• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Pelagos in 2020

Rickhardth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/20
@mcchicken Everything looks great to me, tbh. I've seen some bad alignments on these and yours looks fine. Plus, with the macro lens everything seems like it could be an issue. Then you have the watch on your hand and you can barely see these details. I would GL it. Let me know if you didn't ;)

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Thanks for the feedback guys, I appreciate it and I guess I am being too OCD on this.
At the very least, the bezel markings are straight, even if the dial markers arent.

I actually did go back to ask if he could find one with straight hour markers, maybe I'm pushing my luck?
He may very well come back and say no, so I'm waiting for his response and will see what to do next.

The first watch I received had a crooked dial altogether so to be fair, it was even worse than this second one.

Last edited:

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
On another note, what do you guys think about the end links, is the gap acceptable?
I think the gap is more evident in the picture with the watch on its side.

Last edited:

Rickhardth

23/6/20
Looks solid to me. You actually need a little gap between links for the metal bracelet to feel comfortable and allow for some wrist movement.

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I was referring to the solid end links or hollow end links, if you call them that (they are not solid)...
You can see through the gap, or I am wrong?

Venniz

26/7/20
Hello guys,

Was it confirmed if this new stock has the a2824 movement?

Thanks.

Not on trusted dealers yet.

The only version with a2824 movement is the zf one. I got one and I love my zf tudor pelagos. For me it looks like gen and everything is aligned.

And finally in real life it has no gap, it was only in pictures that I could see the gap. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: kennygconspiracy

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
What about the lhd, still pending for a dam* xf, i could murder for one lol

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
I can also confirm that there is no stock, with an indefinite time frame until factories get more inventory.
I've been waiting since June for the XF/V6F version with A2824 movement.
Apparently ZF version is available.

Watch-a-say

10/10/18
+1, waiting on the XF LHD as well. Titanium case plus the warmth of the hands and markers makes it have a special character that feels similar but uniquely different compared to the BB58 (which I currently have), and better than the normal black dial Pelagos for me. Eagerly awaiting new stock.

Reactions: Slayer1976

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Blue Pelagos and the guy I use (not a TD) can source both zf and xf.

If we discard rotor noise, is the consensus still that the XF is best on the wrist?

Also, I know no stock is available but, are the old 2 liners a better superrep?
Is the old 2 line xf, a better call if I can find one M2M?

spazthecat

22/11/12
Anyone tried to seal up the HEV? Is it worth doing? I got an XF Blue Pelagos today and was going to open it up and try to silence the rotor a bit and thought I would seal the HEV since I had it open.

Overall, great watch. A couple of the indices don’t have quite as much lume as the others. Which, bums me out a bit but it looks just fine in the light and I’m probably the only person that would notice it in the dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Manray

Renowned Member
Certified
18/8/14
Anyone tried to seal up the HEV? Is it worth doing? I got an XF Blue Pelagos today and was going to open it up and try to silence the rotor a bit and thought I would seal the HEV since I had it open.

Overall, great watch. A couple of the indices don’t have quite as much lume as the others. Which, bums me out a bit but it looks just fine in the light and I’m probably the only person that would notice it in the dark.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Why would you seal the HEV? Does it jeopardize water resistance? How would you seal it?