to be secured in there somehow

Verve

Do not accept unsolicited offers
2/4/21
The MOP dial looks really awesome!

Blue MOP is on order for an uncle.

This is such a comfortable watch to wear. My gens and reps have not been worn for over a month since this went on wrist. Easily a daily this one. Bracelet finishing is spot on, with half link for perfect fit.

btrizzy1

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/09
USA
Blue MOP is on order for an uncle.

This is such a comfortable watch to wear. My gens and reps have not been worn for over a month since this went on wrist. Easily a daily this one. Bracelet finishing is spot on, with half link for perfect fit.
Do you have a V7F to compare?

Verve

2/4/21
Do you have a V7F to compare?

No and no intention to purchase the rep at present. Rep factories tend to make versions for continuous sales by slow fixes to issues that seem to be intentionally left in each version.

There are high res videos of IXDAO with macro shots on YouTube for comparison.

Just recently IWC went only after IXDAO for design copy (there are other Chinese brands selling same design) and IXDAO can't publish the pictures of the watch on its stores. That decision by IWC to single out IXDAO may be due to quality of finishing produced.

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
No and no intention to purchase the rep at present. Rep factories tend to make versions for continuous sales by slow fixes to issues that seem to be intentionally left in each version.

There are high res videos of IXDAO with macro shots on YouTube for comparison.

Just recently IWC went only after IXDAO for design copy (there are other Chinese brands selling same design) and IXDAO can't publish the pictures of the watch on its stores. That decision by IWC to single out IXDAO may be due to quality of finishing produced.
You are right about that but it's kind of disingenuous to say that about V7F Ingeniuer.

The first batch came with the "error" on the dial, which wasn't even an error because they just repped the renders that were avaliable and not the real watch.

Within 1 month the first batch they had fixed that immediately.
Within the 2nd batch they had fixed the asymmetrical "swiss made" printing.

So V7 needs it's credit for fixing such minor issues almost immediately after the first batch unlike other factories.

While I mildly agree with the whole "rep factories release more versions to make money", making a replica perfectly from first attempt has never happened before. Ever. Look at Clean's Panda 116500, VSF submariner with it's numerous stealth updates, the most well known pieces now had to go through several iterations to be this good.

Even the legendary "TC 5 digit sub" went through 7 versions before it was finally perfected.

Verve

2/4/21
You are right about that but it's kind of disingenuous to say that about V7F Ingeniuer.

The first batch came with the "error" on the dial, which wasn't even an error because they just repped the renders that were avaliable and not the real watch.

Within 1 month the first batch they had fixed that immediately.
Within the 2nd batch they had fixed the asymmetrical "swiss made" printing.

So V7 needs it's credit for fixing such minor issues almost immediately after the first batch unlike other factories.

While I mildly agree with the whole "rep factories release more versions to make money", making a replica perfectly from first attempt has never happened before. Ever. Look at Clean's Panda 116500, VSF submariner with it's numerous stealth updates, the most well known pieces now had to go through several iterations to be this good.

Even the legendary "TC 5 digit sub" went through 7 versions before it was finally perfected.

I agree with you. I meant generally so first 2 years of releases of a new rep I tend to avoid. Decision to get IXDAO was that it had detailed video reviews and it has been out for a while. Reps don't usually get such reviews, maybe a few at most.

Perhaps due to age I'm also shifting towards high quality design replicas instead of outright replicas so that bias is playing out. And there are signs that Chinese brands are moving towards that model.

Need to find a custom watch source ..

Reaps

Learning something new everyday....
25/9/22
I agree with you. I meant generally so first 2 years of releases of a new rep I tend to avoid. Decision to get IXDAO was that it had detailed video reviews and it has been out for a while. Reps don't usually get such reviews, maybe a few at most.

Perhaps due to age I'm also shifting towards high quality design replicas instead of outright replicas so that bias is playing out. And there are signs that Chinese brands are moving towards that model.

I get it. Reps always have problems. Chinese homages while I won't say their QC is defect free, the simple ability to just take them to any watch maker to fix is very nice. And I find the quality is very similar now, there is a homage-replica link somewhere where they share similar suppliers.

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona

Have to say their Serica homage looks really great

Therion666

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
26/12/13
Just received qc pic from TD and went with @Therion666 advice on which items to check, things are looking great from my eyes and GL'ed the watch, thanks for tips, now I just can't wait for it to be delivered 😁

You got a great unit, congrats 👍 You made a great choice, you won't be disappointed! And now the waiting game begins...😉 Let us know how you like it when you receive it!