• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

Kup1712

Renowned Member
Certified
20/1/21
That's a V1. But don't worry, the dial difference is so small that you can hardly see it. I received my V1 yesterday and can barely read the IWC logo when the watch is on my arm.
As already reported by many, the bracelet fits very tightly on a 17.5 cm wrist. I have now ordered a half-link from Ixdao (Aliexpress)... I have a good feeling that it will fit.

You can buy only half links? I saw just bundle watch + gift half link

pack11

Getting To Know The Place
Certified
28/3/24
I don't think that the IXDAO links are compatible. IXDAO is using screw links, while IWC (and I think the rep manufacturers) use these push pin links.

Reactions: JohnnyDangerous

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I don't think that the IXDAO links are compatible. IXDAO is using screw links, while IWC (and I think the rep manufacturers) use these push pin links.
i understand that these are different fixings (push pins cs srew pins), but it may still fit. it's worth a try

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
i understand that these are different fixings (push pins cs srew pins), but it may still fit. it's worth a try

Yes, I just wanted to point out, that the fixings are different. I hope it fits with the rep bracelent. Would be a good option, if rep links are not available seperately.

Reactions: merowinger

pack11

Certified
28/3/24
Does anyone know details about the AR coating on the crystals of the V7 Ingenieur? If I'm not wrong, the gen has AR coating on the inside and the outside of the crystal Is it the same on the rep?

Guiltycat

Renowned Member
Supporter
Patron
Certified
31/8/22
not sure if I have bad luck or these v7 just have really bad QCs

1st QC have a slanted marker at 3, I rejected.

2nd QC with updated dial didn't even have a 3 marker
Wonder what issue the 3rd one will have :ROFLMAO:
But it’s strange to see these issues, V7F usually have good qcs

Reactions: Jarken

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
not sure if I have bad luck or these v7 just have really bad QCs

1st QC have a slanted marker at 3, I rejected.

2nd QC with updated dial didn't even have a 3 marker
you should go for the V2 anyway.
I assume they also fixed the slanted markers with the V2

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Wonder what issue the 3rd one will have :ROFLMAO:
But it’s strange to see these issues, V7F usually have good qcs
my TD is pissed at me for rejecting 2 horrible QCs in a row, he asked me to accept the 2nd one without the marker at 3 or he'll just refund me....

• Wow
Reactions: kiasunkiasi

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
my TD is pissed at me for rejecting 2 horrible QCs in a row, he asked me to accept the 2nd one without the marker at 3 or he'll just refund me....
and that is why I don't deal with Hont anymore... those 2 rejections are well within your rights, the 1st QC that marker is drunk, that second one is just a huge defect

Reactions: Jarken

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
and that is why I don't deal with Hont anymore... those 2 rejections are well within your rights, the 1st QC that marker is drunk, that second one is just a huge defect
you said it...

I have been on this site for so long and I have always approved the first one sent to me, but lately I seem to have a string of bad luck with QCs

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
At least the 3 o clock looks the same.

And, what did you choose now? Refund or a Watch with missing Marker? :devilish:

Funny enough, it is the first QC i received at all after all that time.
Lets see, if the next one is also horrible, and if so, if i also have to try another TD for that Watch.

flyingdoc

21/9/22
If you are talking about Hont, I also requested a refund which he agreed on. Payed via wire transfer and he wants to PayPal the money back to me. Says it will take some time, let's see how long "some time" is and if it works out. Never had that issue with a TD before, but think everything will be fine.

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
At least the 3 o clock looks the same.

And, what did you choose now? Refund or a Watch with missing Marker? :devilish:

Funny enough, it is the first QC i received at all after all that time.
Lets see, if the next one is also horrible, and if so, if i also have to try another TD for that Watch.
of course refund lol, I can't believe he tried to talk me into taking a watch with a missing marker...

Also proves that this TD made zero effort to do his QC before going through the trouble of taking pics/videos and sending them to his customers

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
If you are talking about Hont, I also requested a refund which he agreed on. Payed via wire transfer and he wants to PayPal the money back to me. Says it will take some time, let's see how long "some time" is and if it works out. Never had that issue with a TD before, but think everything will be fine.
yes, it is him. This is only my second time dealing with him, safe to say this is my last time.

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
I bought mine from ToroBravo, not sure if he's a TD here, but I've been buying from him for many (maybe 10) years.
The watch arrived and I unfortunately missed the QC images where there was a crooked marker at 3:00 and the outer dial ring (swiss made) was not aligned with the last 's' in swiss under the 6:00
I had already taken the wrappers off so my options were only to return it for a replaced dial or get a dial sent to me to fix myself.
I sent it back for a dial replacement, so let's see how it goes... he received it on the 24th March.