• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Right To Bear Arms

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
I see the argument of "if guns were not available, people would kill people other ways"
of course that is true, but making thing easy does change the way people act and express themselves.
herre's a nice example:

before facebook, how many people would bother to express their opinion on anything, in writing or publically in any way. -not many. how do we make everyone gob off about what they think every day. we invent social media. .....meh, not easy enough. even though your PC rememebers your password for, you still had to make an update or something. next step, you can comment on others updates and links. -meh, still not easy enough, we can make more people express their opinions. -let's make a "like" button. now people can express their thoughts by just clicking "like" . why? -it's just that one button. one trigger. you don't have to do anything at all, it's right there. Someone made up the thought for you, you just have to "like" it.

humans do react to what is presented in front of them. simple human nature.

I don't care if everyone in the US wants to have guns. it's a part of the history, and as such, I would have to agree, due to my argument of, that I too would be more likely to be fond of guns, if I had been raised in the US.

I just think that obviously, if you loose your mind, even if you're not psycho, or perhaps not prooved psycho, you could end up looking at a dead person with a gun in your hand, if you own a gun, or have access to it.

I' quite glad we don't have guns around here in europe, the way you guys have in the US, I really really am, but as things are now, I understand that it is difficult to see who will lay down their guns first. how should it be possible to reduce guns in the US. I don't see it happening.

Luthier

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/9/09
That's a slightly dubious claim unless you clarify that you are talking about America and not in general ;)

Countries in general with incredibly tight gun control have less gun crime than those with lesser gun control laws.
:raji:
Of course, I'm talking about America.

Luthier

30/9/09
... but as things are now, I understand that it is difficult to see who will lay down their guns first. how should it be possible to reduce guns in the US. I don't see it happening.
Absolutely correct. If I'd know - criminals don't have guns - I'd give up my guns with pleasure. Not gonna happen. You ban all guns - criminals will always find the way to get one. Or many. As I said before - gun free Chicago has highest murder rate in US. You can't buy a gun there, but criminals don't care your laws. They are CRIMINALS.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Guns definitely make it easier. But we have 2nd Amendment, and nobody will disarm americans, EVER. Psychos pull out the guns only, if they are sure, that nobody else have a gun. If a few people in that movie theater had a guns - result will be way different. Killing by guns is much higher in "guns free" zones, I'm sure, you know it.

Yeah more people would be dead. Multiple shooters in a smoke filled movie theater is a terrible idea.

bradj

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/12
Yeah more people would be dead. Multiple shooters in a smoke filled movie theater is a terrible idea.

Oh geez... Sensationalism.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

By your logic maybe we should also just ban black people. Gun Violence is a problem.. period. Just focusing in on some of these high profile incidents is narrow minded. There are much larger problems, and unfortunately blaming the gun is an easy resolution.

inlinecharts21.jpg

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Oh geez... Sensationalism.

http://www.justfacts.com/guncontrol.asp

By your logic maybe we should also just ban black people. Gun Violence is a problem.. period. Just focusing in on some of these high profile incidents is narrow minded. There are much larger problems, and unfortunately blaming the gun is an easy resolution.

inlinecharts21.jpg

What? That was a reply to Luthier's comment, not a generalization. I was saying that in a situation like the one in Colorado, in which the area was dark and smoke-filled, multiple people shooting it out would have probably resulted in more injury and death.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Guns are here to stay. All this arguing is not gonna change a damn thing. If you are for guns, buy them. If you are against them, don't buy them. Simple as that.
I have guns to protect me, my family and my shit. I have it because there are lots of bad people who have guns. If you choose not to buy one, how do you expect yourself to protect yourself against this people? What are you going to do, wait for cops to show up? Wait for your "against the guns" politician to show up and protect you?

I said it before and i will say it again. As long as criminals and people with bad intentions have guns, i am not giving mine up. And with that logic GUNS ARE HERE TO STAY. All this arguing about it is useless.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
What? That was a reply to Luthier's comment, not a generalization. I was saying that in a situation like the one in Colorado, in which the area was dark and smoke-filled, multiple people shooting it out would have probably resulted in more injury and death.
Or somebody could have killed him in defense and saved bunch of lives. At the end, what stopped him? A GUN. You need gun to fight guns. If you are gonna think of scenarios, think of all the possibilities. Not just something that supports your point of view.
May be we should make night vision glasses and thermal heat signature goggles available widely. Just in case you have to confront somebody in dark and smokey situations. (I hope you know I was being sarcastic).

Sent from 1:1 app mad with a gen Tapatalk as sample.

i_like_shiney_things

24/10/13
That is one sexy gun ;)
I should say that I didn't start this topic for arguments sake... simply because I was/am genuinely interested in hearing peoples opinions :)
Also, I have no problem with guns in general, I'm a member of a target shooting club in the UK (which I sorely miss now I'm in Seoul) and I have been known to do a spot of hunting... when I do hunt it's always on extended vacations and we always eat what we kill, I am not an advocate of trophy hunting.
:raji:

(EDIT: My only problem with guns is that we should be doing everything humanly possible to make sure that they stay in the hands of responsible owners and not crazed loons ;) )
I thought you were going to bed...:hehehe:

123.jpg

i_like_shiney_things

24/10/13
Or somebody could have killed him in defense and saved bunch of lives. If you are gonna think of scenarios, think of all the possibilities. Not just something that supports your point of view.
May be we should make night vision glasses and thermal heat signature goggles available widely. Just in case you have to confront somebody in dark and smokey situations. (I hope you know I was being sarcastic).

I have a pair of night vision glasses... bought them just for fun :)

smokiedabong

22/8/12
These guys have it under control

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJEO3rmefmI"]Arab Wedding Celebration with Guns - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PIH1NUA9JI"]Shot gun wedding Russia - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkDN6Um9ZMQ"]Gun Shot Wedding عرس ÙÂÙŠ الجزائر, إطلاق النار اØ*تÙÂالا - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gHvrt0yVao"]Chechen Mafia in a BMW M5 with guns 2012(shishani mafia) - YouTube[/ame]

i_like_shiney_things

24/10/13
Make sure you take it to theater near you. Along with your gun. Just in case of emergency.

It's not my job to work out how another country solves its problems... it's undeniable that America does have a gun problem but I don't know why some people take it so personally when I talk about it in a non aggressive, respectful and curious manner ;)

As for the cinema I think I'll be okay... can't actually think of the last time there was an incident of gun crime in Seoul :)

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
It's not my job to work out how another country solves its problems... it's undeniable that America does have a gun problem but I don't know why some people take it so personally when I talk about it in a non aggressive, respectful and curious manner ;)

As for the cinema I think I'll be okay... can't actually think of the last time there was an incident of gun crime in Seoul :)

America does have a gun problem. I agree 100%.
There is no way to fix it though.
I was respectful towards you. My sarcasm was intended towards mzcool.

Gun crime in Seoul. Those people in Colorado were not aware what was about to happen to them. What I am saying is that there is a first time for everything and it is better if you are prepared. I have gun carry permit and while i don't intend to kill or hurt anybody, i do want to protect myself and that is why i carry my gun.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
America does have a gun problem. I agree 100%.
There is no way to fix it though.
I was respectful towards you. My sarcasm was intended towards mzcool.

Gun crime in Seoul. Those people in Colorado were not aware what was about to happen to them. What I am saying is that there is a first time for everything and it is better if you are prepared. I have gun carry permit and while i don't intend to kill or hurt anybody, i do want to protect myself and that is why i carry my gun.

The best preparation is prevention. James Holmes legally purchased his weapons even though he had recorded psychological issues.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Let's just say that government bans sells of all the guns. There still will be millions of guns out there that are not registered and were sold without the paperwork. How will government get them back. What happens to existing weapons?
All this debate looks good in theory but it is very hard to implement.

I am all for pyschos not having guns but how do we determine how much psyco you have to be to have a gun. It is very hard thing to do.

mzcool

I'm Pretty Popular
2/6/13
Let's just say that government bans sells of all the guns. There still will be millions of guns out there that are not registered and were sold without the paperwork. How will government get them back. What happens to existing weapons?
All this debate looks good in theory but it is very hard to implement.

I am all for pyschos not having guns but how do we determine how much psyco you have to be to have a gun. It is very hard thing to do.

Mandate an interview with a psychologist before being given a permit to buy a gun, and should any psychological issues occur post permit recieval, that permit should be suspended and revaluated.

rhp1462

Mythical Poster
20/2/13
Mandate an interview with a psychologist before being given a permit to buy a gun, and should any psychological issues occur post permit recieval, that permit should be suspended and revaluated.

Considering how many gun owners are there in America, Do you know how many psychologists we would need?