• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Titanium Yatchmaster 42mm - 2023 release

tomtom1009

Getting To Know The Place
21/8/20
Mine arrived today but was doa so i opened the case back to check what was happening

To open the case back you need the 29.50 (N°5) opener, the same as needed for the submariner and daytona :

The reason for the doa is the rotor screw cover which came off during the shipping process :

Just for your information, the case back engraving on the inside is wrong, it’s copied from the white gold yachtmaster :

One opened, i aligned and tightened the movement, greased the joints to waterproof it an gave the rotor bearings some oil to silence it because it’s loud :

Then i stretched the springs to tighten the bezel and improve the fitting:

Then i checked all the other engravings which are correct :

My conclusion is that the watch is well made, extreme light and the quality is good for this price range.

The only thing that bothers me is the rotor of the movement which is verry loud.

xairate

19/2/23
USA
Mine arrived today but was doa so i opened the case back to check what was happening

To open the case back you need the 29.50 (N°5) opener, the same as needed for the submariner and daytona :

The reason for the doa is the rotor screw cover which came off during the shipping process :

Just for your information, the case back engraving on the inside is wrong, it’s copied from the white gold yachtmaster :

One opened, i aligned and tightened the movement, greased the joints to waterproof it an gave the rotor bearings some oil to silence it because it’s loud :

My conclusion is that the watch is well made, extreme light and the quality is good for this price range.

The only thing that bothers me is the rotor of the movement which is verry loud.
Hello Sir,
Since you had the expertise to open up the caseback and analyse the movement, would you also be able to take a small step further to enlighten us and figure out if this movement can be replaced with a VR3235 movement?
It may not be a 1:1 swap, but if it is at all possible to make it happen (like clipping the dial legs and using dial dots to stick the movement to the dial)
Basically I am looking to get a movement swap done and was wondering if it is possible for a trusted and experiences watchsmith.

xairate

19/2/23
USA
Well this is going to get interesting then 😄 I have a 3235 coming to try and swap in. We will see what happens.
Please keep us in the loop. I would also love to get it done and have been trying to find a watch-smith who can help me. If there is any precedents the conversation will become that much more easier and thus would love to know how it goes for you,

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Absolutely love this watch, but I think the wise move is to wait for a clean / Vsf release

tomtom1009

21/8/20
Hello Sir,
Since you had the expertise to open up the caseback and analyse the movement, would you also be able to take a small step further to enlighten us and figure out if this movement can be replaced with a VR3235 movement?
It may not be a 1:1 swap, but if it is at all possible to make it happen (like clipping the dial legs and using dial dots to stick the movement to the dial)
Basically I am looking to get a movement swap done and was wondering if it is possible for a trusted and experiences watchsmith.

I tried to put the SH3235 movement in but it’s to smal so you need an retaining spacer and the hole for the stem is to low so the movement doesn’t sit right under the rehaut :

tomtom1009

21/8/20
I tried to put the SH3235 movement in but it’s to smal so you need an retaining spacer and the hole for the stem is to low so the movement doesn’t sit right under the rehaut :

The spacer from the movement doesn’t fit the SH3235 :

Better wait fir CF or VSF to come with their version of the watch with an better movement.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
Only if EWF could make a set of better hands, it will turn this piece to be an inevitable grab.
Of course, the reliability of the movement remains to be a mystery.

xairate

19/2/23
USA
The spacer from the movement doesn’t fit the SH3235 :

Better wait fir CF or VSF to come with their version of the watch with an better movement.
Thanks sir.
Noob comment, but please bear with me.
I am guessing with these limitations, an A2824 will also be out of question.
Ultimately I guess a custom movement ring to hold it in place is required --> I think some one is already attempting that. Will wait and watch :)

tomtom1009

21/8/20
Thanks sir.
Noob comment, but please bear with me.
I am guessing with these limitations, an A2824 will also be out of question.
Ultimately I guess a custom movement ring to hold it in place is required --> I think some one is already attempting that. Will wait and watch :)
Even if you 3D print the correct spacer ring, there is another problem with the date.

The distance from the center of the dial to the center of the date window is different, the Hangzhou 7500 is larger. The problem is that you can’t swap the datewheel 1:1.

Better wait for the CF or VSF version of this model.

tomtom1009

21/8/20
Even if you 3D print the correct spacer ring, there is another problem with the date.

The distance from the center of the dial to the center of the date window is different, the Hangzhou 7500 is larger. The problem is that you can’t swap the datewheel 1:1.

Better wait for the CF or VSF version of this model.

Brett0712

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/9/09
I received mine today and I am pleased with it from an overall standpoint. I agree with the above mentioned breakdown.

Some things I noticed:
I have no issue with the clasp. Very easy to open with one finger.
Rehaut is relatively poor. Both engraving and dial alignment.
Bezel has a nice fitment but sounds really rough when rotating. I will likely pop this off and give it a cleaning and maybe a light lubrication.
Rotor is definitely loud. I am going to clean and lubricate it tonight and see if it makes any improvement.
Some of the screws on the bracelet appear to have a threadlocker of some sort. When trying to fit my bracelet I COULD NOT get one of the screws out. After a couple failed attempts and plenty of heat, I had to seperate the pressed together links, use locking pliers to remove the screw, then press the link back together. I have read that others have had issues stripping out screw heads. Be warned...

Given the cost, it is something I will enjoy wearing. If/when CF or VSF release a model, I will certainly purchase one as I do quite enjoy this watch.

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
21/3/07
Up where we belong

Did you oil the rotor bearings? The loud rotor mitigated?

biff1001

25/7/21
This seems like a purchase for the watchmakers amongst us as it looks likes it needs a full strip down and service when delivered.

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
21/3/07
Up where we belong
This arrived yesterday. Like everyone who got theirs, the light weight is the first thing that I noticed followed by the noisy rotor. It is really loud.

For size comparison with the DS.

Took one link out and yes it appears the factory applied some sort of thread locker. I was able to move all screws with no issue.

Wristie. Not bad for the price. I like the case size and lume is good.

I will be oiling the bearings later and see if that helps.

Brett0712

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/9/09
I cleaned and oiled the the rotor bearing and I don't think it made much of a difference - maybe a little. I think I hear more of the winding mechanism now - hard to tell. The winding mechanism itself is quite loud. Word to the wise, stop at the rotor. I took the bearing out and immediacy regretted it as I am not familiar with this movement. It took a little while to figure out how it worked and get it back together. All is well in the end.

I am going to wear this watch and maybe pickup a spare movement when this one dies. I do have some spare movements that I might play around with and see if anything fits. Honestly, I am content with this watch as-is until I am forced to make a change.

biff1001

25/7/21
I cleaned and oiled the the rotor bearing and I don't think it made much of a difference - maybe a little. I think I hear more of the winding mechanism now - hard to tell. The winding mechanism itself is quite loud. Word to the wise, stop at the rotor. I took the bearing out and immediacy regretted it as I am not familiar with this movement. It took a little while to figure out how it worked and get it back together. All is well in the end.

I am going to wear this watch and maybe pickup a spare movement when this one dies. I do have some spare movements that I might play around with and see if anything fits. Honestly, I am content with this watch as-is until I am forced to make a change.
On the 1st video of this i saw the winding mechanism sounded like it was filled with sand.

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
These are just amazing contributions and information, thank you for the effort that you made. I'm truly in love.... but now it started with the concern about the size 18.7/19 cm wrist and I got a feeling that maybe it will be to big on my wrist...? I have really confused feelings right now :D and maybe I'm making some stress out of nothing... I don't have anything to compare, and I know I need to visit the AD... but here two of my watches with bigger dimensions;
H3TeZW.jpeg

H3T5qS.jpeg

Of course, this is a personal matter and taste, but I would like to hear your thoughts and recommendations.

biff1001

25/7/21
Well i've ordered the EWF because i'm now longer confident that the VSF will be a better quality option for the price difference and i'm impatient lol.

Reactions: shinynewbling25