• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor Pelagos in 2020

novaol

Looking Around
18/4/19
Hi, I just wondered why I can't find the right size for the case back opener from Ebay or Amazon. Most of them offered 29.5 or the largest 36.5 as I just wanna open up my Pelagos to check or tune. Anyone knows the exact size and where to get it? Appreciate your inputs. Tks

thenut

Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Germany
My watchsmith Had Problems too. He told me that it is necessary to use a "Rolex spec" Opener. No Idea which size that mean , u can try one of These sticky friction Balls

Reactions: germanherman

novaol

Looking Around
18/4/19
My watchsmith Had Problems too. He told me that it is necessary to use a "Rolex spec" Opener. No Idea which size that mean , u can try one of These sticky friction Balls

That's the problem, mine also being told to use the Rolex opener but didn't reveal the size and it seems Amazon or eBay all offers the generic sizes which I had bought it. Sheesh!!!

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Does anyone know what the difference between the XF/V6F and the ZF Pelagos differences are, other than the movement?

My TD doesn't have stock of the XF/V6F and asked if I want the ZF, but I only know that the XF/V6F is classified as a super rep, but not the ZF.

cgi

Looking Around
3/7/20
Apparently ZF got knocked off the Super Rep list a few years ago for bezel font thickness and misaligned markers. Thing is I've looked at a few pictures of Gen Pelagos from various sites including the official Tudor website and I can see some slight misalignment on some of the markers for the Gens. And the bezel font in the 1st picture of the blue Pelagos on the Tudor website looks thicker than the bezel font in the 4th picture. Color and markers are also darker, but maybe it's just the light, definitely not the same exact watch, 1st picture might not even be a real watch. I also saw a blue Gen on a site that had the slightly rounded markers (like the black LHD) so it seems there are variations and QC issues on Gen Pelagos. There's a thread on here from 4 years ago of a V2 ZF next to a Gen and I could barely tell the difference, so I image either V4 should look great if there aren't QC issues. I want A2428 movement though so I'm holding out for one of the TDs to get a V4 XF with A2482 movement back in stock soon.

Reactions: Rickhardth

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Apparently ZF got knocked off the Super Rep list a few years ago for bezel font thickness and misaligned markers. Thing is I've looked at a few pictures of Gen Pelagos from various sites including the official Tudor website and I can see some slight misalignment on some of the markers for the Gens. And the bezel font in the 1st picture of the blue Pelagos on the Tudor website looks thicker than the bezel font in the 4th picture. Color and markers are also darker, but maybe it's just the light, definitely not the same exact watch, 1st picture might not even be a real watch. I also saw a blue Gen on a site that had the slightly rounded markers (like the black LHD) so it seems there are variations and QC issues on Gen Pelagos. There's a thread on here from 4 years ago of a V2 ZF next to a Gen and I could barely tell the difference, so I image either V4 should look great if there aren't QC issues. I want A2428 movement though so I'm holding out for one of the TDs to get a V4 XF with A2482 movement back in stock soon.

Thanks for the information, I was wondering why the ZF was not on the super rep list and everything makes sense again.

I am also waiting for the updated/latest batch of the XF/V6F version from my TD, which they said should come sometime in Augst, lets hope it comes sooner rather than later!

Reactions: Rickhardth

Rickhardth

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/6/20
Not sure what they can improve but that’s great news! Who’s your TD so I can keep an eye on their website?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Not sure what they can improve but that’s great news! Who’s your TD so I can keep an eye on their website?

I don't think there is a new version. I was told that they ran out of stock and the factory needs to make more. He thinks the new batch might be using an A2824 ETA clone instead of the Miyota 9015. I purchased the Pealgos through TrustyTime.

I've seen a lot of new TDs lately who have much better QC pics though and I'm sure any of the TDs will all be able to source it.

Last edited:

Rickhardth

23/6/20
I don't think there is a new version. I was told that they ran out of stock and the factory needs to make more. He thinks the new batch might be using an A2824 ETA clone instead of the Miyota 9015. I purchased the Pealgos through TrustyTime.

I've seen a lot of new TDs lately who have much better QC pics though and I'm sure any of the TDs will all be able to source it.

Got it! That makes sense, there is not much room for improvement. XF/V6F version is great. I just need to decide between the black or blue one...

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Sead is showing an A2824 ZF (Black dial) in his UK stock today if anyone is interested.

Rickhardth

23/6/20
Why do you say "old" ? I think ZF never switched from a2824 to miyota

Exactly that. It’s on the list now but it’s not a new version. I guess everyone wants the xf version which is sold out. So, the zf version is the only option right now.

Rickhardth

23/6/20
I'm still waiting for my XF/V6F replacement as well.
I was told that the earliest would be August, but no firm date...

Thanks for the update. The rep game is definitely a patience one...

Last edited:

mcchicken

Known Member
22/5/20
Received my 'new' QC pics today from Trusty so I assume that they have stock of the watch now.

However, markers still crooked... Or is it just me?
JxoJ8.jpg

JxmdR.jpg

JxIaK.jpg

JxiOL.png

JxOlv.png

JxYF1.jpg

Jx1Aj.jpg

JxnvI.jpg

From afar, you probably won't see it, but most of the hour markers don't align and are crooked.
Jxtki.jpg

Last edited:

ben_a34

Known Member
30/7/20
Thanks for sharing. This is definitely on my radar for future purchase.

To me the alignment looks OK. I see what you mean but take those lines away and you really struggle to see it which to me is what matters most.