• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

WobuffetRep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
17/1/24
I don’t think he purposely buys rejected watches but he does try to offload them to others. He gave me a qc on a vc4500v that had no plastic wrapping on it. The amps was 170 on the time grapher and there was a missing gear on the movement. He wasn’t happy when I RL so I switched td
Im starting to suspect that he purposely buys rejected watches for a cheaper price and offloads them to people that doesnt know any better. I RL’d a watch 4 times because of obvious problems and he said ”I refund and then block you when you get the money”. I never have such RL problems with other tds.

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Im starting to suspect that he purposely buys rejected watches for a cheaper price and offloads them to people that doesnt know any better. I RL’d a watch 4 times because of obvious problems and he said ”I refund and then block you when you get the money”. I never have such RL problems with other tds.
wow hont said that? "I refund and then block you when you get the money"?

I rejected twice because of a missing marker from the dial, there is no confirmation as to whether he is proceeding with my refund. This is the 3rd day he has ignored me.

WobuffetRep

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
17/1/24
wow hont said that? "I refund and then block you when you get the money"?

I rejected twice because of a missing marker from the dial, there is no confirmation as to whether he is proceeding with my refund. This is the 3rd day he has ignored me.
Yes he said that. He went on a rampage sending 10 msgs saying that he don’t deal with people like me even tho I have been a returning customer for a long time. Your refund will take atleast 1-3 weeks and he wont answer you so don’t even bother writing to him.

LinkseD

Known Member
Certified
8/3/23
Germany
That’s a typical Hont thing from what I’ve heard. That’s why I never went with him till now.

My QC seemed fine, I already GL and the watch is on its way to me 👌

Last edited:

higginsd

I'm Pretty Popular
31/10/12
I'm so happy with this release. I was one step before buying a used gen Ingenieur. It's not my favorite IWC, but I wanted one to wear from time to time. Now saved a lot of money.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/7/16
I’d never go with hont. He is indeed selling RL watches for normal price. I don’t even think they’re rejected ones from other customers, I agree with others that he intentionally buys these RL’d ones.

Go with another TD if you want to avoid that, and also be able to reject watches (hont will just refund and block).

Last edited:

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
I’d never go with hont. He is indeed selling RL watches for normal price. I don’t even think they’re rejected ones from other customers, I agree with others that he intentionally buys these RL’d ones.

Go with another TD if you want to avoid that, and also be able to reject watches (hont will just refund and block).
how long did it take you to receive the refund?

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21
Any news about titanium version. One TD is advertising V7F black model as titanium...now I am bit confused.

Reactions: Jarken

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
I bought mine from ToroBravo, not sure if he's a TD here, but I've been buying from him for many (maybe 10) years.
The watch arrived and I unfortunately missed the QC images where there was a crooked marker at 3:00 and the outer dial ring (swiss made) was not aligned with the last 's' in swiss under the 6:00
I had already taken the wrappers off so my options were only to return it for a replaced dial or get a dial sent to me to fix myself.
I sent it back for a dial replacement, so let's see how it goes... he received it on the 24th March.
ToroBravo just came back with a photo of the dial he replaced... This happened within five days of receiving it back from me. I say it's super great service, as I've always had with him. I highly recommend ToroBravo for any watches you might want... His website sucks a bit, and isn't updated often, but he can get everything and his prices are really good comparatively!

GenTLe

Known Member
18/6/14
of course refund lol, I can't believe he tried to talk me into taking a watch with a missing marker...

Also proves that this TD made zero effort to do his QC before going through the trouble of taking pics/videos and sending them to his customers
Actually I left Torobravo for the very same reason. Not a bit of effort of scrutiny the watches before proposing them :/

blazer53

Do not accept unsolicited offers
5/9/23
ToroBravo just came back with a photo of the dial he replaced... This happened within five days of receiving it back from me. I say it's super great service, as I've always had with him. I highly recommend ToroBravo for any watches you might want... His website sucks a bit, and isn't updated often, but he can get everything and his prices are really good comparatively!

I think the date window is a bit rotated?

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21
I think the date window is a bit rotated?
I inspected many qc with new dial (white, aqua and black. The date window is indeed rotated clockwise for 0.1-0.2 mm. Nothing to worry about on the wrist.

As already know in rep world...one step forward two steps back (still better than previous dial version imo).