• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Remove stem on EWF A3235 movement.

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
I just fit a VR3135 into a Noob 2824 case without a single issue so it's worth a try. Of course you should plan on using a 3135 dial and hands, both of which are easily available rep or gen.

There is always a chance the EWF dial could have it's feet relocated or it's hands modded, but it's not a dealbreaker if not. You can get a dial and hand set for about $100, the movement for around the same. TDs can help if you have a good relationship with one, or look on Ali Express.

Post #10
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...2-noob-3135-super-rep?p=10462385#post10462385

I use Ali vendor OULIGUAN, and have always gotten good products and service.
hello i disturb you here too but you have the skills you need
do you feel like excluding 3235? I would not want to throw money and then go a little more without fail

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
meanwhile, I ordered the watch from the information I'm getting I want to try the movement change with 3135 definitely not a 3235

Jnkay1

Known Member
23/3/12
Yes, dial dots. Lots of stainless-only 3135 hand sets for sale from time to time on this site, and most indicate movement compatibility. Gold-tone hands are harder to find, so I tried Ofrei. Their aftermarket hour and minute hands fit well but the second hand didn’t fit properly. Also, the lume was trash. There are gen hands out there but at high cost. I wound up with a top-notch rep handset from eBay.

The 3135 100% fits the case and dial. The OEM movement fills the inside of the case whereas the 3135 is of smaller diameter and needs either retaining clamps or a movement holder ring to keep it put. I suppose you can order a bag of mixed-sizes retainer rings, but my completely unskilled self just rigged one by filing down a small zip tie and it works fine.

A 3235 will probably be a straight swap, but I wanted the 3135 because the VS is pretty reliable and readily available.

I decided I liked the EWFs so much that it was worth it for me to buy a few basic tools and watch an instructional youtube video on removing and replacing hands and trimming stems. Meanwhile, the OEM EWF movements in two of my other watches have been reliable, keep great time and have ridiculous power reserves. Only downside is gradual date change.

Reactions: Sundek and Hor-Fan

Sundek

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
24/3/18
Italy
Yes, dial dots. Lots of stainless-only 3135 hand sets for sale from time to time on this site, and most indicate movement compatibility. Gold-tone hands are harder to find, so I tried Ofrei. Their aftermarket hour and minute hands fit well but the second hand didn’t fit properly. Also, the lume was trash. There are gen hands out there but at high cost. I wound up with a top-notch rep handset from eBay.

The 3135 100% fits the case and dial. The OEM movement fills the inside of the case whereas the 3135 is of smaller diameter and needs either retaining clamps or a movement holder ring to keep it put. I suppose you can order a bag of mixed-sizes retainer rings, but my completely unskilled self just rigged one by filing down a small zip tie and it works fine.

A 3235 will probably be a straight swap, but I wanted the 3135 because the VS is pretty reliable and readily available.

I decided I liked the EWFs so much that it was worth it for me to buy a few basic tools and watch an instructional youtube video on removing and replacing hands and trimming stems. Meanwhile, the OEM EWF movements in two of my other watches have been reliable, keep great time and have ridiculous power reserves. Only downside is gradual date change.
thank you very much for reporting your experience
maybe I can try with the 3235 to have a movement coeval with the watch
Thanks again

panchobarronr

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/4/18
2836 is a Rock solid movement.nobody will open your watch and see the movement Good i was reading this almost going to buy this junk.I order better with 2836 movement