• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V7 will release Ingenieur!

Marbe78

29/9/20
Spain
This gentleman is more than correct.

I've got all 3 color version reps with me now - aqua is mine, and black/white was ordered for my colleagues in the office.(yeah, im telling everyone who ask thats its reps, if its reps, no issues. Some people around started to ask to order them "stuff")

I was watching this thread for a while, and after seeing the everyone's excitement, I eager to go back to AD and check all versions again, after having experience with reps.(I saw all gens in hand before I got the rep)

Funny fact - I call hotline to ask the operator to check in which branch I can check the all colors - she told me the branch name and mentioned that its a huge stock of all colors available in the shop. Then when I came and ask to see all colors, poor sales guy was trying to deny that they have a lot :ROFLMAO: I said that I've spoke to operator and she confirms the availability of all colors, then he gave up:)

So yes, most people excitement here is reasonable - Aqua/Black are actually almost indistinguishable, and my aqua rep is having all the same shades/angles/color changes as gen does.

White - don't know if it's forbidden to say such things - but it's actually BETTER than gen. Gen is just boring white IRL, with little, almost invisible silver shade(most angles - "buzzkill white"), rep is more silverish, and dial better plays with different light conditions.

And even more forbidden thing to say - bracelet on the rep is 20-30% better than gen. I was very surprised that gen bracelets are blade-sharp and rough from the bottom and bracelet makes ugly cheapish sound when you shaking the watch. Rep bracelet is also sharp but at least smooth and not making any sound like gen. I know sound other issues can be easily fixed, but not for 11,700$, thanks.

So yes, all hail the IWC king - V7.
Regarding the feeling of the watch on the hand compared to gen?
And the weight? The V7 feels premium in feel and heavy just like gen?

Thank you very much for your comments

neon1

Known Member
20/3/16
Ordered V7 black dial yesterday at hont. Asked him for 2 extra links because of 19cm wrist. Hope he will get it…

Reactions: merowinger

susu

Do not accept unsolicited offers
1/5/20
V7 did a really good job on their first run. Its funny to see that they recreated the promo, but I am going to wait for a v2 for that dial fix. Its very promising and that aqua looks soo good!

Reactions: drvintage

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
Just out of curiosity: how does a factory receive feedback on the changes the need to do for V2? Are they reading here? Or the TDs? Or did someone actively messaged their TD on that?

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
Just out of curiosity: how does a factory receive feedback on the changes the need to do for V2? Are they reading here? Or the TDs? Or did someone actively messaged their TD on that?
There are tons of forums and wechat groups for the Chinese audience. All these Chinese dealers doing reviews on v.youku.com and www.bilibili.com can pinpoint exactly where the flaws are in these videos, what needs to be modded/ upgraded etc

To be honest, I would be surprised if the factories don't know where the flaws are even before starting to produce these reps, they probably do as a strategy to leave room for more business for v2, v3, v4...

Reactions: Jarken and Valaj

damocles

Renowned Member
Certified
21/12/15
I am more interested in learning how much it truly costs to produce one high-end replica watch.

What is their margin for this business etc

Last edited:

christo14

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/2/16
It wouldn’t be the first time a factory has done that….
I wonder if the gen makers do this on purpose... release initial pics then make minor alterations for the official release so the reps can be spotted by gen dealers?

Reactions: Jarken and Temple

Temple

Watches, Weights & Protein shakes
Supporter
Certified
12/2/18
UK
I wonder if the gen makers do this on purpose... release initial pics then make minor alterations for the official release so the reps can be spotted by gen dealers?
They seem to think Nike etc do that in the rep sneaker community, so I don’t see why the high end watch brands wouldn’t do it too 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Jarken

drvintage

Patron
Certified
21/11/19
I promisse you, it will have other flaws.
I know but this “in your face” flaws will be hopefully fixed. I would look on the asymmetric Swiss made and the lines under the logo every time I checking the time. It is an no go for me

merowinger

I'm Pretty Popular
10/7/13
Switzerland
I know but this “in your face” flaws will be hopefully fixed. I would look on the asymmetric Swiss made and the lines under the logo every time I checking the time. It is an no go for me
"In your face" would be a wrong dial color, wrong printing, misaligned markers etc.
But ok, I get it, if you gonna see only the "flaws", then this watch isnt for you.
But this Version is so good, they are not going to release a V2. It's not a sub or a royal oak.

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
What is it with this Watch, as some Dealers have it listed - other dont. Usually all big TD´s have popular Models listed.

Mkempes

Patience you must have my young Padawan
Supporter
Patron
Certified
13/12/23
EU
It's quite new and not all TD keep their website up to date. You just need to ask for it.