• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Pelagos in 2020

spazthecat

22/11/12
Why would you seal the HEV? Does it jeopardize water resistance? How would you seal it?

Yeah. Since it likely isn’t built to gen spec, it’s a potential entry point for water.

I’d use JB weld. But, not sure if that would bond with titanium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watch-a-say

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/18
I'm seriously considering pulling the trigger on a Blue Pelagos and the guy I use (not a TD) can source both zf and xf.

If we discard rotor noise, is the consensus still that the XF is best on the wrist?

Also, I know no stock is available but, are the old 2 liners a better superrep?
Is the old 2 line xf, a better call if I can find one M2M?

Where is this source? Can this guy get a black one still too?

Venniz

26/7/20
I'm comparing my zf tudor pelagos with this watch and there is no difference. Well, in my opinion, if you have the zf tudor pelagos, I don't think it worth to change tudor to this xf v5.

Beemer913

9/10/17
The Miyota 9015 used in replica watches isn't a clone it is a genuine Miyota movement made by Citizen ( they are cheap to buy in bulk ) . It is good reliable workhorse movement , i find they wind well , they have instant date change at 12am and keep much better time than the published specs . In fact i have a couple that are astoundingly accurate +- on a 2-3 day wear . The only problem is they have a UNI DIRECTIONAL rotor which is noisy . The movement is easily replaced or serviced .

The Asain2824 used in reps is again reliable easily serviced etc and doesn't have the noisy uni directional . However the date change is not instant ( or classed as gradual ) it will begin to change somewhere near 12 and flip on or around 12 . Although i have a genuine watch that begins to change at 11.30 and doesn't flip till 1ish .

THE BEST Pelagos is the V6F/ XF ( same factory TD's use both Monica's as reference ) it is classed as a SUPER REP on the NWBIG list ( the ZF is not ) . They have had both movements in . However the latest version of the V6F/XF (V4) has a Miyota 9015 decorated to look like a Tudor MT5612 . The V2,V3,V4 of the XF/V6F are all classed as Super Reps . There are no differences cosmetically , the differences are to the movement and decoration of it . You may be able to find one knocking about with a TD or on M2M with the clone ETA if you prefer to the Miyota . Members reckon they have solved the noisy Miyota rotor with a little mobius oil to the bearings . Not sure if that works myself .

A great choice of rep to get back into the hobby .

is it just me or is this really switched? I thought the 2824 has a instant date change and the miyotas are the gradual ones?? Could someone please clarify?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
is it just me or is this really switched? I thought the 2824 has a instant date change and the miyotas are the gradual ones?? Could someone please clarify?

+1

For my miyota the date doesn't instaswitch at 12.

alexc1991

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/8/19
Does anyone know what the difference is between V4 and V5? I’ve seen that the V5 is with 2824 moment so I’m going to go for that one unless anyone suggests otherwise?

This has been a really useful read! Thank you everyone for the input and for helping other members.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Venniz

26/7/20
Does anyone know what the difference is between V4 and V5? I’ve seen that the V5 is with 2824 moment so I’m going to go for that one unless anyone suggests otherwise?

This has been a really useful read! Thank you everyone for the input and for helping other members.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I think the only difference is the mechanism.
xf v5 is the best tudor pelagos model right now.

maily

9/10/10
Is the Xf V5 stillt the best going into 2022?

I am so torn and tempted to buy a GEN but want to try a good rep one more time for a while to make sure i really want the GEN in this!

Reactions: maplesirup

maplesirup

1/2/22
Europe
I am so torn and tempted to buy a GEN but want to try a good rep one more time for a while to make sure i really want the GEN in this!

I just received my XF out of a M2M trade, and let me tell you- it is a stunning watch - dial, xtal, hands, bezel, it just looks perfectly! You wont regret getting one!
Also the Ti bracelet feels smooth and it looks so good.

GL on your hunt for that watch.
Cheers