• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

someeone

Shoes&Watches
Supporter
23/11/15
I've just received (and approved) my QC now as well. Won't post them all now but will post thoughts when it arrives
Damn, I've asled Hont and he said he doesn't have them before CNY :rolleyes:

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
@Parto that QC pic looks delicious, thanks for sharing. I know you haven't received it yet, but thoughts on thickness? I tried the gen on and it was reasonably thin.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
@Parto that QC pic looks delicious, thanks for sharing. I know you haven't received it yet, but thoughts on thickness? I tried the gen on and it was reasonably thin.
I'd be surprised if it was too far out from gen. The mark xx uses the same movement as the Ingenieur in gen and both have soft iron cages as well. Given V7F got the mark xx to be the same thickness as gen with something imitating the cage using the a2892 movement (same as this rep) I'll venture it's within a mm but will measure once received. The Ingenieur is fractionally thinner than the mark xx but it's <1mm from memory

Reactions: Lobster2010

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21
How are the bezel screws compared to gen? Gen is round and v7f is hexagonal?

Lobster2010

Supporter
Certified
4/9/10
I'd be surprised if it was too far out from gen. The mark xx uses the same movement as the Ingenieur in gen and both have soft iron cages as well. Given V7F got the mark xx to be the same thickness as gen with something imitating the cage using the a2892 movement (same as this rep) I'll venture it's within a mm but will measure once received. The Ingenieur is fractionally thinner than the mark xx but it's <1mm from memory
Cheers mate! Deffo looking forward to wrist shots and initial views when she arrives

plt40mm

Getting To Know The Place
30/12/23
europe
I've just received (and approved) my QC now as well. Won't post them all now but will post thoughts when it arrives

that one finally looks much better than all pictures posted before. really looking forward to a side by side comparison with the gen.

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
If this turns out to be as good as the Mark XVIII and Mark XX from V7F, I'm in.

Can't decide on the white or green though. Both look great in the YT videos.

Reactions: merowinger

theactualwitcher

Do not accept unsolicited offers
15/8/23
They really have no excuse to mess up the screws, the bezel screws on the IXDAO version were already perfect, now I am not sure if I want to get this

I also have the same watch, I'm just not sure if the rep is worth switching to tbh. What do you think?

Repmax27

Known Member
Certified
23/5/22
EU
Here is an early comparison between V7F and gen. I used the first QC picture and it was hard to find a gen picture within the same lightning conditions.

From the first view, the dial looks spot on! Someone mentioned, the 3 hour marker is different. I can’t confirm, looks gen like.

The hour markers having an engraved style on gen. I can’t see any difference on the V7F. From the pictures it’s gen like.

The hands do look superb compared. Only the loom of the minute hand looks slightly thicker in gen.

Screws … that’s the point. On gen the screws are slightly more rounded and a bit „smoother“ compared to gen. But position is spot on.

„Swiss made“ looks perfect.

Date wheel has correct position. The font is nearly identical. Nothing you should worry about.

It’s just an early comparison of the dial and overall look. IMO this rep has a chance to go NWBIG.

Cheers!

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
very impressive, let's see some real life pics when our brother gets it.