• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

Geonor

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/5/22
Norway
If someone pointed it out you'd need a loupe to see, let's be frank.
You don't go around like this?

KA3fni.jpeg

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
The white dial looks nice, but imo has also the greatest differences to the Gen. However, I have to say that I have only ever seen the petrol dial on as Gen in real life. The white dial has a very strong silver accent. On the numerous YT videos, this accent doesn't come out like this on the Gen. Nevertheless, the white or rather silver dial is of course very beautiful and also harmonises perfectly with the case.
Black and petrol are imo very good and Gen-like.
This gentleman is more than correct.

I've got all 3 color version reps with me now - aqua is mine, and black/white was ordered for my colleagues in the office.(yeah, im telling everyone who ask thats its reps, if its reps, no issues. Some people around started to ask to order them "stuff")

I was watching this thread for a while, and after seeing the everyone's excitement, I eager to go back to AD and check all versions again, after having experience with reps.(I saw all gens in hand before I got the rep)

Funny fact - I call hotline to ask the operator to check in which branch I can check the all colors - she told me the branch name and mentioned that its a huge stock of all colors available in the shop. Then when I came and ask to see all colors, poor sales guy was trying to deny that they have a lot :ROFLMAO: I said that I've spoke to operator and she confirms the availability of all colors, then he gave up:)

So yes, most people excitement here is reasonable - Aqua/Black are actually almost indistinguishable, and my aqua rep is having all the same shades/angles/color changes as gen does.

White - don't know if it's forbidden to say such things - but it's actually BETTER than gen. Gen is just boring white IRL, with little, almost invisible silver shade(most angles - "buzzkill white"), rep is more silverish, and dial better plays with different light conditions.

And even more forbidden thing to say - bracelet on the rep is 20-30% better than gen. I was very surprised that gen bracelets are blade-sharp and rough from the bottom and bracelet makes ugly cheapish sound when you shaking the watch. Rep bracelet is also sharp but at least smooth and not making any sound like gen. I know sound other issues can be easily fixed, but not for 11,700$, thanks.

So yes, all hail the IWC king - V7.

Karbon74

Pika Factory
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kalos Region
I can picture the debate in the IWC design team.

"It's called Ingénieur.
The white dial MUST be boring"

"What do you mean, Comfort??? 🤔"
"It's called Ingénieur. We need to make it as straight and sharp as humanly bearable"

Meanwhile in V7,
"you think this thing will sell to laowai? let's make it shinier 😍"

Last edited:

rockdaytona

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
This gentleman is more than correct.

I've got all 3 color version reps with me now - aqua is mine, and black/white was ordered for my colleagues in the office.(yeah, im telling everyone who ask thats its reps, if its reps, no issues. Some people around started to ask to order them "stuff")

I was watching this thread for a while, and after seeing the everyone's excitement, I eager to go back to AD and check all versions again, after having experience with reps.(I saw all gens in hand before I got the rep)

Funny fact - I call hotline to ask the operator to check in which branch I can check the all colors - she told me the branch name and mentioned that its a huge stock of all colors available in the shop. Then when I came and ask to see all colors, poor sales guy was trying to deny that they have a lot :ROFLMAO: I said that I've spoke to operator and she confirms the availability of all colors, then he gave up:)

So yes, most people excitement here is reasonable - Aqua/Black are actually almost indistinguishable, and my aqua rep is having all the same shades/angles/color changes as gen does.

White - don't know if it's forbidden to say such things - but it's actually BETTER than gen. Gen is just boring white IRL, with little, almost invisible silver shade(most angles - "buzzkill white"), rep is more silverish, and dial better plays with different light conditions.

And even more forbidden thing to say - bracelet on the rep is 20-30% better than gen. I was very surprised that gen bracelets are blade-sharp and rough from the bottom and bracelet makes ugly cheapish sound when you shaking the watch. Rep bracelet is also sharp but at least smooth and not making any sound like gen. I know sound other issues can be easily fixed, but not for 11,700$, thanks.

So yes, all hail the IWC king - V7.
Which one is your favorite on the wrist??

Reactions: merowinger

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
10000% AQUA, the way it plays and changes is unbelievable.
Thank you! It's settled!
I bought the Ixdao a while back to get a feel for it, and I do love the feel of it...

So, I was just on the phone with my AD, and have been close to putting a 50% deposit on the titanium... I'm having second thoughts and will go with the Aqua rep first, and then see how great the titanium version rep is...
Frankly, the gen is super overpriced and I'd be pretty angry about paying that much for something I might not love as much as I think I do

Reactions: Karbon74

vanzhulik

Known Member
5/8/20
Thank you! It's settled!
I bought the Ixdao a while back to get a feel for it, and I do love the feel of it...

So, I was just on the phone with my AD, and have been close to putting a 50% deposit on the titanium... I'm having second thoughts and will go with the Aqua rep first, and then see how great the titanium version rep is...
Frankly, the gen is super overpriced and I'd be pretty angry about paying that much for something I might not love as much as I think I do
I was also thinking to buy gen aqua, but after all recent findings won't even consider anymore.

And by the way, be careful with going gen guys - IWC start dropping retail prices for this watches, at least in Singapore (700 SGD(~ 520 USD) reduction for steel models in mid-Jan 2024)

Honestly, it's a shame to re-release the iconic genta model, being beautifully redesigned and improved, but with such low quality.

Reactions: Karbon74

Tomasz

Getting To Know The Place
23/1/24
Beautyful rep! May I ask all you guys who bought the rep what the price is on this piece?

JohnnyDangerous

Known Member
29/3/19
I was also thinking to buy gen aqua, but after all recent findings won't even consider anymore.

And by the way, be careful with going gen guys - IWC start dropping retail prices for this watches, at least in Singapore (700 SGD(~ 520 USD) reduction for steel models in mid-Jan 2024)

Honestly, it's a shame to re-release the iconic genta model, being beautifully redesigned and improved, but with such low quality.
Looks like they started off super high, as S'Pore is still $1500 more than Australia with their price drop :-O

Reactions: vanzhulik

pippo

Respected Member
10/1/10

Hi there!
Not sure I follow here.

May I ask what do you refer to when you say "low quality" and "latest findings" related to gen Ingy?

Thanks!

bhehe6813

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
13/7/16
Friendly advice - if you have 7.5+ inch wrist like me, make sure to request at least to extra links from your TD, otherwise you can’t wear it.
The rep is coming with default 9+9 links as gen does - but unfortunately this is not enough.

KhNTS2.jpeg
[/url]
I’ll keep in mind if I’m a Sasquatch to buy extra links. I’d love to see you wear a sea dweller, probably looks like a 36mm on that tree trunk.