• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Titanium Yatchmaster 42mm - 2023 release

Titanium22

Do not accept unsolicited offers
11/8/23
California, USA
How much do these 42-mm titanium Yacht-Master reps weigh? Is the weight similar to the original? I'm looking for a lightweight dive watch with a similar look to the Ti Yacht-Master or Grand Seiko diver. I don't really care what the brand is. I'll probably put a rubber strap on for even lower weight and increased comfort.

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
How much do these 42-mm titanium Yacht-Master reps weigh? Is the weight similar to the original? I'm looking for a lightweight dive watch with a similar look to the Ti Yacht-Master or Grand Seiko diver. I don't really care what the brand is. I'll probably put a rubber strap on for even lower weight and increased comfort.
100g same as gen but personally I wouldn’t dive in it from the factory….Not without a service and a good wet test waterproofing

Last edited:

biff1001

25/7/21
100g same as gen but personally I wouldn’t dive in it from the factory….Not without a service and a good wet test waterproofing

Is yours holding up ok? My datewheel got stuck between the 10th and 11th this morning. I've noticed the date change starts as early at 11.30pm :oops:

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
Is yours holding up ok? My datewheel got stuck between the 10th and 11th this morning. I've noticed the date change starts as early at 11.30pm :oops:
Yeah I lucked out, perfect… date change at 12, winds well, not much rotor noise and I didn’t have problem with catch nor screws…. Biggest problem I got is I want the gen,,,, 😢

biff1001

25/7/21
The watch has a great design - i call it the Submaster as a combination of the two.
Now i'm wishing VSF/Clean would release their versions soon.
i'm not sure if it's true but i read an AD would only receive one of these in a year so quite limited supply - all of which fuels the demand.

Rex32

Getting To Know The Place
2/5/10
The watch has a great design - i call it the Submaster as a combination of the two.
Now i'm wishing VSF/Clean would release their versions soon.
i'm not sure if it's true but i read an AD would only receive one of these in a year so quite limited supply - all of which fuels the demand.
Me too man. Guess we are stuck waiting!

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
I think we will see a Clean release very soon since there is a new version of the Yacht-Master (226659) with new dial (called Falcon’s eye) and it looks like one step closer to the RLX yacht master to me...

Reactions: mrsullivan

biff1001

25/7/21
I think we will see a Clean release very soon since there is a new version of the Yacht-Master (226659) with new dial (called Falcon’s eye) and it looks like one step closer to the RLX yacht master to me...
Might take them till August 24 at this rate.
I assume they will need possession of one first.

Reactions: PRS

Jimbo255

Certified
16/4/12
Mine is arriving today, not sure what to expect but I just had to have one. My biggest worry is that the strap won't fit as I have large wrists and I stupidly assumed that it would have the glide lock but oh well. Will also have to test the date.

Jeremy83

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
26/3/18
EU
I had the ZF Pelagos made out of titanium for a while. Pretty chunky watch but the weight was so light. somehow it didn't match the size of the watch.

Jimbo255

Certified
16/4/12
I had the ZF Pelagos made out of titanium for a while. Pretty chunky watch but the weight was so light. somehow it didn't match the size of the watch.
It's just arrived and I was convinced that there was no watch in the box, it is very light. My concerns are correct that my large wrist pushes the comfort of the watch, I'm going to see how I get on over the next couple of days and if it gets too tight I'll have to consider popping it on the watch sales as I can't get an additional link yet. I do have a rubber B but really wanted the Titanium strap :(

Jimbo255

Certified
16/4/12
What I have also noticed is that mine came in a different packaging to @tomtom1009 and it included a screw driver so not sure if they've listened to the issues with the screws

biff1001

25/7/21
It's just arrived and I was convinced that there was no watch in the box, it is very light. My concerns are correct that my large wrist pushes the comfort of the watch, I'm going to see how I get on over the next couple of days and if it gets too tight I'll have to consider popping it on the watch sales as I can't get an additional link yet. I do have a rubber B but really wanted the Titanium strap :(
Have you extended the easy link open as far as it will go? I also changed the links so there was 6 on each side if that helps.

Jimbo255

Certified
16/4/12
Have you extended the easy link open as far as it will go? I also changed the links so there was 6 on each side if that helps.
Yeah I've extended the easy link but I'll try the 6x6 method later when I can get some heat onto it as I don't want to ruin it!

Reactions: biff1001

biff1001

25/7/21
Yeah I've extended the easy link but I'll try the 6x6 method later when I can get some heat onto it as I don't want to ruin it!
It was more tricky for me as the clasp is shorter than the normal glidelock one so it doesn't feel as centered.

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
What size wrist do you have ?