• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor FXD

plt40mm

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/12/23
europe
And still with the Miyato 8N-24 21J movement. Shame they couldn't get a 28800 into it.
jap. actually thats the point which still stops me from pulling the trigger on that one right now.. (although still tempted.. )

krugerbud

25/7/14
This is by far my fave watch in my small collection. I wear it all the time cuz it's super comfortable, legible and so light I often forget I'm wearing it.
Nice! What strap do you rock with it? pic?

krugerbud

25/7/14
And still with the Miyato 8N-24 21J movement. Shame they couldn't get a 28800 into it.
+1
Also as someone pointed out earlier on this thread with pics of the raised shiney fonts on the bezel vs flat/matt on the gen..
My OCD cant see past beyond it.. probably gonna hold off till a better 1:1 version comes out

Reactions: b2c4g8

freefallrlc

21/6/15
A side by side of the Gen (on right) Rubber with the Rep one. The texture of the Rep is not done well. Much smoother. The Gen looks like rubberized cloth. Rep texture way less detailed.
The buckle is interesting thought, the gen one is more flat. A bit wider. One could almost think the rep one looks like the gen because the corners are more rounded and seems manufactured a bit better. The pin on the Rep is more lying on top of the buckle while the Rep is more going in.

Tebonr

Horology Curious
29/3/23
California
A side by side of the Gen (on right) Rubber with the Rep one. The texture of the Rep is not done well. Much smoother. The Gen looks like rubberized cloth. Rep texture way less detailed.
The buckle is interesting thought, the gen one is more flat. A bit wider. One could almost think the rep one looks like the gen because the corners are more rounded and seems manufactured a bit better. The pin on the Rep is more lying on top of the buckle while the Rep is more going in.
While I do agree that the rep rubber strap is not "repped" well.. it is pretty damn comfortable lol I was surprised when I pulled it out.

freelancer10000

Certified
12/2/24
UK
A side by side of the Gen (on right) Rubber with the Rep one.

Is there any difference in length between the rep and gen?

I’m pretty happy with the feel and look of the rep rubber and like the length (admittedly I’ve not tried the gen so have no frame of reference for comparison).

Reactions: b2c4g8

freelancer10000

Certified
12/2/24
UK
I just measured a GEN rubber strap and 265mm.

Thanks. I’ll have to dig out a ruler and measure the rep strap length. I think it’s definitely shorter though.

Did you include the buckle in your measurement or end-to-end of the rubber only?

Reactions: Got20Mate

freelancer10000

Certified
12/2/24
UK
Measurements for the rep rubber:

Rubber only: 249mm (I'd round up to 250mm as it might not have laid entirely flat)

IrLu2cXh.jpg
ePmcOvHh.jpg

From the outer edge of the raised part of the buckle: 265mm

gdAxg51h.jpg
11Bs8SVh.jpg