• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Titanium Yatchmaster 42mm - 2023 release

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
@andy_fin @Stevenvw I still got few Nokia phones including 6310i and 9300i , not sure what movement is inside completely forgot to take more photos

Legend! I really miss those!

But onto the watch - thanks for the high-res pic! Sadly I can't make out what is it based on. I just hope someone here manages to swap it for something more robust.

cotti-rottie

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
1/4/23
uk
I might grab one of these just to tinker with it. It's always fun when a movement explodes like a spring loaded puzzle that takes hours to reassemble, hah!

On a side note the A7750 is another fun one. And no wonder few people will work on those either. When you take the autowind assembly off (which I did just to get the rotor out of the way for ease of movement holder mounting), it explodes on you with a bunch of pieces and parts.

Everything has to be situated perfectly. A stiff spring at A pushes that gear off angle and out of position. A gear beneath B has to mesh with that large gear next to it, and its pivot stay in that tiny hole in the lever. All the other circled parts have to stay in place despite opposing lateral and vertical forces acting on them. Then when you go to replace the bridge, you always knock something out of place.

3MEU1I.jpg

What an almost impossible ordeal! It's as bad as the DG2813's combined train/barrel bridge with its many spindly and wobbly pivots. I was only able to reassemble the 7750 by taping parts down, replacing the bridge then pulling the tape out. Arghh.
impressive skills :cool:

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
Legend! I really miss those!

But onto the watch - thanks for the high-res pic! Sadly I can't make out what is it based on. I just hope someone here manages to swap it for something more robust.
We've already determined it's a Hangzou 7 series;

Hor-Fan provided a link to where you can get an inexpensive unbranded replacement.

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
We've already determined it's a Hangzou 7 series;

Hor-Fan provided a link to where you can get an inexpensive unbranded replacement.

Sure. It is still not a good movement and it would be very nice to swap it for something else.

So in case you have difficulties following the thread, I'll sum it up - Assumption is that indeed this is that movement because this factory typically uses them.

But it is a movement with poor reputation that doesn't seem to last very long and a lot of people on this thread seems to be interested in a swap for something more reliable - not into buying a replacement.

Another thing I keep seeing often here are people who just drop in and insert a comment into a conversation and try to keep the place toxic. Don't do that. Your tone your, patronizing attitude and condescending tone really isn't constructive.

Stuart Pitt

Supporter
Certified
29/5/21
US
I'm sorry you took my factual reply that way Andy.
Reread what you just wrote, you are guilty of what you're accusing others of.

Reactions: Yacht-Monster

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Another thing I keep seeing often here are people who just drop in and insert a comment into a conversation and try to keep the place toxic. Don't do that. Your tone your, patronizing attitude and condescending tone really isn't constructive.
I don't think @Stuart Pitt was having a go! I do agree that some can be negative here, but I think you misinterpreted his comment. He even supplied a link to the cheap movement.

Yasrolex

Known Member
18/7/23
London Uk
Man oh man I do love titanium watches. I have a Breitking titanium one that I bought almost 20 yrs ago. Cost me around 3k and love it but it’s scratched and dented to hell lol. At some point I’ll need to take it to get it polished and serviced.
But this titanium Rolex has my interest now, I’m so close to pulling the trigger on a yacht master from trusty,

ROLYM226A - YachtMaster 126622 904L SS/SS D-Grey VSF VS3235​

But I may wait to see if a better replica of this comes out and go for that instead. I’ve seen the ewf version and was thinking about it but good thing I’ve read this thread before pulling the trigger on it.

xairate

Getting To Know The Place
19/2/23
USA
Seems like there is a possible solution (not a simple movement swap, but still doable with enough expertise)

The solution stated was to use a VR3135, clip the dial feet, use dial dots to keep the movement in place and profit --> maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but even a 2824 may be possible to fit this way

Reactions: andy_fin

xairate

Getting To Know The Place
19/2/23
USA
Seems like there is a possible solution (not a simple movement swap, but still doable with enough expertise)

The solution stated was to use a VR3135, clip the dial feet, use dial dots to keep the movement in place and profit --> maybe I am getting ahead of myself, but even a 2824 may be possible to fit this way
Hope somebody tries this out. If this works, with some effort people can have a superb watch.

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Very pleased with it.

it’s light and that is a weird feeling to be looking at a large 6 digit Rolex and it appearing like you are wearing a 4 digit.
is it perfect no, im sure the movement will be prone to blowing up at some point, but mine is working and sounds fine.
is it crap no, they’ve made a really good job of the case and it’s comfortable, easy to wear and the titanium is a nice contrast to steel watches. They somehow polished grade 2 in all the right places, so I think that’s bullsh1t about only polishing grade 5.
bezel is a bit bouncy, no idea if waterproof…. But actually I don’t care as I couldn’t get a genuine one and believe me I’ve tried so spending £320 instead of £11k+ is a bit of a bargain….. and when clean or vsf bring one out I’ll be getting that

oh and my next wish…. A Titanium Daytona ❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:

biff1001

25/7/21
Very pleased with it.

it’s light and that is a weird feeling to be looking at a large 6 digit Rolex and it appearing like you are wearing a 4 digit.
is it perfect no, im sure the movement will be prone to blowing up at some point, but mine is working and sounds fine.
is it crap no, they’ve made a really good job of the case and it’s comfortable, easy to wear and the titanium is a nice contrast to steel watches. They somehow polished grade 2 in all the right places, so I think that’s bullsh1t about only polishing grade 5.
bezel is a bit bouncy, no idea if waterproof…. But actually I don’t care as I couldn’t get a genuine one and believe me I’ve tried so spending £320 instead of £11k+ is a bit of a bargain….. and when clean or vsf bring one out I’ll be getting that

oh and my next wish…. A Titanium Daytona ❤️❤️❤️
Does the clasp on the bracelet work ok for you?

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
yeap, a little snug, like the coronet is too high so your finger nail doesnt quite get under it enough. But works fine other than that. I also didn't have problem in removing links.

biff1001

25/7/21
yeap, a little snug, like the coronet is too high so your finger nail doesnt quite get under it enough. But works fine other than that. I also didn't have problem in removing links.
I have a Ginault bracelet on a VSF 116610LN and i don't miss the coronet at all lol. Of course the purists would say it's missing something but for desk diving it's perfect.

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
it looks amazing and I think you described well. There is rumor about a next generation of Daytona'S (maybe rlx... why not I'm dreaming of a rlx Sub ;) ) But there is one more think as far I heard this YM-42 will a limited edition, I will try to grap a gen, but I will not for ages and will definitely hit a Clean or VSF version with a better movement....