• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
It's a closed back anyway.

I'd rather have a reliable, smooth and silent movement like the A2892 inside than a decorated Miyata 9015 that sounds like a fidget spinner.
My thoughts exactly. Who the hell is going to see the case off except your watch smith when servicing

Reactions: Eldonsimon

Minome

Supporter
Certified
19/3/23
United Kingdom
I kinda agree yeah
It's a closed back anyway.

I'd rather have a reliable, smooth and silent movement like the A2892 inside than a decorated Miyata 9015 that sounds like a fidget spinner.
Although i dont see it i prefer to be as gen like as possible, like clone movement.

Maybe V2 will have the dial fixed and a clone movement. Doesnt hurt to wishefull thinking.

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
I kinda agree yeah

Although i dont see it i prefer to be as gen like as possible, like clone movement.

Maybe V2 will have the dial fixed and a clone movement. Doesnt hurt to wishefull thinking.
Clone movement will never come for this. It takes millions to invest in a clone movement. No financial sense to clone a movement for a watch brand that (no offense to IWC) doesn't even crack top 20 in sales.

Anyways. A clone movement for such a simple 3 hander is a waste of resources for reps.

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
I kinda agree yeah

I fail to see what the issue with the dial is too?

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
check the dial between IWC and Schaffhausen on the REP and the GEN
Ok, I see it. That's a pretty minor flaw. Not sure I'm that bothered by it. Maybe it's possible to swap for a gen dial if any become available later down the line. Or SW or BUFF might make one on request.

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/7/16
Is there a difference: YES
can you see it immediately, in real life? NO
Has the picture been enlarged? YES
Does this make the watch look less valuable? NO
Does anybody give a F ? NO

You can see it irl because you know what to look for / where it is. I'm not into wearing reps to deceive others, idgaf if someone else can see the pattern, igaf that I can. Anyways I'm gonna buy one and enjoy it as it not that bad, and then sell it at discount when v2 comes out.

I owned omega nttd as well with the mismatched hand lume colors, had to sell it, couldn't deal with it. Sold it to someone it doesn't bother. That's the great thing about rwi is you can sell the watch in 24 hours if it's fairly priced and get a new one that doesn't bother you.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pippo and Kup1712

Reaps

There is no such thing as a 1:1 Replica!
25/9/22
To all our line-drawing nitpickers and perfectionists, good luck seeing the flaws on your wrist from a distance of 50 cm....
if you don't see it, just enjoy the watch as it is........fabulous and beautiful <3
I think Rolex has really spoiled the shit out of the rep community, and people forget that no factory has ever gotten a v1 release correct. Not even ARF or Clean or VS...

purplehaze89

Known Member
18/9/21
You can see it irl because you know what to look for / where it is. I'm not into wearing reps to deceive others, idgaf if someone else can see the pattern, igaf that I can. Anyways I'm gonna buy one and enjoy it as it not that bad, and then sell it at discount when v2 comes out.

I owned omega nttd as well with the mismatched hand lume colors, had to sell it, couldn't deal with it. Sold it to someone it doesn't bother. That's the great thing about rwi is you can sell the watch in 24 hours if it's fairly priced and get a new one that doesn't bother you.
All of this is 100% true. Also true after having owned both the NTTD and the Ingenieur is that the mismatching lume on the NTTD is far more constantly visible and annoying (the hands are of course always there and always moving) than the incorect 0.1mm line indentations on the IWC (small and static and barely visible on wrist).