• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

Marlo

Do not accept unsolicited offers
18/7/23
USA
I've been working with Li at Jtime thinking about getting the aqua dial and he says he's able to get extra links for $20 a piece. That feels very overpriced. Do we think V7F is going to fix the bracelet to be longer soon?

Senor Moustashe

Getting To Know The Place
18/12/21
Does anyone know which colour is closet to gen? I’m keen to get the Aqua because WOW…it looks incredible, but surely it will be the hardest to get right? Anyone done a comparison yet?

Repmax27

Known Member
Certified
23/5/22
EU
Does anyone know which colour is closet to gen? I’m keen to get the Aqua because WOW…it looks incredible, but surely it will be the hardest to get right? Anyone done a comparison yet?
We „compared“ here before… just read thought this thread.

kami2112

Watchlover and Collector from Germany
30/7/12
Germany
You can go for the aqua..it will blow your mind when you put it on your wrist as it is 1000 times better than in pictures and I was really impressed as I didn’t expect it to be so nice and genlike… and honestly: the dial flaws are only visible under a microscope but in real life it’s almost not visible .. one of the best watches within the last years.. now I am waiting for the titanium version …

neon1

Known Member
20/3/16
Get my black dial one today. One extra link for free from hont (wrist is 19cm). Love the watch, looks and feels awesome. Only issue is that the edges of the wrist are little bit sharp.

Kn9DZL.jpeg

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
White dial arrived today.
Haven’t taken the plastics off yet but the dial is amazing! The way the light reacts to different lighting and angles is nice. :)
The finishing on the bezel and case is very good and the crystal has AR coating

Don’t need to hesitate anymore, get the watch

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
I was sceptical, but the V2 Dial really improved that Watch even more. Mine will arrive this week. Hard to stay Patience.

Fabian.

Known Member
Certified
9/4/19
How long did you wait for your QC? Still waiting for 10 days now.

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
I am seriously thinking about getting the V7 Ingenieur as my first rep.

If I'm not wrong the rep is also available with a Sellita SW300 movement. However, it seems that no one in the thread has chosen the Sellita. Why is this the case? Is the upgrade to the Sellita just not worth it, because the A2892 is good enough?

I would actually prefer a Sellita for a better long term reliability. However I am also afraid to get a bad quality movement (e.g. factory reject), when I order the Sellita version. Therefore I currently tend to get the A2892 version and replace the movement with a Sellita in case the A2892 fails. Is this a reasonable approach?

Does anyone know, if the Sellita SW300 is a 1:1 replacement for the A2892? Would the color matched date wheel of the A2892 fit directly into a Sellita SW300?

Last question: Does anyone know details about the AR coating on the crystals of the V7 Ingenieur? If I'm not wrong, the gen has AR coating on the inside and the outside of the crystal Is it the same on the rep?

Thanks and best regards!

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
It's not worth the surcharge. The A2892 is a good movement. If it fails you can easily replace it by either a Seagull ST1812, an ETA2892-A2 or a SW300.

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
It's not worth the surcharge. The A2892 is a good movement. If it fails you can easily replace it by either a Seagull ST1812, an ETA2892-A2 or a SW300.

Thank you! So does it mean that the date wheel of the A2892 directly fits into a ST1812, ETA2892-A2 or SW300?