• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Titanium Yatchmaster 42mm - 2023 release

Ah0rsey

18 hands high, bushy mane.
Patron
Certified
9/8/22
uk
excellent info, can't wait for mine to arrive. lightness & comfort for me is a factor for a tool watch so thats nice to know, whether the real titanium is used Im not that bothered but to get to that weight they have sprinkled it with magic fairy dust somehow as its 50g lighter than a sub. cheers!

Reactions: HelloBusby

biff1001

25/7/21
excellent info, can't wait for mine to arrive. lightness & comfort for me is a factor for a tool watch so thats nice to know, whether the real titanium is used Im not that bothered but to get to that weight they have sprinkled it with magic fairy dust somehow as its 50g lighter than a sub. cheers!
If the case/bracelet are non magnetic then it points towards titanium as does the combined weight of 100g.
No guarantee that it is but i don't think it's stainless steel either.

PRS

Known Member
12/6/23
TR
First and foremost, on behalf of everyone who will benefit, thank you for your effort and time. Thank you additionally for an excellent review and for shedding light on the details that really pique interest. The weight and dimensions really seem great, I hope you use it with much pleasure.

Reactions: HelloBusby

nycwatchguy1989

15/1/16
East Coast
Great thread here, lads.

Qq, do we know which genuine crystal reference # fits this YM? Is perhaps it the same one as a dj41, and explorer 2?

Thanks for the help.

Tompa

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I had the same issue with mine. Not sure why it happened but I had to drill out the pin and lost one link.
Maybe they have used locktight? Trie to heat up the screw a little bit

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20

Got mine today , not bad for the price only issue is movement feels like lots of sand inside( dates slowly changing from 23:00until 24:03)no issues with screws or sizing bracelet , overall happy with this purchase

Last edited:

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Total weight with full links 104g
I would say EWF has done a very good job this time, and a very good price too if the watch is truly made of Ti
They really have managed to seize the market before those big guys come up with this model
Just hope their movement can stand the test of time

Yacht-Monster

The entertainer previously known as Roughwatch
Supporter
Certified
7/6/21
The Eternal Winter
Come on VSF, Clean, what are you guys doing? I might have to get the EWF to keep me sane until the big players release their versions!

Reactions: keisuke_z

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
Does anyone know if the movement can be swapped for something else? Perhaps a VR3235?

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
No, EWF use a Hangzhou movement dressed as a 3235/3135. They can't be swapped as I think it's based off an ETA clone, but @KJ2020 might be the best to confirm that.

Thank you for chiming in! That is highly disappointing! @KJ2020 can we at least put something more reliable in there? 2824 perhaps?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thank you for chiming in! That is highly disappointing! @KJ2020 can we at least put something more reliable in there? 2824 perhaps?
I've never tinkered with the EWF Hangzhou 7 series movements bro. They are not top tier movements AFAIK from what I've read. They are inexpensive which itself is not a dealbreaker fault as the DG2813 is even cheaper and I have several that are still going strong 5 years on.

It stands to reason that a 2824 or a 2836 could fit the case - those two ETAs have different stem heights one of which should be compatible with most rep case tube positions. But which one can only be determined by a trial fit. Then there's the issue of dial feet positions. I think it's unlikely this dial would be a true next generation dial with underside rims like most newer rep Rolex dials have. That would actually be a good thing if trying to swap in an ETA.

Hand hole sizes are also an unknown. Those are all different among various movements so I wouldn't expect these to be identical to anything else. Often some crimping and broaching of holes can make hands fit another movement though. Finding Chromalight ETA hands would be difficult. Most aftermarket ETA hands are either Superluminova (green) or a medium blue (not blue-green) if made for 6 digit watches.

It would be an interesting challenge but in all honesty not one I would embrace. That's why I have always avoided these movements. Like a DG2813, if it isn't performing well it makes the most sense to probably just replace it with another new one.

Last edited: