• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tutorial: How to fix the Bezel on a CLEAN GMT Master 2

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Hello, I really need help, I can't get the bezel to fit on the watch, it comes off and doesn't clip on. I'm losing hope, after hours of searching on the internet, I still can't find the problem.

You need a new hytrel ring / bezel gasket. This is the small part that holds the bezel.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Do you have a link to order the exact parts I need? And how come I need to change them?
Cause 99% of the time when bezel popps off a replica hytrel gets squeezed somehow.

Ich habe gerade diesen erstaunlichen Artikel auf AliExpress gefunden. Probiere ihn aus! CHF11.72 | Uhr Lünette Dichtung für Rlx Sub/GMT Keramik 116613 116610 Passt Zwischen Fall

Luca06150

Getting To Know The Place
24/7/23
France
I don't know much about watches on a technical level, so are you telling me that I can't clip my bezel onto the watch because of a gasket? From a logical point of view, I should be able to do it, but on the other hand, I'd have a problem with water-resistance, except that I can't even clip it on.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I don't know much about watches on a technical level, so are you telling me that I can't clip my bezel onto the watch because of a gasket?

Yes, if you would go thru this whole thread you would see. The BEZEL gasket golds the bezel down. the XTAL gasket is (and alot of other parts) responsible for waterproofnes. which, if you have a CF GMT, anyway should be doubtable instead having a v2 Dandong.

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I don't know much about watches on a technical level, so are you telling me that I can't clip my bezel onto the watch because of a gasket? From a logical point of view, I should be able to do it, but on the other hand, I'd have a problem with water-resistance, except that I can't even clip it on.
Depends on your bezel gasket (hytrel ring). The hytrel ring is what allows or prevents the bezel from lifting. Its inner perimeter should fit snugly under the crystal retaining ring lip, and is the only thing that keeps a bezel from popping off. Its outer perimeter fits in the bezel groove. A poorly fitting or damaged hytrel ring will cause poor bezel fit and possibly poor movement. The bezel tension ring (washer) should not (can not) lift a bezel up higher than the hytrel ring will allow it to go. It just adds pressure (tension) between the hytrel ring and the retaining ring lip to offset any looseness. If there is a gap between the hytrel and the lip caused by a short or worn hytrel, then adding a tension washer will lift the bezel up to eliminate that gap. It's possible this may create a gap between the bezel and the case, which can be asymmetrical if the hytrel is uneven in height due to wear or damage. All the pieces need to work together for proper fit and function.

Luca06150

24/7/23
France
Okay, so my joint is responsible for the bezel not working and the clip, right? I only need to change the gasket? Do you have a link?

derjenigewelcher

Watch enthusiast
Supporter
Patron
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Okay, so my joint is responsible for the bezel not working and the clip, right? I only need to change the gasket? Do you have a link?
I would say the gasket is the problem here.
I am so sad that these days nothing can be done by people on theirself. you know your watch model, you know aliexpress, you know its a "bezel gasket" - go for it mate!;)

Luca06150

24/7/23
France
Look
I am so sad that these days nothing can be done by people on theirself. you know your watch model, you know aliexpress, you know its a "bezel gasket" - go for it mate!;)
I am so sad that these days nothing can be done by people on theirself. you know your watch model, you know aliexpress, you know its a "bezel gasket" - go for it mate!

Luca06150

24/7/23
France

Are you sure is just the garket the problem ?

asusundevils1971

Your Parents Warned You To Stay Away From Me.
Supporter
Top Poster Of Month
23/2/23
Canada
I don't know much about watches on a technical level
Why then did you think it was a good idea to take the bezel off with no knowledge, skills or tools. Your questions have been answered here repeatedly to what you need to do and where to find the part you need. And yes they are sure it's a gasket problem.

Last edited:

Luca06150

24/7/23
France

Are you sure is just the garket the problem ?
I’m not sure, I’m a beginner

Luca06150

24/7/23
France
If our help is not appreciated, go to your local watchsmith
I'm French and my English may not be perfect, but I'm very grateful for all the help you've given me! I'm afraid going to a repair shop is not a good idea as this is a replica and the gasket is one created for this fake Rolex model.

Actually I don't quite understand how the bezel works and how it's fixed, as well as the place of the gasket on the bezel, I don't know exactly where to place it.

I'm a watch enthusiast but not an expert in disassembly and reassembly, and I wanted to try it on my own because I found that my bezel was getting harder and harder to turn compared to when I bought it a year ago.

I would have liked a precise explanation of where to place the gasket on the bezel to try one last time to clip it on, and if it doesn't clip on I'll order a new gasket. Thanks again for all your help gentlemen!

Luca06150

24/7/23
France
I'm French and my English may not be perfect, but I'm very grateful for all the help you've given me! I'm afraid going to a repair shop is not a good idea as this is a replica and the gasket is one created for this fake Rolex model.

Actually I don't quite understand how the bezel works and how it's fixed, as well as the place of the gasket on the bezel, I don't know exactly where to place it.

I'm a watch enthusiast but not an expert in disassembly and reassembly, and I wanted to try it on my own because I found that my bezel was getting harder and harder to turn compared to when I bought it a year ago.

I would have liked a precise explanation of where to place the gasket on the bezel to try one last time to clip it on, and if it doesn't clip on I'll order a new gasket. Thanks again for all your help gentlemen!
I may simply have put the gasket on backwards or in the wrong place... does anyone have a photo of the bezel with the gasket on it?

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Certified
15/1/11
I may simply have put the gasket on backwards or in the wrong place... does anyone have a photo of the bezel with the gasket on it?
If you flip the bezel over you will see where the Hytrel Ring sits in this groove

When your ready to install the ring start pressing it in and hold it in place with your left thumb, and then use your right thumb moving in a clockwise motion to push the ring into place.

If you did it right it will look like this

Here is a zoomed out picture showing the ring fully seated.

These three parts are the Crystal retainer ring, the washer and click spring.

Place the washer over the retainer until it sits flush against the case

Then install the click spring into the crystal retainer, making sure each of the three points is sitting in the groove and flush against the case.

On the bottom side of the bezel ring there are three small holes, which need to line up with the prongs on the click spring.

You need to eye the prongs to line up with the holes and when it does the bezel can be pressed back on.

I usually don’t press it straight down as this can knock off the Hytrel ring, but rather push it down on one of the prongs and slowly press all the way around until it’s seated back on to the crystal retainer.

When it’s installed correctly the bezel will rotate freely as before and should be sitting flush against the case.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The CLEAN hytrel ring has a stairstep outer profile. The larger diameter "step" goes UP in the bezel groove, toward the insert.

Hzejkb.jpeg

Last edited:

samsoniteman

Maker of Poor Financial Decisions
Supporter
Certified
2/6/23
US
If you flip the bezel over you will see where the Hytel Ring sits in this groove

When your ready to install the ring start pressing it in and hold it in place with your left thumb, and then use your right thumb moving in a clockwise motion to push the ring into place.

If you did it right it will look like this

Here is a zoomed out picture showing the ring fully seated.

These three parts are the Crystal retainer ring, the washer and click spring.

Place the washer over the retainer until it sits flush against the case

Then install the click spring into the crystal retainer, making sure each of the three points is sitting in the groove and flush against the case.

On the bottom side of the bezel ring there are three small holes, which need to line up with the prongs on the click spring.

You need to eye the prongs to line up with the holes and when it does the bezel can be pressed back on.

I usually don’t press it straight down as this can knock off the Hytel ring, but rather push it down on one of the prongs and slowly press all the way around until it’s seated back on to the crystal retainer.

When it’s installed correctly the bezel will rotate freely as before and should be sitting flush against the case.

Hope that helps

Farking hell I dont have this issue but have filed it into the "good for a rainy day" folder lol.
Great post!

Reactions: Rolexmike69