• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Tudor FXD

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Gen seems like a less capable version of the original. Losing both the bracelet and the date. Given the glacial pace that Tudor get their new releases out, it would probably be quicker to get the rep - which should be simple enough - there’s not much to get wrong on it.

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
Gen seems like a less capable version of the original. Losing both the bracelet and the date. Given the glacial pace that Tudor get their new releases out, it would probably be quicker to get the rep - which should be simple enough - there’s not much to get wrong on it.

The gen is already out.
i’m a no date fan and I can’t imagine I’d ever find a scenario where 200m isn’t enough.
My favourite feature (the fixed strap bars) make the bracelet impossible which is fine. Especially when you consider it’s a heap thinner than the regular Pelagos.
If ZF don’t come up with something soon I might have to go gen.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The gen is already out.
i’m a no date fan and I can’t imagine I’d ever find a scenario where 200m isn’t enough.
My favourite feature (the fixed strap bars) make the bracelet impossible which is fine. Especially when you consider it’s a heap thinner than the regular Pelagos.
If ZF don’t come up with something soon I might have to go gen.

I know it’s out - duh. And I know why it can’t have a bracelet. It’s probably .5mm thinner once you take into account the nato.

My point is Tudor are terrible at getting new releases out in volume, so the chances of walking out of an AD with one for the foreseeable are next to zero. Which is why I said it would probably be quicker to get a rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnlogan

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
I know it’s out - duh. And I know why it can’t have a bracelet. It’s probably .5mm thinner once you take into account the nato.

My point is Tudor are terrible at getting new releases out in volume, so the chances of walking out of an AD with one for the foreseeable are next to zero. Which is why I said it would probably be quicker to get a rep.

K, thanks for the input

rexlupus

Horology Curious
20/6/12
I would definitely be interested if ZF comes with a version.
I hope it will be cheaper since there is no date complication and no bracelet.
Maybe 250$-300$ that would be a great value.

Reactions: asturianin

dangerdan3

Renowned Member
3/12/20
I would definitely be interested if ZF comes with a version.
I hope it will be cheaper since there is no date complication and no bracelet.
Maybe 250$-300$ that would be a great value.

My best guess is if it does get repped, it’ll have a 2824 in it. I reckon it’d be priced similarly to other titanium Pelagos reps which is fine with me. A simpler dial than a regular pelagos should be easier to replicate too

TheController

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
Haven’t heard anything yet. My guess is the raids slowed down their development. A lot of good models have also disappeared from the books.

Yes noticed the same, I was also in contact with a few local dealers saying that the COVID situation is also quite serious and a lot of factories cant operate as usual on top of the after-math of the raids.

Reactions: dangerdan3

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I want to get one. Why did they released the lhd instead of this new fxd ?

atom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/2/12
There are so many cool details on this vs regular Pelagos. The crown and bezel have bigger "teeth" to the grip which personally I like a lot more. The bidrectional fully indexed countdown bezel is funky. It's thinner. The flat dial. The Velcro strap. Lack of date and helium valve. Slightly darker blue tone. The fixed bars get all the hype... but everything is so well done. When will they rep this?! I might need to get the gen...

Last edited:
Reactions: Theodizee

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Picked mine up this morning.

34-E282-C7-3454-407-A-A925-58-AD50297311.jpg

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Feels very light - like its not there. My AD called me yesterday, and I was going to pass on it, but thought I would check it out. As soon as I saw it I knew we would be friends. Fit is very good - not as big as it looks in my photo - nothing like as big as the dimensions suggest. Glad I got one for the summer.

John Robie

Horology Curious
16/3/20
Looks great! I just got the call too. Gonna fly over to London (I’m in Ireland) in a week or so to pick it up. Can’t wait. I’ll post pics when I get it.

Reactions: muiramas

Beartooth

CREAM OF THE CROP
Patron
Certified
22/2/22
MT
Haven't stopped thinking of this watch since I first saw it. I really need for it to be repped. Throw an Erica's strap on it and it is perfect summer watch.