• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Titanium Yatchmaster 42mm - 2023 release

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
21/3/07
Up where we belong
These are just amazing contributions and information, thank you for the effort that you made. I'm truly in love.... but now it started with the concern about the size 18.7/19 cm wrist and I got a feeling that maybe it will be to big on my wrist...? I have really confused feelings right now :D and maybe I'm making some stress out of nothing... I don't have anything to compare, and I know I need to visit the AD... but here two of my watches with bigger dimensions;
H3TeZW.jpeg

H3T5qS.jpeg

Of course, this is a personal matter and taste, but I would like to hear your thoughts and recommendations.
If you're not familiar with the bracelet, the clasp has room to be let in or out and extend further.

Reactions: xairate and PRS

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
If you're not familiar with the bracelet, the clasp has room to be let in or out and extend further.
Thank you, but my concern is more on the visual/aesthetic side. I mean the watch is 42 and my wrist 18.5 cm/19 cm..

Brett0712

Do not accept unsolicited offers
8/9/09
These are just amazing contributions and information, thank you for the effort that you made. I'm truly in love.... but now it started with the concern about the size 18.7/19 cm wrist and I got a feeling that maybe it will be to big on my wrist...? I have really confused feelings right now :D and maybe I'm making some stress out of nothing... I don't have anything to compare, and I know I need to visit the AD... but here two of my watches with bigger dimensions;
H3TeZW.jpeg

H3T5qS.jpeg

Of course, this is a personal matter and taste, but I would like to hear your thoughts and recommendations.
I have about an 17.5/18cm wrist and I feel quite confident wearing it. I am also accustomed to wearing a 46mm Galaxy Watch 4 Classic during the week at work, so the TI YM feels really nice to me.
Well i've ordered the EWF because i'm now longer confident that the VSF will be a better quality option for the price difference and i'm impatient lol.
There is certainly room for improvement on the EWF, but for the price, go for it. I ended up buying a spare movement on aliexpress in the event the original one kicks the bucket. When that time comes, I will experiment it other option or maybe someone will have figured it out by then.

Reactions: PRS and biff1001

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I have about an 17.5/18cm wrist and I feel quite confident wearing it. I am also accustomed to wearing a 46mm Galaxy Watch 4 Classic during the week at work, so the TI YM feels really nice to me.

There is certainly room for improvement on the EWF, but for the price, go for it. I ended up buying a spare movement on aliexpress in the event the original one kicks the bucket. When that time comes, I will experiment it other option or maybe someone will have figured it out by then.
Can you share what is the make and model no. of the movement used in this EWF Ti YM? Thanks.

Brett0712

8/9/09
It was posted earlier in this thread that its a HZ7500 or 7xxx. A link was provided to AliExpress for a EW3235 movement which is what I purchased. From the pictures on Aliexpress, it looks exactly like what is in the EWF Ti YM minus the decoration.

EW3235

biff1001

25/7/21
My EWF Yachtmaster was delivered yesterday and i'm a lot more impressed than i thought i would be. For the money $351 delivered it's quite a solid comfortable watch. I can't see me wanting to upgrade to VSF/Clean even if they release something later this year.

Reactions: raremedium

biff1001

25/7/21
Word of caution with the EWF Yachtmaster - the screws are extremely soft and easy to strip.
I would try to size using the easy link extension as much as possible.

• Sad
Reactions: andy_fin

Brett0712

8/9/09
Word of caution with the EWF Yachtmaster - the screws are extremely soft and easy to strip.
I would try to size using the easy link extension as much as possible.

That and what appears to be a threadlock of some sort. I had the same problem with my EWF Ti YM and a similar issue with a recent VSF 126610LN purchase. I found that a surface mount rework station soldering gun works well to release the threadlock. Just blast the thread side of the link with some heat and firmly remove the screw. Also, make sure you are using a good screwdriver that properly fits the screws.

biff1001

25/7/21
That and what appears to be a threadlock of some sort. I had the same problem with my EWF Ti YM and a similar issue with a recent VSF 126610LN purchase. I found that a surface mount rework station soldering gun works well to release the threadlock. Just blast the thread side of the link with some heat and firmly remove the screw. Also, make sure you are using a good screwdriver that properly fits the screws.
I've got a quality hollow ground screwdriver but the problem i had was it was impossible to remove the screw more than once. It just spun and didn't actually unscrew.

Reactions: johnlogan

biff1001

25/7/21
I've got a quality hollow ground screwdriver but the problem i had was it was impossible to remove the screw more than once. It just spun and didn't actually unscrew.
The EWF Ti Yachtmaster is different from many reps i have in that it only has 12 full links so getting the watch balanced is more tricky. Then you have the easy link extension in the clasp rather than a glidelock system.

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
I didn't have a problem at all with the screws, they seemed to be fine and didn't strip at all. maybe I was just lucky but the material does feel soft to be sure.

biff1001

25/7/21
I didn't have a problem at all with the screws, they seemed to be fine and didn't strip at all. maybe I was just lucky but the material does feel soft to be sure.
My biggest issue is that the screws won't screw fully in as far as the untouched ones do.

biff1001

25/7/21
My biggest issue is that the screws won't screw fully in as far as the untouched ones do.
It's not a unique situation as i've also had problems with screws on a VSF sub. The only bracelet i've never had problems with is from Ginault and i am using a screwdriver designed for the job.

Brett0712

8/9/09
I think the key is keeping the link/screw pairs together. I didn’t switch any of them around – I put them back in the same location they came from. My assumption is the screws are installed then the sides of the bracelet are finished so the screws are flush.

I have a Esslinger screw set for the steel bracelets that I have and I oftentimes have to file/polish the ends of new screws so that they sit flush once tightened.

Reactions: biff1001

biff1001

25/7/21
I think the key is keeping the link/screw pairs together. I didn’t switch any of them around – I put them back in the same location they came from. My assumption is the screws are installed then the sides of the bracelet are finished so the screws are flush.

I have a Esslinger screw set for the steel bracelets that I have and I oftentimes have to file/polish the ends of new screws so that they sit flush once tightened.
That was my experience this afternoon, filing away like i was trying to escape from jail :oops:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

I have never thought of that. This may explain why often the screws of the rep bracelets are not interchangable between different slots

biff1001

25/7/21
One thing i have only just noticed with the EWF is that the clasp is shorter than my VSF WG Yachtmaster which unbalances the watch for me.
I'm really not keen on the easy link extension. Can't understand why Rolex didn't go with the glidelock on this.

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
21/3/07
Up where we belong
One thing i have only just noticed with the EWF is that the clasp is shorter than my VSF WG Yachtmaster which unbalances the watch for me.
I'm really not keen on the easy link extension. Can't understand why Rolex didn't go with the glidelock on this.

Was wondering the same about the glidelock. To distinguish from the other lines perhaps...

Planetdanny

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
Certified
5/4/23
Rotterdam Netherlands
My EWF Yachtmaster was delivered yesterday and i'm a lot more impressed than i thought i would be. For the money $351 delivered it's quite a solid comfortable watch. I can't see me wanting to upgrade to VSF/Clean even if they release something later this year.
We’re did you buy
350 delivered??